How To View When a Facebook Account Was Created
We rarely notice how fast time flies, so to some, it may seem like Facebook was only introduced less than 10 years ago. Surprise, surprise – Facebook marked its 17th birthday this year, and your personal account may be older than you think. If you’d like to find out when your Facebook account was created, we’re here to help.
In this guide, we’ll explain how to access your or someone else’s Facebook account creation date. We’ll also share instructions on finding out when you became friends with someone on the platform. In the end, we’ll explain how to find another user’s birthday on Facebook.
How to Find Out When You Created Your Own Facebook Account
You can view the date your account was created by accessing your Facebook information. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook via a browser or app and log in to your account.
- Click the downward arrow icon at the upper right corner to access your account options.
- Select Settings and Privacy from the dropdown menu.
- Choose Your Facebook Information from the left sidebar.
- Click View next to Access Your Information at the right.
- Select Personal Information in the Your Information section.
- Look in the Your Account Creation Date section to find the date when your account was created.
Another option to find out the account creation date and your first actions on the platform is through the Activity Log. To access the activity log, follow the instructions below:
- Open Facebook and sign into your account.
- Expand the profile options dropdown by clicking on the downward icon in the top right.
- Click Settings and Privacy, then click Your Facebook Information located in the left sidebar.
- Click Activity Log.
- Select the earliest date on the timeline that’s located on the right.
- Scroll down until the end to view your first actions on Facebook, such as likes, comments, or profile changes.
Alternatively, you can find a welcome email from Facebook if you still have access to the email address you used when registering. If you’ve set a profile picture right after creating the account, you can also view the date of your first profile image.
How to Find Out When Someone Else Created Their Facebook Account
Finding out when someone else joined Facebook isn’t as simple as it is when viewing your own account creation date. That’s because the account creation date isn’t indicated in the user’s profile information. However, there’s a way of accessing this information by scrolling until the end of the user’s timeline. Here’s how to do that:
- Open Facebook and log in to your account.
- Click the icon with two human figures located at the top of the page to access your Friends list.
- Scroll through the list to find a user whose account creation date you want to find out. You can type in their name into the search bar to speed up the process.
- When you open the user’s profile, scroll down to the very bottom until you see their first post. You can instantly jump to posts from a specific year by selecting it from the timeline on the right. The first post may contain the date the account was created, though some users choose to hide their old posts.
How to Find Out When You Became Friends With Someone on Facebook?
Checking when you befriended someone on Facebook is interesting and often surprising. To view this information, follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook in a browser and sign into your account.
- Click the icon with two human silhouettes located at the top of your screen to open your Friends list.
- Scroll down until you find the person you’re looking for and click their name. Alternatively, type in their name into the search box.
- Click the three-dot icon next to Messages located to the right of the user’s profile picture.
- Click See Friendship.
- You’ll see the year you two became friends on Facebook on the left. You can also view how many mutual friends you have and where the person lives.
Alternatively, you can find out the exact date – rather than just the year – when you became friends with someone on Facebook. To do this, you’ll need to scroll through the Activity Log. Follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account and click your profile icon to open your timeline.
- Click Activity Log, located to the right of your profile picture.
- From the left sidebar, select More.
- Click Friends from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down through the list until you find the date you befriended the user you’re looking for. Optionally, select a specific year from the calendar on the right.
Good Old Days
Now that you’ve hopefully found your Facebook account creation date, you may have experienced a nostalgic feeling or found some nice old pictures. Sometimes, viewing your old posts may be awkward, but at the end of the day, where else could you access such a detailed story of your early days if not on Facebook?
How old is your Facebook account? Let’s see who has been on the platform the longest – share your account creation year in the comments section below.