How to View Lyrics in Apple Music
Apple Music is a popular streaming service available for a wide range of devices. It’s often praised for its user-friendly interface and playback settings.
One of the more advanced features of the service lets you read the song lyrics in time with the music. You can sing along to your favorite song just by following a few simple steps. In this article, we’ll show you how to view lyrics in Apple Music on different devices.
How to View Lyrics in the Apple Music iPhone App?
Here’s a list of prerequisites for the lyrics feature:
- A stable internet connection.
- System updates. You need to download the latest version of macOS, iOS, or tvOS.
- App update. Install the latest framework for either Apple Music or iTunes for Windows.
- A subscription to Apple Music.
Here’s how to subscribe to Apple Music:
- Go to the official Apple Music website (music.apple.com) or click on the app icon on your device.
- Open the “For You” or “Listen Now” tab.
- Select the trial offer from the options menu.
- Choose a subscription plan best suited for you. For example, if you want to share your account, opt for the family subscription.
- Use your Apple ID to sign in and make the purchase.
- Apple Music will then ask you to choose a payment method.
- Confirm the information and click “Join” to complete the process.
You can listen to Apple Music on all devices, including your smartphone. Here’s how to view lyrics in the Apple Music iPhone app:
- Tap on the Apple Music icon to launch the app.
- Go to your Apple Music catalog and select a song from the list.
- The lyrics should automatically appear when you click on the song.
- If the lyrics aren’t enabled, tap on the “Lyrics” icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- The text will then appear on your screen in time with the song.
- You can scroll through the lyrics to find a particular verse.
- If you want to read the full lyrics, tap on the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner. Select “View Full Lyrics” from the options menu.
- If you want to disable “Lyrics,” tap on the word cloud icon in the bottom-left corner.
How to View Lyrics in the Apple Music iPad App?
Smartphones are not the only iOS devices that support Apple Music. You can also download the streaming service on your iPad. Just make sure you have the latest version of the software.
The interface requires the same steps. Here’s how to view lyrics in the Apple Music iPad app:
- Tap on the app icon to open Apple Music.
- Choose a song from your catalog and play it.
- Tap on the “Now Playing” section at the bottom of the screen.
- If the lyrics don’t show up automatically, you have to enable them manually. Tap on the small word cloud icon in the bottom-right corner.
- The verses should appear in sync with the music.
- To read the complete lyrics, click on the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner of your screen.
- To skip to a particular part, scroll through the lyrics and select a verse.
- If you want to turn the lyrics off, go back to the “Lyrics” icon in the bottom-right corner. Tap to disable the lyrics view.
How to View Lyrics in the Apple Music Apple TV App?
You can use your Apple TV remote to manage the app settings on the media player. Here’s how to view lyrics in the Apple Music Apple TV app:
- Select the Apple Music app from your home screen.
- Use your remote to navigate the song catalog. Choose a title and press “Play.”
- If the lyrics for the particular song are available, they’ll appear on the screen.
- Use the touchpad on your Apple TV Remote to search for a particular verse.
- Press the “Menu” button on your remote to view the full lyrics. Click on the three little dots at the top of the screen to open the options menu. Select “View Full Lyrics.”
- To disable the lyrics, hold the “Menu” button on your remote. The “Lyrics” icon will appear in the top-right corner of the screen. Click on it to turn the lyrics off.
- If you want to turn them back on, simply press “Menu” again. The “Lyrics” icon will appear in the top-right corner of the screen. Click on it and wait for the lyrics to show.
How to View Lyrics in the Apple Music Mac App?
A desktop version of the app is also available for download. It has all the same features, including lyrics playback. Here’s how to view lyrics in the Apple Music Mac app:
- Open the Apple Music desktop app.
- Navigate to the Apple Music catalog on the left-hand side. Select a playlist from your library and scroll through it. You can also type the song title in the search bar at the top of the panel.
- Play the song and click on the “Lyrics” icon in the top-right corner. The lyrics will show up on the screen in time with the music.
- Use your computer mouse to scroll through the lyrics. You can also jump to different parts of the song.
- To view the complete lyrics, click on the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner. Select “Get Info” from the options menu and then click on the “Lyrics” tab.
- If you want to view the lyrics in full-screen mode, navigate to the menu bar. Select “Window” and then “Full-Screen Player” from the list of options.
- To turn the feature off, move your cursor back to the “Lyrics” icon and click on it.
