How to Use the Spoiler Tag in Telegram
Although relatively new, Telegram is one of the most popular messaging apps around. This is no surprise since the app offers numerous interesting and convenient features like spoiler tags. These tags allow users to avoid spoilers related to TV shows, movies, games, etc. If you’re interested in learning how to use spoiler tags in Telegram, you’ve come to the right place. This article will discuss how to do it on both desktop and mobile versions.
How to Use Spoiler Tags in Telegram on a PC
Telegram’s new spoiler feature lets you avoid the juicy details regarding your favorite TV show or movie. Of course, this is a two-way street. If you’re discussing the content in a Telegram group, you should redact spoilers for the sake of others.
Those who like using Telegram on their computer should follow these steps to use spoiler tags:
- Open the Telegram app.
- Go to the group or channel where you want to send a message containing spoilers.
- Type out the message in the field and select the words you want to hide.
- Right-click on the selected words and choose “Formatting” from the menu that appears on the screen.
- Select “Spoilers.”
- Press Enter to send the message.
The selected words will be grayed out on Windows computers and blacked out on Macs. Once you get the hang of spoiler tags, you can simplify the process. Use the “Ctrl + Shift + P” on Windows computers and “Cmd + Shift + P” on Macs to apply the spoiler formatting.
How to Use Spoiler Tags in Telegram on an iPhone
If you’re using Telegram on your iPhone, you’ll be happy to know that you can use spoiler tags. While accessing them requires only a few steps, you need to be extra careful not to miss a word or two since you’ll need to long-press the text.
Follow the instructions below to use spoiler tags in Telegram on your iPhone:
- Open the Telegram app.
- Find the group or channel where you want to send a message with spoiler tags.
- Enter the message in the field and press and hold the words you wish to cover. This step requires precision since you don’t want to miss certain words.
- Telegram’s formatting menu will automatically appear. Select “BIU.”
- Choose “Spoiler.”
- Press the blue arrow to send the message and it will be displayed as a grainy cloud.
How to Use Spoiler Tags in Telegram on an Android Device
Telegram has made its spoiler tag feature available across all platforms, including Android. If you have an Android device and want to use spoiler tags, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Telegram app.
- Enter the group or channel where you want to post a message containing spoilers.
- Type the entire message and select the words you wish to hide. Be careful since it’s easy to leave behind a word or two.
- The built-in formatting menu will appear. Choose “Spoiler.”
- Tap the send button and formatted words will appear as a grainy cloud.
How to Use Spoiler Tags in Telegram on an iPad
Telegram’s spoiler tag feature is available for all iPad users. Here’s how to use this valuable option:
- Open the Telegram app.
- Find the channel or group where you want to send a message with spoiler tags.
- Type the message you wish to send and use your finger to select the words you want to hide. Double-check to ensure you selected the right words.
- Choose “BIU” from the menu that appears on the screen.
- Select “Spoiler.”
- Tap the blue arrow to send your message and the selected text will show up as a grainy cloud.
Can others view my message when they receive a notification about it?
When you use spoiler formatting, it’s immediately applied to notifications. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about other users seeing the uncensored content from the notification.
How can I see a spoiler message in Telegram?
If someone used spoiler formatting for a TV show or movie you’re not particularly interested in, you can simply remove the format. All you need to do is tap or click on the message to reveal the hidden text.
What can I do if I accidentally reveal a message containing spoilers?
Since you can see a spoiler message with only one tap or click, many people do it by accident. Unfortunately, Telegram currently doesn’t have the option to hide the text again. You can exit the group or channel and go back to it, however, and the formatting will reset.
Escape the Spoilers on Telegram
If you haven’t had a chance to watch the newest episodes of your favorite TV show or the latest hot movie, you’ll want to stay away from spoilers. This can be difficult unless you decide to forget about the internet altogether. Fortunately, Telegram has the spoiler tag option that lets you to enjoy the app without worrying about reading something you don’t want to know yet.
How many times have you stumbled across spoilers online? Are you careful when discussing the latest TV shows and movies on the internet? Tell us in the comments section below.