How to Clear Search History on the Wish App
The search history option within shopping apps can be quite useful. It makes it easier to find previously searched for items, even when you can’t quite remember exactly what they were.
On the other hand, it may stop being useful when you’ve already purchased an item, and now you’re looking for something completely different. Regardless, suggestions related to your previous query are all over your browsing page. Do you want to get rid of it? Here’s how.
Deleting Search History on Wish
Unfortunately, there’s no option you can click to erase the items you’ve searched for in the Wish app. Some social media apps allow you to go to your settings and simply tap Delete browse/search history. Sadly, there’s no such thing on Wish.
However, there are ways to remove unwanted items from your browsing page and start seeing what you’re really interested in. Before you do it, remember that the app uses the data collected from your searches to enhance your user experience and help you find the products you may like. This can be helpful, but if you still want to delete your search history, here’s what you can try.
Search for Other Items
Conventional ways such as deleting the app data or cache don’t work with the Wish app. This method may be more time-consuming, but it works. Many internet users have confirmed they’ve successfully cleared their search history of unwanted products. What do you need to do?
Well, when you click or tap on the search bar at the top of your computer or mobile device, you’ll see the list of recently searched items. The list can contain up to 15 items.
What you’re currently seeing on your browsing page is based on your previous searches. If you don’t like it, you can search for 15 new items that will one by one replace the products that are now on your Recent Searches list. When all the 15 items are replaced, your browse page suggestions will be based on these new products.
Remove Your Previous Orders from Order History
The Wish app allows you to delete your order history. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Open the Wish app on your mobile device.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the upper left corner to open the sidebar menu for Androids. If you have an iOS, find this icon in the lower right corner.
- Select Order History.
- You will see all your previous orders listed on this screen.
- Tap the trash bin icon to delete an order.
- Tap Yes to confirm.
If you want to do this from your desktop computer, follow these instructions:
- Open a browser and go to your Wish account.
- Select the three-line icon at the top to open the main menu.
- From this menu, select Order History.
- Select the trash bin icon and confirm you want to delete the order.
Remove Items from Wishlist
You can also remove items that you once added to your wishlist when you no longer want them, or you’ve already purchased them.
From a desktop computer, do the following:
- In a browser, open the Wish website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- Click on it, or hover over, and you’ll see the Wishlist option.
- Select the desired wishlist and choose Edit Wishlist.
- Select the items you’d like to remove by checking the boxes next to them.
- Select Remove and click on Yes to confirm.
- When finished, select Done.
The steps slightly differ depending on what mobile device you’re using. If you use an Android smartphone or tablet, follow these steps:
- Launch the Wish app on your phone.
- Enter the account menu by tapping the hamburger icon in the upper left corner.
- Select View Profile under your name at the top.
- Select the wishlist that contains the items you want to remove.
- Choose Edit and then Edit items.
- Select the products you want to remove.
- Select the Delete button you see at the bottom of the screen.
On iOS devices, you need to do this:
- Open the Wish app on your device and tap the hamburger icon to see the main menu.
- Tap on View Profile below your name.
- From the wishlists, choose the one that has the products you want to remove.
- Select Edit and then Edit items.
- Select all the items you want to delete from the list.
- Tap on Delete at the bottom to finish.
Note that an item will still show in your Recently Viewed list even after you remove it from your wishlist. You can remove items from your shopping cart before you place an order as well. However, you can’t remove products from the Recently Viewed screen.
Customize Your Browsing Page
Although you can delete items from wishlists or cart, the Wish app doesn’t enable users to erase search history or clear the list of products they’ve recently viewed. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t work your way around this and customize your browsing page. After you apply the method we’ve described, you’ll be seeing different suggestions, and you may find new items you’d like to buy.
Is your browsing page full of the same old products based on your search history? Did our suggestions work? Let us know in the comments section below.