How To Add Moving Stickers to an Instagram Story
Instagram Stories are nothing but fun. If you have ever posted a Story or seen one, you know what we are talking about. But as you scroll through the Stories on your Instagram Feed, you may notice people posting funny moving stickers and wonder, “How can I do the same?”
If this resonates with you, you have landed on the right page. This article shares step-by-step instructions on how to add moving stickers to your Instagram Story and make your post just as eye-catching.
How to Add Moving Stickers on an iPhone
If you’re an iPhone Instagram user, you can add moving stickers to make your Stories more animated with a few simple taps of your finger. The process is super simple, and once you get a grasp of it, it’s crazy fun to use.
So let’s dive right in with the steps.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Swipe from left to right on your feed to create a new Story.
- If you haven’t already, grant Instagram access to your camera.
- Take a picture or video you wish to use as a Story. Alternately, you can tap on the gallery icon in the bottom left-hand to use a pre-existing file from your Camera Roll.
- Tap on the image you wish to use.
- Tap on the sticker icon in the upper right-hand of the screen.
- Look for default stickers or search for your own by using the search box.
- Tap on the animated sticker you wish to use. The animation will now appear in your Story.
- Drag the sticker around to place it wherever you think it looks best. You can resize the sticker to make it fit the space better.
- Hit “Pin” to pin the sticker to the Story.
- Post your Story.
That’s it! It only took nine simple steps to help you add moving stickers to your Instagram Story. You can now experiment and put your imagination to the test to create fabulous Stories on your profile.
Note that if you’re feeling extra creative, you can make your own stickers and use them on your Story. To do so, make sure to upload the sticker to GIPHY first. Once the platform approves of your creation, you’ll be able to search for it using proper keywords or your GIPHY account name in Step 7.
How to Add Moving Stickers on an Android
The process of adding Instagram Stories on an Android device doesn’t differ much compared to iPhone users. You’re also free to choose from hundreds (and thousands) of free moving stickers from Instagram’s default gallery (+GIPHY) to decorate your Stories by following the steps below:
- Log in to your Instagram account on your Android device.
- Once you’re on your feed, swipe to the right to make a new Story or just .
- Take a picture, video, or select a pre-existing photo or video from your Gallery.
- Select the sticker icon from the top right.
- Explore Instagram’s gallery of default stickers or look for a particular keyword using the search box.
- Tap on the sticker you like to add it to the Story.
- Play with the sticker by resizing it or dragging it to the perfect location.
- Press “Pin” to pin the sticker to the desired location
- Post the Story.
As you can see, posting Stories on Instagram is not rocket science. All you have to do is master a few moves and enjoy browsing through thousands of fun stickers Instagram and the rest of the internet has for you to choose from.
Additional note for the creatives: You can upload your own stickers to GIPHY, wait for them to be approved, and upload them to your Story by using a keyword (or account name) search in Step 6.
Tell Your Story in Pictures
They say that every picture has a story. You can now make your own beautiful Instagram Stories and decorate them with moving stickers for a more eye-catching and fun experience your followers will love. Remember that you don’t have to use the default stickers offered by Insta (although they are pretty fun!). You’re free to create or upload any animated sticker or GIF you find online as long as it’s up on GIPHY.
Which type of moving stickers do you like to add to your Instagram Story? Do you create your own or use pre-made options? Share your experience in the comments section below.