How To Add Music to My Video with Apple Clips
As far as content creation goes, videos are one of the best ways to express yourself or let others know what’s happening around you. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then just imagine how much a video is worth. One of the most important parts of any video shot for social media is the audio- adding music to your clips can really set them apart.
The newest Apple video application, Apple Clips, lets you add music to your videos, which can make your videos stand out even more. You can also edit your own video with the Apple Clips application. It’s portable and very user-friendly for photo and video editing.
Red on to learn about how you can add music to your video with Apple Clips.
Adding Default Music to Videos with Clips
Apple has always been on the cutting edge when it comes to enabling their customers to create the most engaging content from their devices.
You must choose music that the Apple Clips application has available or select something from your iTunes collection. To add music to your video:
- Tap on the “music note” from the recording screen of Apple Clips. You’ll find it located in the upper right-hand corner of the application.
- On the Music screen in Apple Clips, there are three choices: None, Soundtracks, and My Music. Tapping on Soundtracks gives you the selection of music that the Apple Clips app has to offer. If you’d like to use one of the pre-installed soundtracks then tap on the “cloud with the arrow pointing downward” to download it to your iPhone.
- After the soundtrack gets downloaded, it will appear checked off with a blue check mark to let you know that it’s been downloaded.
- Go back to the recording screen in Apple Clips. Then, record your video clip like normal. When you’re finished recording, you’ll press the play button to review your video with the music you’ve chosen, and it will get added to your recording without any more work needed from you.
- When you’re satisfied with your video clip, tap Done in the lower right to save the video.
Adding Custom Music to Videos with Clips
Do you want to add music from your iTunes collection? Well, that’s not a problem. But first, make sure it has been downloaded to your iPhone and added to you iTunes library. Otherwise, it won’t show up in your iTunes choices. After you have done so, simply follow these steps:
- Tap the music note from the recording screen of Apple Clips, located in the upper right-hand corner of the application.
- Then, tap on My Music. Next choose by Artist, Album, Songs, Genres, Composers, and Playlists.
- Select the song you’d like to use.
- If you only want your music selection heard in your video clip then disable the microphone on the record screen.
- Next, head back to the recording screen in Apple Clips and record your video clip as normal, just like in the previous section. When it’s complete, you’ll press the play button to review your video, and the music you’ve selected has been added to your recording.
Adding music to your video with the Apple Clips application is very quick, easy, and user friendly. Either use the pre-installed music clips offered to you by Apple or grab a song from your iTunes collection. Liven up your Apple Clips videos and have some fun. Have any tips, tricks, or questions related to adding music to your videos using Apple Clips? Let us know in the comment section below!