How to Block Someone in Telegram
If you’ve been using Telegram for a while now, you might have come across accounts with which you’d rather not interact. Whether it’s a spam account, an ex, or just someone whose messages you no longer wish to receive, blocking them is a straightforward process.
By blocking them, they will no longer be able to communicate with you. In this article, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to block someone on Telegram so you can take back control of your messaging experience.
How to Block Someone on Telegram via iPhone
To block messages or calls from a known contact or an unknown one on the Telegram app for iPhone, simply follow these easy steps on your device:
How to Block a Telegram Contact on iPhone
- Launch the Telegram app on your phone.
- Choose “Contacts” to see your list of contacts.
- Tap on the contact you want to block.
- Once the contact is selected, click the three dots icon.
- Find and pick the “Block User” option by scrolling down.
- Tap to confirm.
How to Block Unknown Telegram Users on iPhone
- Open your Telegram app.
- Go to the “Settings” menu at the bottom.
- Tap the “Privacy and Security” option.
- Select “Block Users.”
- Hit the “Block User” button to add unknown users to your block list.
How to Block Someone on Telegram via Android
Follow the instructions below to filter out unwanted Telegram users on Android devices:
How to Block a Telegram Contact on Android
- Open the Telegram app on your Android phone.
- Tap the hamburger button at the top left.
- Select “Contacts.”
- Search or choose the contact that you’re going to block.
- Click on the desired contact. And tap the three dots icon.
- Hit “Block” and follow the prompts to confirm the action.
How to Block Unknown Telegram Users on Android
- Launch the Telegram app on Android.
- Tap the hamburger button (the menu icon).
- Choose the “Settings” menu.
- Click the “Privacy and Security” option.
- Select “Blocked Users” to filter out the unwanted user.
- Pick the message thread and tap “Block user” to confirm.
How to Block Someone on Telegram via Telegram Desktop
Blocking contacts or unknown users on Telegram from your computer is also quite effortless. Here are some simple steps to do it:
How to Block a Telegram Contact on Your Computer
- Launch the Telegram Desktop.
- Go to “Contacts.”
- Select the contact you would like to block.
- Tap the three dots icon that appears on the desired contact page.
- Choose “Block user” to filter out the contact.
How to Block Unknown Telegram Users on Your Computer
- Open your Telegram Desktop.
- Choose the “Settings” menu.
- Hit the “Privacy and Security” option.
- Pick “Blocked users.”
- Tap the “Block user” button to include the unknown user in your block list.
How to Find Out if Someone Has Blocked You on Telegram
There are several ways to tell if someone has blocked you on Telegram:
- Invisible profile photo. You won’t be able to view the profile picture of the user that has blocked you. Instead, you may only see their initials.
- Undeliverable messages. The message you try to send will only show a single tick, which means it’s not delivered.
- Concealed online status. You will only see “Last seen a long time ago” on their profile status, even though they may be still active on the platform.
- Unsuccessful call attempts. If you try to call them through Telegram and notice a “Failed to connect call due to privacy settings” popup, you’ve likely been blocked.
Unblocking Someone on Your Telegram
If you mistakenly block someone on Telegram, or simply decided to reconnect with them, you can unblock them by following the steps listed below:
Unblocking User via Chat
- Launch your Telegram app.
- Search for the threads of conversation between you and the user you’d like to unblock.
- Open the chat and tap the “Unblock” option at the bottom.
Unblocking User via Contact Profile
If you don’t find the “Unblock” button in the chat section, this method may work for you:
- Open the Telegram app on your device.
- Find the chat between you and the blocked user.
- Click the user name displayed at the top of the page.
- You’ll be directed to the contact profile.
- Tap the three dots icon.
- Select “Unblock.”
Unblocking User via Settings
- Launch Telegram on your device.
- Hit the menu icon (hamburger button) at the top left.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Tap “Privacy and Security.”
- Select “Blocked Users,” and you’ll see a list of users that you’ve blocked previously.
- Pick the user you wish to unblock.
- Hit “Unblock” to confirm your action.
Say Goodbye to Unwanted Messages and Contacts
Using the “Block” option is the quickest and easiest way to eliminate contact from unwanted users on Telegram. By restricting unwanted messages or contacts, you can now focus on the conversations that matter to you and have a more enjoyable experience on this messaging platform.
Which method do you prefer to use to block someone on Telegram? Do you have any other ways to filter out unwanted messages or accounts on Telegram? Let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.