How to Add Events to a Shared Calendar in Google Calendar
Using a Google shared Calendar is a great way to quickly inform others of an important business meeting or family event. No matter what the occasion is, you can easily add it to a shared calendar to ensure that everyone has the necessary information to attend.
If you’re unsure how to add an event, you’ve come to the right place. And if you can’t add an event for some reason, we’ll cover that too.
How to Add Events to a Shared Calendar
Adding a new event to a shared Google Calendar is straightforward. All you need to do is log in to your Google account and navigate to your Google Calendar. Simply tap the Create button and input all of the necessary details, and don’t forget to hit the save button once completed. Here’s how to do it using a desktop computer.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Click on the “Google Apps” icon on the top of the screen and select the “Calendar” icon. You can also navigate to Google Calendar.
- Located towards the top-left of the calendar, tap on the “Create” button.
- A pop-up window will open. In the window that says “Untitled Event,” type in a name for the event.
- Enter the date and time in the appropriate sections.
- You can add an address where the event will take place or select “Video Call.”
- There’s an option to add guests if they aren’t sharing the calendar with you.
- You can select the event’s color, which will highlight the date on the calendar.
- Locate the word “Privacy,” and ensure that “Public” is selected.
- Once you’ve added all of the pertinent information, press the “Save” button.
If you’d like to add an event to a shared calendar using an iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Using your iPhone, launch the Google Calendar app.
- Tap “Create” and then select “Event.”
- Enter all of the appropriate information into the boxes. The most important information is the event’s name, date, and time.
- Next to the word “Privacy,” ensure that “Public” is selected.
- Once you’ve added all of the information you’d like, hit the “Save” button.
Why Can’t I Add Event to Shared Calendar?
Some users have reported issues trying to add a new event to a shared Google Calendar. This can be frustrating, especially if time is of the essence. If this happens to you, don’t worry, as you’re not the only one who’s experienced this issue. Here we’ll discuss the most common reason for not being able to add an event and what to do to solve the issue.
You Don’t Have the Proper Editing Permissions
The most common culprit for not being able to add an event to a shared calendar is not having the proper editing permissions. Just because you have access to it doesn’t always mean that you have full editing permissions. If someone else created it and added you to the shared list, they most likely didn’t give you editing permissions. You have two options. The easiest is to ask the calendar’s creator for editing permissions. The other option is to create a new calendar yourself and invite all of the people involved. Please note that you can only create a new calendar by using a browser, and not from the Google Calendar app. To create a new shared Google calendar, follow the instructions below.
- Using your computer, navigate to Google Calendar.
- If prompted, log in with your credentials.
- Using the left side pane, locate and click on “Add Other Calendars” and then “Create New Calendar.”
- Add a name and description for the calendar. Hit “Create Calendar” when completed.
- Tap the “Back Arrow” to return to your main calendar page.
- Toward the bottom of the left-side pane, locate your new calendar.
- Click on the Calendar’s name and select “Share with specific people.” Here you can invite those who also shared the calendar where you were unable to add an event.
Once you’ve created a new calendar and invited the appropriate people to share it with, you can then add your event.
Adding Events to a Google Shared Calendar Solved
You can easily add an event to a Google Calendar that’s been shared with you. You can add the appropriate details about the event, and all who share this calendar will be notified and can see all of the event’s information. If you have issues with adding an event, you most likely don’t have permission to edit. You can either ask the creator of the calendar to give you permission, or you can simply create a new calendar.
Have you recently added an event to a shared Google Calendar? Did you use the methods described in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.