YouTube TV – How to Add Premium Channels
YouTube TV is a relatively new service that’s been growing in popularity lately – it has topped 20 millionsubscribers back in February. Cord-cutters from all around the world are joining in on the service’s $64.99 per month subscription. The service itself brings awhole lot of TV channels (70+) to the table. However, there’s always an option to pay up and add more channels.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to add channels to your YouTube TV, as well as give you some useful tips regarding this service.
How to Add Channels
Although YouTube TV is available across a wide variety of devices, to add channels to the service, youneed access to their website.
Go to https://tv.youtube.com/.
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, you’ll find your avatar. Click on it.
- The avatar may slide to the top of the page. Click it again, if necessary.
- In the drop-down menu that pops up, select Settings.
- Once you’re in the Settings screen, navigate to Membership, located on the left side of the page.
- Now, you’ll see a list of available channels.
- Find the channels that you wish to add.
- Click the checkboxes next to any channels you want to select.
- As you select the channels, you’ll see your subscription update number, which represents your monthly total when you add your chosen channels.
- Once you’re done, click on confirm. When the pop-up screen shows, confirm the changes.
You can also remove channels in the same manner. Just uncheck the boxes next to channels that you want toremove.
Once your subscription has been updated, you’ll be able to access your added channels from any device, providedyou are logged into the appropriate account.
How to Add YouTube TV on the Firestick
Firestick is among the most popular streaming boxes on the market. Naturally, it’s YouTube TV-compatible. To use YouTube TV on your Firestick and get access to all the channels on your account first, you need to install the app.
- On your Firestick home screen, navigate to the search icon, represented by a magnifying glass.
- Type in “youtube tv,” and click on the matching search result.
- Once the YouTube TV app appears on the screen, select it.
- Go to Download, and the app will download and install.
- Once the app is installed, click on the back button on your remote to reach the home screen.
- Select the app to launch it.
- Sign in to your YouTube TV account.
- Enjoy all the new channels that you’ve now subscribed to.
Additionally, you can move the YouTube TV app to a more convenient place for you.
- On the home screen, hover over YouTube TV and push and hold the options button on your remote.
- Select Move.
- Move the app to the front of the Your Apps & Channelsscreen if you want easy access to it.
How to Add YouTube TV to a Roku Device
Roku devices are also immensely popular today. Here’s how you can install YouTube TV on it to access all theavailable channels:
- Push the Home button on the Roku remote.
- On the list on the left part of the screen, select Streaming Channels.
- Go to Search Channels.
- Type in “youtube tv.”
- When the YouTube TV app appears in the search results, go to Add Channel.
- Select OK once the app is finished installing.
- Press Home on the remote.
- Find and open YouTube TV.
- Sign in.
Here’s a list of all Roku devices that are compatible with YouTube TV.
- All Roku TVs
- Roku Streaming Stick+ and Stick
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Express/Express+
- Roku Premiere/Premiere+
- Roku 2
- Roku 3
- Roku 4
How to Add YouTube TV to an Apple TV
Naturally, Apple has made quite the stride to remain on par with the competition when it comes to streaming. AppleTV is also compatible with YouTube TV. Here’s how to do it on Apple TV devices:
- Go to the App Store app on your Apple TV.
- Next, go to youtubetv.com/start on your desktop or mobile/tablet browser.
- Type in the code that’s displayed on your TV.
- Select Next in the browser.
- Sign in to your account using the browser.
- This will automatically prompt Apple TV to start the app.
- Enjoy the new content that you’ve subscribed to.
How to Add YouTube TV to iOS Devices
YouTube TV is also available on iOS devices. Here’s how to make it work:
- Open the App Store app on your Apple phone or tablet.
- Tap the Search button in the lower-right screen corner.
- Type in “youtube tv” and hit Search.
- Once the app entry is displayed, select Get.
- The app will download and install.
- Once it’s installed, open it from your home screen or from the App Store.
- Sign in using your YouTube TV credentials.
- You’ll be prompted to verify your location. Follow the instructions.
How to Add YouTube TV to Android Devices
The same method pretty much applies to Android devices as they do to iOS.
- Open the Play Store.
- Search for “youtube tv.”
- Select the YouTube TV entry and tap Install.
- Start the app from the home screen.
- Sign in to your account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Is It Worth the Money?
As mentioned earlier, YouTube TV is very expensive, a whopping $64.99 per month. If you add more channels tothe equation, it will really set you back even further. But is it worth the price tag?
Well, YouTube TV is the most user-friendly cord-cutter TV streaming app on the market. It’s very easy toinstall, activate, and use. Plus, you get a top-notch selection of channels, which is a huge plus.
However, money is still money, and if you aren’t really happy paying up this steep price, there are other, more convenient, alternatives available, like Hulu with Live TV and AT&T TV Now. However, YouTube TV offers more channels and ease of use.
So is it worth the money? Yes, YouTube TV might be very expensive, but if you have the money to spare, it’s one of the best live TV cord-cutting options around.
1. Does YouTube TV add-on channels run commercials?
We live in an age of online streaming. We’re used to not seeing ads once we pay for a service. Although YouTube TV uses the internet to work, it’s not an online streaming service. YouTube TV is still like normal TV, so the channels that you watch will display the same content that you see on regular cable. So, yes, as with every cord-cutting TV service, you’re going to see ads. If you record a show using your DVR, however, you’ll be able to fast-forward through the ads.
2. Do all YouTube TV add-on channels cost extra money?
With the $64.99 subscription itself, you get more than 70 channels. As channels are added to the list, you won’t need to select them and add them. However, there are some extra channels available that you can add using your desktop browser. These channels all cost some extra money, which is added to your subscription fees. So, yes, all YouTube TV add-on channels will cost you extra.
3. What add-on channels are available for YouTube TV?
The paid add-on and premium add-on channels all cost extra money. Here’s a list of the individual ones, as well as the price involved:u003cbru003e • Acorn – $6u003cbru003e • AMC Premiere – $5u003cbru003e • Cinemax – $10u003cbru003e • CuriosityStream – $3u003cbru003e • EPIX – $6u003cbru003e • HBO – $15u003cbru003e • HBO Max – $15u003cbru003e • Showtime – $11u003cbru003e • Shudder – $6u003cbru003e • STARZ – $9u003cbru003e • Sundance Now – $7u003cbru003e • Urban Movie Channel – $5u003cbru003eThere’s a recently-introduced package that brings more channels to the table. It’s called Sports Plus, and it is a premium add-on. For an additional $10.99 per month, you get the following channels:u003cbru003e • NFL RedZoneu003cbru003e • Fox College Sportsu003cbru003e • GOLTVu003cbru003e • Fox Soccer Plusu003cbru003e • MAVTV Motorsports Networku003cbru003e • TVGu003cbru003e • Stadium
4. How many channels can you add to YouTube TV?
As you probably presumed, the number of channels that you can add on is unlimited. Of course, the price tag of adding all available channels is going to be somewhat steep – $109.99. Combined with the regular subscription, this totals more than $170 per month.
5. Can you have multiple accounts on YouTube TV?
Yes, you can. You can add channels to your subscription. Just create a family group and invite other members, to a maximum of five accounts in addition to your own.
YouTube TV Additional Channels
We hope that you’ve successfully added all the YouTube TV channels that you want We also hope thatyou didn’t go over your intended budget, as YouTube TV isn’t cheap.
Did you encounter any problems? Have you run into any issues? Let us know in the comments below, and don’t hesitateto ask any questions you may have.