How to Change Payment Method on YouTube TV
Thanks to YouTube TV’s offer of more than 70 live major network channels, it’s quickly become a popular tool for many cord-cutters. Of course, this doesn’t come for free, so it’s important to set your billing details properly in order to use the service.
If you’re not sure how to change these settings, don’t worry. YouTube made it quite easy to do on your own, regardless of how you access it.
Changing the Payment Method
To keep the YouTube TV subscription while using a new payment method, you can set this up either from your TV or a mobile device. Depending on the device you’re using, simply follow the steps described in one of the next three sections.
Using a Computer
Whether you’re using a desktop or a laptop with Windows, Mac OS X, or even Linux operating system, the process is basically the same.
- Open YouTube in a web browser.
- Make sure you’re logged in with your Google account you want to use for billing.
- Click your profile image in the top-right corner.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click “Billing and payments”.
- Next to “Payment Method” you’ll see the “Update” button. Click it.
- Here you’ll be able to check your current payment method and change it, as well as add another one. This option also allows you to check your billing history. If you want to see the details for any of the charges, just click the “View” button.
Using an Android Device
For any smartphone or tablet running Android, the process is pretty similar to the one outlined above.
- Open the YouTube app on your Android mobile device.
- Before you proceed, just check if you’re currently logged in with the YouTube account you’ll use for billing.
- Tap your profile image.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Payment Method”.
- Now you’ll see the menu that allows you to review your current payment method, change it, or add a new one. Enter your new billing details and you’re all set. Here you can also check the history of the YouTube TV payments you’ve made automatically. Select each one to see more details.
Using an iOS Mobile Device
If you’re accessing YouTube TV from an iPhone or iPad YouTube app, you won’t be able to change your payment details this way. As of March 13th 2020, Google no longer supports any in-app purchases from Apple mobile devices. This includes purchasing the YouTube TV membership as well.
To change your payment method, it’s best to access your YouTube account from the browser on your computer. If you’re having troubles with this, you might consider contacting the YouTube TV support.
Although you can’t change your payment details using the iOS YouTube app, you can still use the app to watch all the live content. If you don’t want to renew your YouTube TV subscription, then simply let your billing cycle to expire. This will automatically cancel your membership.
Purchasing Add-On Networks
For the regular monthly price of YouTube TV, you gain access to the programming of many major networks. Still, there are some premium networks that will incur some additional monthly charges. Networks available this way include STARZ, FOX Soccer Plus, SHOWTIME, and others.
To add a new network, follow these few steps.
- Go to YouTube TV using a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Click your profile image in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click “Settings”.
- Click “Membership”.
- Here you’ll see the list of all add-on networks available for purchase, along with their pricing.
- Simply click the checkmark next to each network you want to add.
- Once you finish choosing the add-on networks, click the “Agree” button to confirm the changes, and you’re done.
Please note that you won’t be able to add these networks using the YouTube app on iOS devices. In that case, use the web browser to access YouTube, as explained above.
Billing for the added networks is prorated, meaning it will calculate the days from the day of the purchase until the start of the next billing cycle. This way, YouTube TV won’t bill you the entire monthly amount if you’ve purchased the add-on network a few days prior to the next billing cycle.
If you want to remove one or more add-on networks, simply deselect them from the “Membership” list and click “Agree” to confirm.
Payment Method Sorted Out
Hopefully, you’ve managed to change your payment details for YouTube TV. With that done, you can rest assured the billing cycles will continue to charge you automatically for the service. Now, all you have to do is sit back and enjoy all the live TV you want.
Have you managed to change your payment method? What are your experiences with YouTube TV? If you have any additional thoughts on this topic, please share them in the comments section below.