How To View How Many Watchers on an Item on eBay
As a buyer, you can put an item from eBay in your “Watchlist,” and the seller is notified that someone is keeping an eye on the product. But how do you view how many watchers are for a single listing? And why does it even matter to have that information? This article will attempt to answer those questions.
How Watching Works on eBay
A person that adds an item to their watchlist becomes the watcher. But it doesn’t mean they’re going to bid on that item or even buy it immediately.
Often, the watchers are also sellers on the platform and want to keep track of their competitors’ offerings and prices.
But seeing how many watchers an item has may also have a psychological effect, as it can indicate to buyers which item is popular at the moment. This is why both sellers and buyers may want to see the exact number of people watching a product selling on eBay.
How to See How Many Watchers on eBay as a Buyer on a Computer?
First, let’s cover how you can see how many watchers an item on eBay has from a buyer’s perspective. Fortunately, eBay makes this a simple process. Here’s how it works using your computer:
- Go to eBay using any browser and log into your account.
- Select a category you want to shop in or search for an item in the search bar.
- Click on the item you’re interested in. It will redirect you to a new page.
- You’ll see more information about the product. Among details such as how many items are available; you’ll see how many other people are watching that item.
For example, if you’re watching a pair of shoes you like, right under the price, you might see something like “10 watchers.”
This information tells you how many more people are currently interested in the same item. They might buy it, or they’re just curious if it sells and for how much.
How to See How Many Watchers on eBay as a Buyer on the iPhone or Android App
Many people use their phones or tablets to shop on eBay as it can be far more convenient. Viewing how many watchers a product has on eBay works similarly on the mobile app.
- Launch the eBay app on your device and browse through items.
- When you tap on an item you like, you’ll see more information about it. The number of watchers will appear right under the price and shipping fee.
Keep in mind that if the item doesn’t have any watchers, it won’t show “0 watchers.” Instead, there won’t be any information. In fact, most products on eBay don’t have watchers at all.
How to See How Many Watchers on eBay as a Seller on a PC
Knowing how many watchers your listing has is even more critical if you are selling items on eBay. If there are many watchers and no bidders or buyers, it could mean that your item is incorrectly priced.
That count allows you to correct your pricing or keep going at the current price, depending on what you decide is the right thing to do.
If you’re a seller on eBay, here’s how to see how many people have added your listing to their watchlist:
- Go to eBay using any browser on your computer and log into your account.
- Navigate to the “My eBay” option at the top of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Selling.”
- There, you’ll see a complete summary of the items you’re selling. Each active listing will show how many watchers there are and how many bidders.
Important: You can’t see who the watchers are. The entire process is entirely anonymous. It prevents sellers from reaching out to the watchers directly.
How to See How Many Watchers on eBay as a Seller on the iPhone or Android App
If you’re selling stuff on eBay via smartphone or tablet, you still have the option to view the full summary of how your listings are doing.
That includes the number of watchers. Here’s where you find this information on your eBay app:
- Open eBay on your phone and sign into your account.
- Tap on the Menu (three horizontal lines in the top left corner).
- Under “My eBay,” select “Selling.”
The app will show every active listing you have on the platform. You’ll also see how many watchers each item has, provided there are any.
Turning Watchers Into Buyers
If you’re selling on eBay, having watchers can be very encouraging. They don’t always translate into sales, but they can help you edit the listing and see whether it attracts more people. However, the watchers play an essential role from the buyer’s side as well.
If you’re browsing through a specific product category, you might be curious why one item has more people paying attention to it than others.
Watchers create a buzz around a product on eBay and can benefit both the seller and the buyer. Checking out how many watchers are there on a single listing takes only a few effortless steps.
Do you buy or sell on eBay? What is your experience with the platform? Let us know in the comments section below.