How to Receive Money on PayPal
PayPal is one of the most popular payment platforms today, simplifying the process of buying products and services online. Besides being a payment processing service, PayPal also allows you to make sure the product you’ve purchased is the one you wanted. If not, you can easily request a refund.
Of course, the same applies when selling something online since PayPal will ensure the payment is processed properly and you receive the funds to your e-wallet. Since there are many different use cases for receiving money over PayPal, this article will hopefully answer several questions you might have on the topic.
How to Receive Money on PayPal Without a Bank Account
Receiving money on PayPal without a bank account is one of the most common questions regarding receiving money through PayPal. Luckily, the answer to this question is “no,” you don’t have to own a bank account to use the benefits of the PayPal system.
What’s great about PayPal is that it’s super simple to use. All you need is an email address, and that’s it. When creating your PayPal account, you must enter your email address to complete the process. You can share your email address with a payee and receive funds.
You can safely leave the funds in your PayPal account when you receive the payment. Doing this allows you to purchase items online or send money to another user yourself, all through the same PayPal account.
If you choose to withdraw the funds from your PayPal account, you can do so without a bank account as well. Although not as simple as sending or receiving money between two PayPal accounts, it’s also not that complicated. The only requirement is to have an eligible debit or certain type of credit card to make this work. For example, withdrawing money from PayPal to a Visa debit card is almost the same as when buying something online. The only difference is that you’re the one receiving money this time.
How to Receive Money on PayPal from a Friend
As mentioned, PayPal processes all money transfers based on their users’ email addresses. When receiving money from a friend, the process will differ based on whether they have a PayPal account or not.
First of all, if your friend is a registered PayPal user, they can make a direct transfer to your PayPal account. If you’re requesting payment from them, follow the steps below:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Click the “Send & Request” tab at the top of the page.
- In the “Names or emails” field, enter your friend’s email address and click “Next.”
- Enter the amount you’re requesting. On this page, you can add more people to this request and add a note.
- Click “Request a Payment,” and that’s it.
- Now, your friend will receive a payment request to their PayPal account and can make the payment with just one click.
Even if your friend is not a PayPal user, you can still create a money request in PayPal and send it to their email address. Once they receive the email from PayPal, they’ll see the instructions for creating a PayPal account and making the payment.
How to Receive Money on PayPal Without Fees
Although receiving money without a PayPal transfer fee is possible, it depends on various factors. The first thing to understand is that you can’t send a money request or an invoice without incurring fees. The only way to potentially avoid the fees is for someone else to send you the money from PayPal.
When sending money to someone, the only way to avoid the transfer fees is to fulfill these two requirements:
- The transfer is made within the U.S. between two residents.
- The user that’s sending money transfers it from their PayPal balance or their bank account.
This means that if you’re receiving money from a user in another country or they’re trying to use their U.S. credit card to do so, PayPal will charge a fee for this transaction.
How to Receive Money on PayPal Without SSN
Unfortunately, receiving money through PayPal without a Social Security Number (SSN) is no longer an option. In March 2019, PayPal changed its policy regarding personal accounts. This stipulates that you’ll need to provide your SSN to receive the money. And that’s regardless of the amount, no matter how small it might be.
How to Receive Money with the PayPal App
Once you’ve installed the app, just follow the steps below.
- Open the PayPal app on your mobile device.
- On the home screen, tap the “Request” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the user’s email address and tap “Next.”
- Now enter the amount and tap “Request Now.”
And that’s it; you’ve successfully sent a payment request.
How to Receive Money on PayPal from eBay
To receive money on PayPal from eBay, it should go without saying that you must have both a PayPal and eBay account. If you don’t already have either of these, first visit the PayPal website to create your account and then do the same on eBay.
The next step is to define PayPal as one of the payment methods in the settings for your eBay account.
- Open https://www.ebay.com using a web browser on your computer.
- Click your name in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click “Account settings.”
- When the “My eBay” page opens, click the “Account” tab.
- In the “Payments” section, click “PayPal Account.”
- Now follow the instructions on this page to link your PayPal and eBay accounts. This basically comes down to logging in to your PayPal from this page, and that’s pretty much it.
