How to Get Advanced Twitter Audience Insights
Your followers are more than just a fancy number displayed on your profile. But in the digital world, it’s easy to forget that each is a living, breathing human with characteristics, habits, and interests.
Although quantifying your Twitter following is essential, especially in business contexts, increases and decreases in your follow count aren’t always the whole story.
Are you wondering who follows your account, where they are from, what language they speak, and other crucial details about them? Here’s how to get advanced Twitter audience insights with various tools.
Does Twitter Provide Audience Insights?
Twitter has a handy analytics tool that creators and other professionals can use to get an insight into the numbers behind their accounts. While this tool also included interesting audience insights, this feature is no longer available on the platform.
The Twitter Analytics page won’t tell you much about your followers besides their number and who among your new followers is the most influential user.
Nevertheless, it’s important to note that a new analytics tool is in development within Twitter’s Media Studio that is available to select users. Still, this tool offers insight into a person’s following, even though it’s limited.
How to Get Advanced Audience Insights
If you need more information than what Twitter offers, you’ll need to find a third-party tool for the purpose. There are many solutions you can use to learn about your followers. Here are some of the best ones.
Circleboom is a comprehensive solution for all your Twitter management needs. The tool offers everything from tweet and like deletion to audience insights. To learn about your followers using Circleboom, follow the steps below:
- Head to Circleboom and get started with their Twitter Management Tool.
- Sign into your account or create a new one.
- Give the app access to your Twitter account.
When logged into your Circleboom account, you can instantly check various metrics about your Twitter friends and followers. Find the various audience insight tools in the following way:
- Open the sidebar on the left side of your screen.
- Find “User Analytics” on the list and expand this section.
You’ll be able to choose from numerous options here. Some of the most crucial audience insights include the following:
- Followers/Friends Growth – Check how your following has increased or decreased over a period of time using two interactive graphs.
- Follower/Friend Characteristics – Learn how many of your followers are inactive, fake, overactive, or verified.
- Language Stats – Find out what languages your friends and followers use to tweet.
- Gender Stats – See the gender distribution of your following.
- Best Time to Tweet – Learn when your audience is the most active and time your tweets accordingly for maximum exposure.
- Interest Cloud – Find out what your followers are tweeting about to adjust your content to their interests.
Circleboom offers three subscription plans to its users.
The Free plan works with one Twitter profile and has some limitations, but it’s a great way to test whether this solution is for you. The Pro plan is for one Twitter profile without any restrictions. It will unlock all of Circleboom’s Twitter Management features so you can stay on top of your account. Finally, those with more robust needs can inquire about the Enterprise plan that can be used with more than 50 Twitter profiles.
FollowersAnalysis is a slightly different solution. This tool was designed to extract your data and export it for you in a PDF and CSV file.
The exported file will contain basic information, like their usernames, names, tweet count, and follower count. It will also include details about each follower, including their account creation date, last tweet date, bio, and the percentage of your followers with a verified or protected account.
Finally, the report will extract your “top followers,” the most popular users following your account.
Here’s how to get started with FollowersAnalysis:
- Go to FollowersAnalysis.
- Enter the handle for the account report.
- Verify that it is the correct account.
- Click on “Add to Cart” and purchase the information.
The app will also prompt you to create an account. You’ll be able to download the report files after signing into your FollowersAnalysis account.
After requesting the file, you might need to wait between 5-10 minutes for your download. You can also download the report later, as it will be stored in your account.
FollowersAnalysis works on a per-report basis instead of a subscription. However, the price of follower analysis and data export increases as your number of followers increases.
Another tool that can provide you with a lot of valuable data is Minter.io. This tool is available to users with any number of followers. The tool gives you information about the following metrics:
- Your total number of followers and growth over time
- Followers gained and lost daily
- Gender information about your followers
- Statistics about followers’ location
- Insight into your followers’ tweet language
- The ratio of your followers with a significant following
Minter.io does not offer a free plan, but it allows users to try out their solutions for 14 days for free. After that, users can choose between a Silver, Gold, or Platinum subscription, depending on their needs. All of Minter.io’s prices are on a per-profile basis, so don’t forget to multiply the price by the number of Twitter accounts you’re planning to connect to the service.
Get the Information You Need
Advanced audience insights are indispensable for businesses and creators alike. However, Twitter doesn’t currently provide much insight into your followers. Learn about your followers’ activity, location, gender, following, and more using one of the abovementioned tools, like Circleboom.
Have you used any of these tools before? Or do you have another favorite to share with others? Let us know in the comments section below.