How to Cancel an Order on the Wish App
Unless you’ve lived under a rock for the past few years, you’ve probably shopped through the Wish app. Since late 2015, this app has been the go-to platform for exceptional savings and inexpensive merchandise.
While some users still question its legitimacy and customer policy, the Wish app is among the most popular e-commerce platforms. You should know that the app is 100% legit and there shouldn’t be any problem if you need to cancel an order or get a refund.
This article walks you through the cancelation process, step-by-step, and provides information on how to get a refund or return an item.
Canceling an Order on Wish using iPhone/Android
The cancelation process on the iOS and Android Wish app is simple and straightforward. The interface is user-friendly and you can easily cancel an order any time you need. However, the cancelation request must occur within eight hours of placing the order or you risk the item(s) getting shipped. In the steps below, prompts are automated and based on status. For instance, you won’t get a refund option if the item is still in processing status. Here’s how to cancel a Wish order on IOS/iPhone and Android devices.
- Open the Wish app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap the “hamburger icon” (Menu) in the top-left corner.
- Select “Your Orders“ from the menu you just opened.
- From your “Order History” list, find and tap on the item you want to cancel.
- Select “Need help with this item?“
- Choose “Cancel this item.” The cancelation must take place within 8 hours of placing the order or you risk the item getting shipped.
- That’s it! The order gets canceled immediately after you tap on the “Cancel this item” option. Confirm that the order got canceled before exiting the “Order History” section.
Note: There are no fees for canceling any order and it immediately reverts when you tap on the “I want to cancel my order.”
Asking for a Wish Refund using an iPhone or Android Device
Since there is a difference between canceling a Wish order and getting a refund, the refund process becomes the next option. The initial steps are the same for refunds as they are for cancelations, then the automated service takes over and guides/instructs you. The questions available get based off of your accounts current status, such as new order, order that has shipped, order that is still not delivered, etc. Here’s how to do it.
- Launch the Wish app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “hamburger icon” (Menu icon) at the top-left section of your screen.
- Choose “Your Orders“ from the options that appear.
- Tap on the item in question. Wish manages issues based on item, not order.
- In the yellow box below the item, if one appears, select “Yes” or “No” as to whether you received the order/product(s) or not.
- Tap on “Need help with this item?,“
- Once again, choose “Yes” or “No” as to whether you received the order or not.
- Another message pops up informing you that you can get a refund. To confirm, tap on “I want a refund.”
- Next, choose your preferred refund method by selecting “Wish Cash” (store credit) or “Original Payment Method.”
- A confirmation message appears, confirming your refund request. Follow any additional instructions if applicable.
Note: Wish refunds delivered as Wish Cash are instant. Refunds to the original payment method take 5-10 business days to post.
Wish App Returns
Like all e-commerce platforms, the Wish app has a clearly defined return policy that applies to most products, excluding software and DVDs or hygiene products with a broken seal.
Compared to cancelations and refunds, the return process is more time-consuming and may result in an additional cost.
Like on many other e-commerce platforms, you have 30 days to return the item upon receiving it. If you get the wrong product or it arrives faulty, the merchant covers the cost of return shipping. In any other case, you’ll need to cover the shipping fee. Once again, everything is automated. Just follow the prompts and answer the questions.
- Launch Wish on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap on the “hamburger icon” (Menu) found at the top left section.
- Choose “Your Orders” from the menu options.
- In the “Order History” list, find and tap on the item you want to return, and select “Need help with this item?,” then choose the apropriate options. Wish handles product service by item, not by order.
- That’s it! Follow the shipping/returns instructions to complete the process on your end.
Note: Depending on item, you may have to pay shipping fees to return it. Wish’s automated virtual support lets you know how to handle the return.
Once the product gets back to Wish, the company will give you a full refund, which includes the initial shipment fees.
Note: International shipping applies to most Wish products, though some may come from US warehouses. This means it may take some time before Wish gets the item you returned. In general, it shouldn’t be longer than 3 weeks.
What’s Inside the Mystery Box?
The bottom line is that it’s quite easy to cancel your order from the Wish app. But remember, you need to do it within 8 hours after placing an order. Among other features, the app also allows you to change the mailing address and it provides a detailed shipment tracker.
Since some users report problems with the app, we would like to know about your experience. Tell us about the items you ordered, how fast they arrived, and if you ever tried to cancel a Wish order.