How To Create a Group Calendar in Zoho
Managing your team’s schedule has never been more important in a rapidly changing world of business and digitalization. Zoho Calendar is the perfect tool for making group calendars and arranging events. Zoho lets its users assign appointments and share the group calendar with others from one central hub.
This article will explain how to create a group calendar in Zoho and explore other features at your disposal.
Creating a Zoho Group Calendar
Setting up a group calendar in Zoho takes a couple of steps which may appear slightly intimidating. However, the steps serve to create a calendar that can cater to any team, regardless of its structure or the work’s nature. Here’s what you need to do:
- Log in to your Zoho account. Zoho offers login via email, various social media platforms, or with a QR code and a mobile app.
- Go to “Settings,” then “Groups,” and “Personal Groups” to make a group. The group will then appear here.
- Log in to Zoho Calendar.
- Click the + sign next to “Group Calendars.”
- Enter a name you’d like the group calendar to have.
- Choose a nice, fitting color for the calendar and the text from the palette. You can also pick a custom color with the color picker slide if the default ones don’t take your fancy.
- Enter their names or email addresses to add members to the group calendar.
- You can also add a brief description to the calendar by modifying the “Description” field to better explain the calendar’s purpose.
- Click “Save” to create the group calendar.
Each member will need to subscribe to the group calendar individually. You can’t auto-subscribe your team members without them taking action right now.
Editing a Group Calendar
With the group calendar set up and ready, let’s explore some of the features and functionalities of the Zoho Calendar. Edit a group calendar to fit the team’s goals more precisely when the need appears, especially if the team members leave feedback on the calendar.
You can change nearly anything about a group calendar with the “Edit” option. This setting lets you modify your group name, add a description, or add or remove group members.
- Log in to Zoho Calendar.
- Right-click the group calendar that you want to modify or click “More Options” by hovering over the group calendar from the left-side pane.
- Select “Edit.”
- Open the “Edit Calendar” window and change your group calendar as needed, such as changing its name, reminders, and description.
- To edit the color of the calendar or text, click the color next to the calendar’s title to open the color palette.
- Select the color. You can select a custom calendar or text color with the color picker.
- Click “Save,” and you’ll be done.
All the changes you make to the calendar will be auto-saved right away.
Adding Members to Group Calendar
As the owner or moderator of a group calendar, you can add members to the group calendar. Here’s how:
- Right-click or hover over the group calendar to which you want to add new members from the left pane.
- Select “Manage Group.”
- Alternatively, go to “Settings,” “Calendar,” “Calendars,” “Group Calendars,” and then click “Manage” next to the group calendar.
- Find the “Members” option and enter the name or email address of the member that should join the group.
- Click on the + next to the member in the list to add them to the calendar.
Sharing a Group Calendar
You can also share the group calendar with others if you’re the group owner or moderator. It would be best if you made the calendar public before sharing it so that others can view the calendar details.
- Right-click the group calendar you want to edit or click “More Options” by hovering over the group calendar and clicking “Edit” from the left pane.
- Select “Share calendar with any people” click on the drop dwon.
- Select if you want to show only free or busy information or let users view the group calendar’s event details.
You can share the group calendar URL if you click the “Copy URL” button and paste it wherever you like.
Subscribing to a Group Calendar
If you’re a member of a group calendar, you’ll need to subscribe to it first, otherwise you won’t be able to view or interact with it.
- Log in to Zoho Calendar.
- Go to “Settings,” “Calendar,” and click “Subscribe.”
- From there, navigate to “Groups.”
- Find a group calendar you want to subscribe to and click on it. The calendar will be displayed in the default category.
- Click “Subscribe,” and you’ll be able to view and interact with the calendar.
Along with subscribing to a group calendar, you can view calendars shared with and subscribed by the group. Find them under the “Shared with Group” and “Subscribed by Group” sections respectively. You can then subscribe to these calendars as well.
Managing Group Calendar Events
Creating, editing, and deleting events in a group calendar is fairly similar to managing events in a personal calendar. However, remember that event visibility and edit permissions depend on your role (owner, moderator, or member).
- Select the group calendar from the “Calendar” dropdown in the “New Event” window.
- Click a date or time slot on the calendar view to create an event. Fill in details for this event (name, date, time, and location).
- You can also set reminders, invite attendees, and add attachments.
- Click “Save”.
Group Calendar Permissions
Group calendar permissions let you control who can view, create, edit, or delete events in the calendar. As the calendar owner or moderator, you can set up access permissions for group members. Managing permissions also lets you add moderators to monitor and modify the calendar when you are away or busy.
- Click on “settings icon.”
- Go to the “Sharing and Permissions” tab.
- Choose the access level you want to grant to the group members from one of these available options (View only, View and Create, or View, Create, and Edit/Delete).
Each option provides varying access levels to the group members and moderators:
- View only – Group members can see events and details without adding or modifying them. This is ideal if you only need to share information.
- View and Create – Members can view existing events and create new ones but can’t modify or delete them.
- View, Create, and Edit/Delete – This option grants full access. Group members with this permission can view, create, modify, and delete events.
Team Collaboration the Easy Way
Zoho’s Group Calendars are a powerful tool for fostering superb collaboration in any team. Creating and managing group calendars will make certain that everyone on your team is clued up to forthcoming critical events, deadlines, and meetings. Furthermore, Zoho Calendar’s flexible event creation, sharing, and permission settings take the hassle out of scheduling and free up time for more important work. Watch team productivity soar with Zoho’s group calendars.
Have you ever created a group calendar in Zoho? Do you find the feature useful? Let us know in the comments section below.