How To Clear & Delete All Events from Google Calendar
Google Calendar is another helpful Google tool that allows users to organize, collaborate, and schedule upcoming events. The company makes it really simple to add and edit events. But, your calendar can become cluttered if you don’t take time to clear events occasionally.
Unfortunately, Google doesn’t have a “clear all” button for events. But, you can still clear all events using a few workarounds. This article will teach you how to clean up your Google calendars using the most efficient methods available today.
How to Delete All Events on Google Calendar
Sure, you can delete and remove everything on your Google Calendar one by one. But that may take a long time. If you want to remove all events at one time, you will need to delete the calendar and re-add it back.
If you have multiple calendars, you will need to perform these steps for each one. Here is how to clear and delete all events from your Google Calendar:
- Open your Google Calendar and log into your account.
- You will see a list of your calendars in the lower left-hand corner. Hover your cursor over the calendar you’d like to refresh and click on the three-dot menu that appears.
- Click on Settings & sharing.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Delete.
- Click Permanently Delete in the pop-up window that appears.
This will delete all the events on the calendar so you can start out fresh. Now, you can go back to the Calendar page and begin adding new events to a blank calendar.
How to Delete Recurring Events in Google Calendar
Perhaps you have a set of recurring events in your calendar that you’d like to remove. Fortunately, you can easily remove those events leaving others intact. Here’s how:
- Open your Google Calendar and click on the recurring event.
- Click on the trash can icon in the pop-up window.
- Click the bubble next to All Events. Then, click Ok.
The recurring events will all disappear. If you want to keep a record of the events highlight the bubble next to This and following events instead.
Create new events in Google Calendar
Once all the events are deleted, you can now create new events on the calendar or import them again from Outlook or another calendar app. You can also create a brand new calendar if you prefer.
To create a new calendar, follow these instructions:
- Log into Google Calendar.
- Select the gear icon in the top right.
- Select Settings from the pull-down menu.
- Click Add calendar from the left menu, which will expand to show more options.
- Click on Create New Calendar.
- Type in a Name and Description for your new calendar.
- Then click Create Calendar.
You now have a fresh calendar into which you can import a calendar from Outlook or other applications.
Import Events from Outlook to Google Calendar
If you’re switching from Outlook to Google Calendar, you can quickly import one to the other. It can create double entries, but now you know how to clear your calendar, you can retry import until it works.
- Open Outlook and select the Calendar.
- Select Save Calendar from the right and save it as an iCalendar file.
- Select Date Range and set a range of select Whole Calendar.
- Select OK and Save.
- Open Google Calendar and select Settings.
- Select Import & Export in the left menu pane.
- Select File from your computer and import the iCalendar file you just created.
- Select Import and wait for it to complete.
Depending on the size of your Outlook calendar, this could take a few seconds or a minute or two. If you’re lucky, there will be no duplicate entry issue, but this process is prone to it.
Create a Calendar Event from Google Search
A neat Google Calendar trick that can save you time is the ability to create a calendar event from within Google Search.
If you use Google as your default search engine, you can type in an event and create it directly from the search without going directly into your Calendar, though you do have to be logged into your Google account. Follow these instructions to add calendar events from Google Search:
- Type in an event in the Google Search bar. For example, you could enter ‘appointment with the vet at 3:30 pm’.
- Hit search, and Google will give you the option to Create Event.
- Click Create Event to create the event on your calendar.
- You can then edit the event if needed.
So that’s how to clear all events from Google Calendar. We also covered creating a new calendar, creating events from Google Search, importing from Outlook, and adding calendars of interest.
Do you have any Google Calendar tricks and tips to share? If so, please tell us about them below in the comments!