When you successfully sell an item, the person who bought it will receive the payment instruction from eBay. Besides various purchase details, the buyer will also be able to see your email address for the PayPal transfer, allowing them to easily send you the payment.
How to Receive Money on PayPal Business Account
If you’re opening a PayPal business account, you probably have your own online store and need a secure system to process the payments. Adding PayPal to your store is pretty simple, and it requires adding a couple of lines of HTML code to your website.
PayPal has a pretty simple tutorial on how to do this, but if you’re not feeling confident enough to do it on your own, you might have to seek help from a professional or knowledgeable friend.
How to Receive Money on PayPal Without Verification
Receiving money to your PayPal account doesn’t require verification, so long as you don’t mind keeping the money in your PayPal wallet. But, if you want to withdraw money from PayPal to your credit (or debit) card or bank account, then you’ll have to verify your card or account first.
How to Receive Money on PayPal from Facebook
To link your PayPal account to Facebook and be able to receive payments, just follow the next few steps.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click the “Account” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click “Settings & Privacy.”
- Click “Settings.”
- From the menu to the left, click “Facebook Pay.”
- Click “Add Payment Method.”
- Click “PayPal” from the popup window.
- From here, you can log into your PayPal account.
How to Find Your PayPal.Me Link
Finding your PayPal.Me link is easy, as you can see from the steps below.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Click the cog icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- The “Account” tab opens by default, showing your profile information and other personal details.
- Right underneath your name in the “Profile” section, you should see the “Get PayPal.Me” link.
How to Accept Money on PayPal
When someone sends you money over PayPal, the money will automatically go into your PayPal wallet. If you don’t have a PayPal account yet, you’ll have to create one to create a wallet and accept the incoming money. If that is the case, please keep in mind that you’ll have to register for PayPal with the email address to which the money was sent.
How to Create an Invoice on PayPal
Both Business and Individual PayPal users can create invoices to send to clients and others. An invoice gives you the option to itemize your work and get paid accordingly. Here’s how to create an invoice on PayPal:
- Open PayPal and log into your account. Then, tap on Create Invoice.
- Input the email address of the person to receive the invoice.
- Fill out each item included in your invoice. If you need more spaces, click Add item or service.
- After filling in the invoice details, click Send in the upper right corner to send your invoice.
You will receive an email confirmation after sending your invoice. You can also review all of your invoices in your PayPal account.
This section includes answers to more of your questions about PayPal.
Does PayPal Charge You to Receive Money?
You won’t have to pay fees if you and the sender live in the U.S. and the sender uses their PayPal balance or bank account to make this payment. That being said, any kind of international transfer will definitely incur some fees. To be on the safe side, make sure to check what kind of transaction fees apply to your specific country.
How Do You Send Someone Money Through PayPal?
Just as when you receive money, sending it through PayPal is also quite simple. When you log into your PayPal account, click the “Send” icon, enter the person’s email address, type in the amount, and send it. There’s not much more to it.
When Someone Pays You Through PayPal, How Do You Get the Money?
When you receive money in your PayPal account, you can either keep it in your PayPal wallet or transfer it to your bank account or debit card. Depending on your country and the card type you have, PayPal may charge fees for this kind of withdrawal.
Is It Safe to Receive Money on PayPal?
Yes, it’s completely safe. PayPal uses the highest security protocols to provide a safe environment for its users. As a matter of fact, being a financial institution, they’re also obliged to adhere to the mandatory security standards used across the industry.
How Long Does It Take to Receive Money on PayPal?
Receiving money through PayPal is almost instantaneous. The moment a person sends you money, it will take a minute or two at the most for the transaction to go through.
How Do You Send Money from a Bank Account to PayPal?
First, you have to connect your bank account to your PayPal account. Then, when you want to send money to someone, simply choose your bank account as a payment method. You can also set it as default, speeding up the process even more.
Getting Paid with PayPal
Now that you know all the ways you can receive money in your PayPal account, it’s certain you’ll be able to find the right one for you.
Have you managed to receive payments on PayPal? Do you have any more suggestions on the topic? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.