How to Stream Live on Facebook and YouTube at the Same Time
Facebook and YouTube are by far two of the most popular social media platforms worldwide. Facebook users account for 2.85 billion active monthly users, while YouTube is in second place at 2.29 billion. Both sites offer live streaming services, giving people the opportunity to reach millions of people potentially.
But how do you live stream on both platforms at the same time?
The process is relatively straightforward. This article will show you how to broadcast on multiple platforms simultaneously using different software and streaming services.
Keep on reading to find out more.
If you’re planning to live stream on Facebook and YouTube, the most important thing you need is a registered account on both platforms. Once that is out of the way, you can start setting up your live stream features.
Facebook provides the option to live stream directly to your profile or group. Here’s how to do this:
- Log in to your Facebook account from your chosen device.
- Head to the page, profile, or group where you’d like to stream.
- Hit the “Live” button located beneath the post composer and add a description.
- Select “Start Live video.”
- Choose “Finish” when you’re ready to end your broadcast.
On YouTube, you will need to enable the live streaming feature. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open YouTube from your chosen device.
- Click or tap on “Create.”
- Select “Go Live.”
To merge the two platforms, you’ll need the help of software that offers multi-streaming capabilities. There are many free services out there that can do this. Essentially, the one you choose is all down to personal preference.
It’s also essential to make sure that the service is compatible with your chosen device. Once you’ve chosen your desired multi-streaming software, you’ll need to connect it to your social media platforms.
How to Stream Live on Facebook and YouTube Using Your PC?
OBS Studio is free, open-source software that offers a plugin that allows you to stream videos on multiple platforms simultaneously. While you can use OBS Studio on both Macs and PCs, the plugin is only available on Windows.
Once you’ve created an account on the website, you’ll need to download the “Multiple RTMP Outputs” plugin.
Before using this service, it’s important to make sure that the internet connection is strong to handle the additional bandwidth.
Here’s how to start streaming on both Facebook and YouTube using OBS from your PC:
- Launch OBS.
- From the upper left bar select, “View” then “Docks,” and choose “Multiple Output.” You can place the settings panel that appears next to your canvas for easy access.
- From the bottom-right control panel, select “Settings.”
- Select the “Stream” option from the left-hand side. You’ll be asked to enter your stream key from Facebook.
- On Facebook, click “Live” then “Use Stream Key.”
- Copy and paste the Stream Key into OBS. You will now be able to stream directly to Facebook.
- To add YouTube, go back to your main OBS page and select “Add New Target.”
- In the Streaming Settings tab that appears, name the folder (E.g., YouTube), then login to your YouTube account in a separate browser.
- Click “Go Live,” then head to your stream page.
- Copy and paste your stream URL into OBS next to “RTMP Server.” Do the same with your Stream Key; only paste it where it says “RTMP Key.”
- Select “Start Streaming” from the bottom right control panel to allow you to stream on Facebook.
- Press “Start” next to where it says “YouTube” on the Settings panel. You will then be able to stream simultaneously on both platforms.
How to Stream Live on Facebook and YouTube Using Restream Studio?
Restream Studio is reliable software that simultaneously lets you live stream to Facebook, YouTube, and other platforms. The software comes with many features to enhance your multi-streaming experience, including HD live streams, screen sharing, adding custom graphics, and much more.
The great thing about Restream Studio is that it works efficiently from both a PC and Mac and is easy to use whether you’re a professional or beginner. Here’s how to do it:
- From your desktop, head to the Restream site and create an account.
- After logging in, select the “Add Channel” button.
- Connect your Facebook Live and YouTube Live accounts to Restream.
- On the left-side menu, choose “Live Studio.”
- In “Settings,” make sure that your microphone and camera are set up.
- Select “Go Live” and start streaming on both Facebook and YouTube.
What Equipment Is Needed to Live Stream?
If you’re planning to live stream, it’s essential to have the right gear. This includes a working camera, microphone, and, of course, a multiple streaming service or software.
It is possible to use your mobile device or computer for this, but you may want to invest in more advanced, separate equipment for high-quality content.
What Are the Benefits of Live Streaming on Multiple Platforms?
Recent years have seen significant growth in live streaming content. More people are ditching their cable TV subscriptions for the ever-growing online video market. By streaming on multiple platforms simultaneously, it gives streamers access to a broader audience.
Not only that, but live streaming on Facebook and YouTube simultaneously allows users to promote businesses, grow followers, and provide opportunities for networking and monetization.
Life Is but a Livestream
Live streaming has become an essential part of online marketing and broadcasting. It’s predicted that the live streaming industry will reach $70 billion yearly revenue by the end of 2021. The 2020 pandemic also played a significant role in the meteoric rise of live streaming viewers and creators.
With live streaming becoming increasingly popular, it’s important to know how to stream across multiple global platforms like Facebook and YouTube successfully. Doing so helps to increase audience outreach, boost brand awareness, and save time.
Do you enjoy live streaming? Have you tried to stream live on Facebook and YouTube simultaneously? How did you find the experience? We’d love to hear from you. Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.