How to Stream Amazon Prime on Discord
When it comes to chatting online, it’s hard to beat Discord. Although the app began with a cult following from the gaming community, Discord has become perfect for groups looking to stay together online. If you and your friends are looking to have a night in while streaming online, using Discord with Amazon Prime to watch a movie is a great idea.
In this article, we’re going to tell you how to stream Amazon Prime on Discord, as well as answer a few questions on the subject.
How to Stream Amazon Prime on Discord
One of the many advantages that come with Amazon Prime is the ability to stream thousands of movies and TV shows whenever you want. In addition, you can stream the latest music videos without having to put up with those annoying ads associated with most streaming services.
But that’s not even the best part: you can actually stream Amazon Prime on Discord. This way, you can stream that perfect movie or music video and watch it in real-time with family or friends.
But you might be thinking, “Isn’t it a complicated process?” Absolutely not. All you have to do is treat Amazon Prime as a game. Discord recognizes the service as a game and starts streaming immediately without any issues.
Now let’s jump right in and see how it works:
- First, ensure that you’re connected to a server. Then, open Amazon Prime using your browser. If you’re not logged in already, enter your credentials as necessary.
- In another window, launch Discord.
- Click on the Settings icon located in the bottom left corner.
- From the menu on the left-hand side, select Game Activity.
- From the options at the top of the screen, select Add it.
- From this point, choose the browser window streaming Amazon Prime.
- Click on Add Game.
- Leave the settings section and click on Screen in the bottom left corner of the screen. This launches a popup screen where you’re prompted to choose the browser window you’d like to stream.
- Adjust streaming settings to your preferences. It’s important to note that you can’t go higher than 720p unless you have a Discord Nitro account, which supports higher-resolution media and boosts your servers to improve your viewing experience.
- Hit Go Live to start streaming immediately.
What makes Discord streaming such an exciting choice among Amazon Prime subscribers is the fact that you can leave your camera on even when you’re actively streaming. That way, your viewing partners can see your reactions to the playback.
How to Stream Amazon Prime on Discord Without Black Screen
A black screen occurs when your screen abruptly turns black as you watch. The show will suddenly disappear, and you’ll find yourself staring at nothing but a blank screen.
There are many reasons to love streaming on Discord, but a black screen can ruin your viewing experience.
While it’s not possible to pinpoint the exact cause, you might be relieved to learn that there are possible resolutions. Let’s look at several possible fixes if you encounter this problem.
Update Your Discord
Updating Discord is a quick way to fix bugs. If you encounter the black screen, checking for new Discord updates should be top on the list of your troubleshooting options.
Try Clearing the Cache
In some cases, the cache generated by Discord can be infiltrated by corrupt elements, a situation that may interrupt Discord at startup and lead to a black screen. The only way to get rid of such elements would be to clear the cache.
Clear Background Applications
Some of the applications running in the background can interfere with Discord’s launching sequence. To avoid this scenario, you should clear any unnecessary program running in the background.
Switch Off Hardware Acceleration.
Hardware acceleration is a technique used to boost processor usage by offloading certain computing functions to hardware components. However, the feature can cause a black screen on Discord. Disabling it can possibly resolve the issue and let you stream content uninterrupted.
Here’s how to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Open up Firefox, click on the menu in the top-right corner and go to Settings.
- In the General tab, scroll down to Performance, uncheck Use recommended performance settings, and then uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
1. How Do You Stream Amazon Prime With Friends?
• Open Amazon Prime Video on a browser.
• Open the video you’d like to share.
• Click on the Watch Party icon to invite friends.
2. Can You Screen Share Movies on Discord?
Yes. Discord comes with a feature that allows users to share their screens with others.
3. Can I Stream Prime Video on Twitch?
Yes. To do so, you need to connect your Prime account to Twitch and use the Watch Party feature to share your screen with others.
4. Is It Legal to Stream Amazon Prime on Discord?
It depends. If you’re sharing Prime content with a few friends or family, that’s perfectly okay. But sharing content with the general public is considered a breach of copyright laws and can get you in trouble.
5. How Do I Stream Movies on Discord?
Once you’ve created a chatroom and invited your friends, you can easily stream movies by clicking on Go Live and then choosing the browser streaming the movie.
6. Why Am I Unable to Share Prime Video Over Discord?
Some of the reasons why sharing Prime Video over Discord can fail include the use of outdated Discord software, hardware acceleration, a corrupted cache, or the execution of too many programs in the background. Try the troubleshooting tips mentioned above to fix your problem.
Upgrade Your Viewing Experience
There’s hardly a better way to upgrade your Amazon Prime viewing experience than watching your favorite videos with family and friends, no matter where they are. And thanks to this article, you now know just what you need to do to make this a reality.
Have you experienced any challenges trying to stream an Amazon Prime video on Discord? Let us know in the comments.