How to Tell if Someone Viewed Your TikTok Profile and Control It
TikTok is a widely popular social media site that lets users post videos, comment, like, and interact with others’ content. When you create a profile and begin interacting with others, people will likely start looking at your profile.
Your TikTok profile lets you add a short bio, a link tree, and of course, your own videos. Perhaps you want to know how many people are looking at your TikTok profile, or you want to ensure you aren’t being stocked. Either way, TikTok does let users enable a Profile Views function.
This article will teach you how to know who’s viewing your profile and teach you a little about analytics.
How to Know Who’s Viewing Your TikTok Profile
While TikTok does let users see who is viewing their profile, it doesn’t happen by default. You will have to enable the feature, so let’s do that first.
How to Enable Profile Views
To turn on the feature, follow these steps:
- Open TikTok and tap on the profile icon in the lower right corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy in the popup that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Privacy.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Profile Views.
- Toggle the switch in the top right to enable profile views.
Of course, when you enable profile views, others can see that you viewed their profile too. So, if you’re trying to lurk anonymously, it’s best to turn this feature off.
How to See Profile Views
After you’ve enabled the feature, it’s time to see who’s viewing your profile. Here’s how:
- Open TikTok and tap on the profile icon in the bottom right.
- You’ll see an eye icon in the upper right corner of your profile. Tap it.
- Now, you will see a list of people who’ve visited your profile in the past 30 days.
Unfortunately, you can only see the profiles of people who also enable the profile view feature. If someone hasn’t enabled this feature, you’ll never know they looked at your profile.
If you’re looking for analytics-type information (not who is watching but how many people are watching), TikTok did introduce the TikTok Pro accounts. This option provides information on how many people you’re reaching and gives you insight into which videos are performing better so you can get more followers!
But TikTok Pro analytics won’t give you specific details about who is visiting your profile. Analytics only get used for understanding interactions and engagements.
How to Check Your TikTok Profile Views
If you’re wondering whether someone visited your profile, but their name isn’t appearing, there are still a few signs that someone is visiting your profile. For example, if you receive consecutive notifications that someone likes your videos, they’re almost certainly on your profile. Of course, comments can indicate the same thing.
However, follow requests are not a sign that someone is on your profile because they can tap the + icon directly from your video.
How to Control Who Views Your Account
If you’re here because you’re concerned someone is viewing your profile, and you don’t feel comfortable with it, let’s review some ways to secure your account here.
Set Your Account to Private
First, you can set your account to Private. If you want to become TikTok famous, this probably isn’t the best solution, but it’s the perfect option for casual users. Setting your account to Private means no one can see your content unless you approve each user’s follow request. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap on the Me icon in the lower right-hand corner of the app.
- Then, tap the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Privacy.
- In the Privacy account section, toggle the switch to make your account private.
Of course, the above steps won’t work for everyone’s needs. So, if there’s only a handful of users you feel are stalking your profile, you can block their accounts instead.
Block Specific TikTok Users from Viewing Your Profile
Blocking TikTok users is probably the best option to control who sees your posts, and you still get to keep your account set to public. Of course, nothing stops the user from stalking your account in other ways, such as using a different profile. To block specific users, do the following.
- Visit the profile of the person you want to block.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select Block in the popup window.
How to View Profiles Anonymously
There may be times when you’d like to view someone’s TikTok content without alerting them. If you’re logged in to your TikTok account and use the app to search for a particular profile, it will notify them that you were checking out their content the next day.
You can always like or comment on their videos, letting them know you’re only checking their profile to enjoy their content. Assuming that’s not creepy, there’s no need to worry about viewing someone else’s TikTok content.
If you’d like to remain anonymous, you’ll have to view their profile when not logged in. You will have to use the Google or iOS app to do this. The web browser version of TikTok does not allow you to search for another user. To search for a profile, do the following:
- Visit your profile on TikTok and click the three horizontal dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Scroll down and click Logout.
- Confirm that you’d like to sign out of your account. Be sure you know your username and password so you can log back in.
- Go to the home page of TikTok and click the magnifying glass that says Discover at the bottom of the screen.
- Type the username of the account you’re looking for and press enter.
Once you’ve located the profile you want to see, you can anonymously view all content. If you don’t find the account, it’s likely because the user set it to private.
TikTok Profile Views FAQs
Here are some more answers to your questions about TikTok views.
Can I see who is watching my TikTok videos?
No. TikTok will provide you with the number of views but not specifically who is watching. These stats are more for analytics (monitoring your success) rather than catching a profile stalker.
When I enable profile views, will people who visited my profile before I enabled the feature appear?
Yes. You can see a retroactive list for the past 30 days.
What does TikTok’s analytics feature do?
TikTok’s analytics feature will tell you how many views and impressions your TikTok content has, but it won’t tell you who viewed your content or profile. If you have a TikTok pro account, you can use this feature to track your success and grow your account.