How to Use a VPN With BlueStacks
Are you looking for a way to protect your privacy while using BlueStacks? If so, we have a solution: using a virtual private network (VPN). It will not only increase your privacy on the internet, but it will also enable access to restricted apps and websites.
VPNs are an excellent way to ensure you can surf the internet without anyone tracking your activity. If you’re interested in learning more, you’ve come to the right place. This article will discuss how to use a VPN with BlueStacks on a PC or a Mac and explain its numerous benefits.
How to Use a VPN With BlueStacks on a Windows PC?
BlueStacks converts your Windows PC to an Android hub and allows you to download apps from the Play Store. Whether you want to protect your privacy or access different websites, we recommend using ExpressVPN.
ExpressVPN is one of the most popular VPN services, one that guarantees your security across all your devices.
Setting it up is easy, and you can do it in two ways: installing it directly on your PC to apply it to all your traffic or installing the Android version within BlueStacks. Our recommendation is to install it on your PC because you’ll have a higher security level. Plus, you’ll have more features available and can use the VPN service for other purposes as well. Although installing ExpressVPN directly on your PC is a safer option, we’ll review the steps for installing it on an Android device as well.
If you want to install ExpressVPN through BlueStacks, follow the steps below:
- Launch BlueStacks on your PC.
- Visit ExpressVPN and sign up for an account.
- Go to the Play Store.
- Look for “ExpressVPN” and install it.
- Since you’ve already created an account using our discounted rate, click “Sign in” and enter your email address and password.
- When a pop-up message requesting permission to set up a VPN connection shows up on the screen, press “Ok” to confirm.
- By default, ExpressVPN will connect you to an optimal, “Smart” location. You can change this by pressing three dots on the right. You can also choose the recommended locations with the best connection and speed or switch to the “All locations” tab.
- Tap the power icon to connect to the VPN server.
Now you can use BlueStacks with a VPN. Remember, if you followed these steps, the VPN is only available within BlueStacks. This is a good option if you want to protect your privacy within the app but keep surfing the internet with your IP address.
As mentioned, another way is to install ExpressVPN on your computer and then launch BlueStacks. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your browser, go to ExpressVPN’s website, and select “My Account.”
- If you don’t have an account, create one and purchase a preferred subscription plan. If you have an account, press “Sign in.”
- Press “Download for Windows” and copy the activation code.
- Click “Download.” A pop-up message will ask whether you want to allow the app to make changes to your computer. Press “Yes.”
- Once ExpressVPN is installed, you’ll see the welcome screen with short instructions. Press “Continue” twice, and then press “Set up VPN.”
- When asked to allow the app to make changes to your computer, press “Yes.” Use the activation code and press “Continue.”
- Choose whether you want ExpressVPN to launch every time you turn on your computer. You can also customize these settings later.
- The app has the “Smart Location” features that select the optimal location for your computer by default. If you want to change it, press the three dots on the right.
- Press the power button to connect.
How to Use a VPN With BlueStacks on a Mac
If you’re using a Mac device, you can easily convert it to a virtual Android hub with BlueStacks. Using a VPN with BlueStacks guarantees your privacy and prevents anyone from tracking your activity.
You can launch BlueStacks first and install a VPN like ExpressVPN for Android through the Play Store or install ExpressVPN on your Mac device. Choose the first option if you want to use a VPN only for BlueStacks and keep using your IP address for other activities. But, keep in mind you’ll have fewer features available, and the security level won’t be as high.
Here’s how to install ExpressVPN within BlueStacks:
- Open BlueStacks on your Mac device.
- Go to the Play Store and download the ExpressVPN app.
- Press “Sign in” and enter your email address and password since you’ve signed up using our discount.
- Press “Ok” to allow setting up the VPN connection.
- You’ll be automatically connected to a “Smart location.” To change it, press the three dots on the right. The locations in the “Recommended” tab are the ones with the best connection and speed. If you have a specific area in mind, press “All locations” and select it.
- Once you’ve set up the preferred location, press the power icon to connect.
By installing ExpressVPN through BlueStacks, you’ll only be protected when you use the app.
If you want to install ExpressVPN directly on your Mac, you’ll be able to use it with BlueStacks and any other app, browser, or program. You’ll also have a higher security level and more options to choose from, which is why this is our recommendation.
Here’s how to install ExpressVPN on your Mac device:
- Launch your browser and go to the ExpressVPN website.
- Press “My account.”
- Enter your username and password if you have an account. If you don’t have one, press “Get ExpressVPN” and select the preferred subscription plan.
- Press “Download for Mac” and copy the activation code because you’ll need it once you install the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the app.
- Use the activation code to continue with setting up ExpressVPN.
- A pop-up message will appear asking you whether you want ExpressVPN to launch every time you start your Mac; press “Ok” or “No thanks.”
- You’ll see ExpressVPN has assigned a location by default. You can change this by pressing the three dots on the right and choosing between “Recommended locations” and “All locations.”
- Press the power icon to connect.
Since you’ve installed ExpressVPN on your Mac device, you can now launch BlueStacks, and your connection will be automatically protected.
BlueStacks Is Even Better With a VPN
If you were wondering how to use a VPN with BlueStacks, we hope this article was helpful. You can turn your Windows PC or a Mac device into an Android hub at any time with BlueStacks. The app allows you to install Android apps and run them on your device. ExpressVPN is an excellent addition that increases your privacy and security and opens access to numerous apps that are unavailable in your region.
Have you ever used a VPN with BlueStacks? Did you use ExpressVPN? Tell us in the comments section below.