I Can’t See the Lyrics in Apple Music, Why Aren’t They Working?
There are several possible reasons why the lyrics in Apple Music aren’t working. For example, you might have accidentally activated the content restriction setting on the app. If that’s the case, you won’t be able to view song lyrics with explicit content. Here’s how to disable restrictions on your device:
1. Open your device “Settings.”
2. Select “Screen Time” from the options menu.
3. Open the “Content and Privacy Restrictions” tab and select “Content Restrictions.”
4. You might be asked to enter your “Screen Time” code for verification.
5. Click on the toggle to disable the setting.
After you’re done, re-open the Apple Music app. The text should now appear on the screen in keeping with the music.
Bear in mind that not all songs have lyrics added to them. It depends on the country and region, so it’s best to check what’s available for your particular location.
If the “Lyrics” button suddenly turns grey, it might be time for a system update. Installing the latest frameworks will fix most glitches and bugs. It takes a few steps, and you can do it wirelessly. Here’s how to update your iOS device:
1. Open the device “Settings” app.
2. Go to “General” and select “Software Update” from the options menu.
3. Tap “Download and Install” and then “Install” to initiate the update.
4. If you don’t want to do it right away, you can postpone. Tap “Later” and then choose either “Install Tonight” or “Remind Me Later.”
5. Sometimes iOS will ask you to remove particular apps from your device until the software update is complete. The apps will be re-installed afterward. If asked, just tap “Continue.”
You can also try restarting your phone. A hard reset might solve the problem without deleting any files from your device. Here’s how to do it:
1. Place your fingers on the volume down button and the on/off switches.
2. Hold them down simultaneously until the Apple logo pops up.
3. For iPhones with Face ID, press the volume up button and release when the logo appears.
Finally, sometimes the lyrics blend in the white background. You can check if that’s the case by enabling Dark Mode. Here’s how:
1. Open the “Control Panel” by swiping down on your screen.
2. Hold down the “Brightness” toggle.
3. A small pop-up window will appear. Select “Dark Mode” from the list of options.
How Do I Make Sure That the Lyrics Are Synced Properly?
If you want to make sure the lyrics are correctly synced, try using Musicxmatch. Apple partnered with the Italian-based music data company to further improve the Apple Music player.
First, you need to connect your account with Musicxmatch. It takes a few simple steps:
1. Download Musicxmatch from the App Store. Set up an account.
2. Once you’re done, launch the app.
3. Open “Settings.” Find Apple Music in the “Streaming Services” section. Tap the “Connect” button next to the app.
4. A small pop-up window will appear. Tap on “Grant Access” to make Apple Music the default player.
When you’re done, you can use Musicxmatch to add and synchronize song lyrics. Here’s how:
1. Launch Musicxmatch by clicking on the app icon.
2. Play the song on the Apple Music player.
3. Click on the “Edit Sync” button in the bottom-right corner.
4. A small pop-up window will appear. Click to “Get Started.”
5. Click on the three horizontal dots in the top-right corner. Select “Resync All Lines” from the drop-down menu.
6. Confirm by clicking on “Yes, resync” in the pop-up box.
7. Replay the song. Click the “Sync” button on the left-hand side to sync each verse with the music.
8. You can adjust the timing by clicking on the “+” and “– “buttons.
How Do I Add Custom Lyrics in Apple Music?
As mentioned, some lyrics are unavailable for particular songs in different countries and regions. However, you can bypass that inconvenience by adding custom lyrics to Apple Music. Here’s how to do it:
1. Launch the Apple Music app.
2. Browse the music catalog and select the song to which you want to add lyrics.
3. Right-click on the song to open the options menu.
4. Select “Get Info” to open a new window.
5. Open the “Lyrics” tab and click on “Custom Lyrics.”
6. Type the lyrics in the white box. Make sure to format the text by adding line breaks between each verse.
7. Click “Done” to complete the process.
Verse Yourself in Apple Music
With Apple Music, you can get ready for that karaoke party at the press of a button. Every version of the app has the “Lyrics” feature integrated into its interface.
Unfortunately, some lyrics may be unavailable, depending on your geographical location. However, you can fix that by adding the lyrics to the song yourself. For more fine-tuning, you can download the Musicxmatch app and connect it to your Apple Music account.
What’s your experience with Apple Music? Do you always pay attention to song lyrics? Share some of your favorite verses in the comments below.