How to Add Lyrics to Instagram Stories
Most people are aware that you can add songs to your Instagram Story, but many don’t know you can add lyrics as well. This fun feature lets your followers see what song you picked and sing along, even with the sound turned off. What’s more, it’s a straightforward process that only takes a few minutes.
In this article, we’ll show you how to add lyrics to your Instagram Stories on different mobile devices. Plus, you’ll learn how to hide or remove lyrics from your Instagram Story as well.
How to Add Lyrics to Instagram Stories From an iPhone
Since Instagram rolled out the ability to add music to Stories, many people have been wondering if they can add lyrics too. As long as the song you choose has lyrics, it’s possible. One exciting aspect of the music feature is that you can select the exact moment of the song that will play during your Story. Considering that one Instagram Story can last up to 15 seconds, that’s how much time you have for the lyrics as well.
To add lyrics to an Instagram Story on an iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open Instagram on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Your Story” bubble in the top-left corner.
- Upload a video or a photo, or take one right now.
- Go to the sticker icon on the top menu.
- Select the “Music” icon from the list of options.
- Search for the song you want to use. 15 seconds (usually the chorus) will be chosen by default.
- Move the slider to adjust which part of the song will play.
- Tap on the “Aa” icon above the slider.
- Select “Done” in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Post your Story.
When you add a song to your Instagram Story, there are a few ways you can display the song (lyrics are one of them). Once you have picked a song, you can switch between lyrics, the cover photo of the album/song, or simply the song’s name, just by tapping on it.
When it comes to the lyrics, you can choose between four different fonts. Another option you have is to change the text’s color, size, and position on your Story. After you’ve edited your lyrics, you can finally post your Story.
You can only post up to 15 seconds of a song in your Story. If you wanted to post the entire song, that might require a lot of Stories. You would also have to find the exact moment the song ended in the previous Story, so you’d know where it begins on the next one.
Lyrics can be added to both videos and photos on your Instagram Story. If you add lyrics to a photo, it will last 15 seconds. However, if you upload a video of 10 seconds, that’s how much time you will have for the lyrics. As mentioned before, if you choose a song with no lyrics, then you can only display the song’s name or cover.
How to Add Lyrics to Instagram Stories From an Android Device
The process of adding lyrics to your Instagram Story on your Android is similar. It will only take a few moments of your time. This is what you need to do:
- Open Instagram on your Android device.
- Swipe left on the screen or go to the “Your Story” bubble in the top-left corner.
- Take a photo, record a video, or upload it from your gallery.
- Tap the sticker icon on the top toolbar.
- Select “Music” from the menu.
- Search for the song you want to use for your Instagram Story.
- Tap and drag the slider to adjust the part of the song you will use.
- Go to the “Aa” icon above the slider.
- Edit your lyrics any way you want to.
- Choose “Done” in the upper-right corner.
- Post your Story.
That’s all there is to it. Now when one of your followers plays your Story, they will see the lyrics for the song you have chosen. If you change your mind, you can just tap on the lyrics, and the song’s title or album cover will be displayed instead. However, you won’t be able to remove them after you’ve posted your Story. The only thing you can do is delete your Story and start all over again.
You don’t even have to post your Story right away. You can save it to your phone and post it whenever you want. When you decide to upload the Story, the lyrics will already be there. You won’t have to go through the entire process twice.
If you want the song to play during your Instagram Story, but you don’t want anyone to see the lyrics or other song labels, you can “hide” them in your Story. Here’s how:
- Follow steps 1-7.
- Instead of lyrics, choose the name of the song to be displayed.
- Using your fingers, minimize the bar as much as possible.
- Simply move it to the edge of the screen until you can’t see it anymore.
Another thing you can do is minimize the photo or video by pinching it with your fingers. After you do this, place the lyrics behind the photo or video, and then enlarge the photo or video again. While these two methods will remove the lyrics from your Story, your followers will still be able to see what song it is since it will be written under your name in the upper-left corner of your screen. Therefore, there is no way to post a song on your Story and hide the title completely.
Add Lyrics to Your Favorite Songs on Your Instagram Story
Instagram allows you to add any song you want to your Instagram Story. Along with the music, you can also add the lyrics. It’s an excellent way to make your Story more exciting and lets your followers know what you’re listening to.
Have you ever added lyrics to your Instagram Story before? What song were the lyrics for? Let us know in the comments section below.