How to Reroll in Arknights
You came across Arknights, installed it, and opened the game. Then, you eventually rolled some banners. Did you have a specific drop in mind but didn’t get lucky? Unfortunately, with gacha-style systems, it’s all about luck.
However, there is nothing to worry about when you’re just at the beginning of your Arknights journey. You can easily opt for rerolling as many times as necessary until you are satisfied with what drops.
For clarification, “rerolling” isn’t an in-game option. Instead, it’s about making a new account altogether to roll the banners again from scratch. If you want to give it a try, you’re in the right place. This guide will show you how to reroll for the iPhone, Android, and Bluestacks.
How to Reroll in Arknights on the iPhone
These are the instructions to reroll successfully in Arknights using an iPhone:
- After opening Arknights, you must sign in as a guest.
- Proceed to either finish or skip the tutorial battles. You can retreat from battles by clicking the cogwheel located at the top left.
- Collect the gifts for rerolling first.
- Choose your preferred banner. The default recommendation is the 6-star banner.
- Go to the homepage and proceed with clicking on the cogwheel icon to open settings.
- Then go to “Account” and click on “Bind. “Use a valid Gmail address, ideally a dummy one for the dummy accounts. You can use the same Gmail for the bindings that follow by putting a number after it. For simplicity, it should correspond to the reroll attempt. One example is “firstname.lastname@example.org” for the second attempt.
- Log out through the same Account tab every time you bind an account.
- Logging out will take you to the start screen, where you will find the “Account Management” button.
- Log in as a guest again to repeat the process if you aren’t satisfied with the rolls.
Note that iOS can give a reroll error due to the save data not getting deleted after the player tries to reinstall the game for rerolling.
The reason behind binding with the email is that it’s necessary since you can’t log out as a guest. All codes for the new accounts are sent to the base email. Remember, after landing the roll you want, you should bind that account to another email instead of the dummy one since +number dummy accounts can give problems when it comes to unbinding them later.
Always remember to bind your main account. Otherwise, you will lose the saved data along with the potentially good rolls.
How to Reroll in Arknights on an Android Device
The following instructions cover the Arknights rerolls for Android Devices:
- Open the Arknights app. Then, sign in as a guest.
- Follow by either finishing or skip the tutorial battles.
- Collect the free gifts for rerolling.
- Pick a banner. The 6-star banner is the one most players choose.
- Go to the home screen, proceed and open the settings or click on the cog icon.
- Select “Account” and click on “Bind.” Use a valid Gmail address, ideally a dummy one.
- Now proceed with logging out through the same Account tab. Do this every time you bind a new account.
- You’ll see the Start screen again after logging out. This is where you will find the “Account Management” button.
- You are ready to log in as a guest once again if you aren’t satisfied with your rolls.
Remember to use the same Gmail for subsequent bindings. You can do this by putting a number after your emails address, but it must correspond to the reroll attempt. An example would be “email@example.com” for the third try.
Alternatively, you can wipe the Arknights data on your Android. Wiping data allows players to reuse the guest accounts. This is how to get started:
- Close the Arknights app.
- Go to Arknights app settings and clear the app data along with the cache.
- Reset the Google advertising ID on your Android device by going to Settings, Google (Google Services), Ads. In ads, select “Reset advertising ID.”
- Open Arknights for rerolling.
You can also opt for simply uninstalling and reinstalling the game instead of wiping the data. One drawback for both cases is that you will have to wait for your available internet speed to download the app data.
The codes for the new accounts are sent to the base email, so binding an email is necessary since you can’t log out as a guest. Remember to bind your main account, though, because you could lose the saved data.
Also, keep in mind that you should bind that account to a different email account after landing the roll you want. Dummy accounts using the “+number” may cause problems when you want to unbind them later.
How to Reroll in Arknights on Bluestacks
Since Bluestacks uses Android, similar instructions are applied here.
- Open Arknights and sign in as a guest.
- Skip or play the tutorial.
- Collect the newcomer and log-in rewards, as these will let you reroll quickly.
- When it comes to banners, it’s recommended to go for the 6-star one.
- Go to the home tab after rolling and open the settings menu.
- Navigate to “Account” and select “Bind.” Bind the guest account using a dummy Gmail address.
- It is possible to use the same email address for your subsequent bindings when you put a number after them. Ideally, it should be the same as your current reroll address. For example, you can use “firstname.lastname@example.org” for the fourth attempt.
- Once the binding is successful, it’s time to log out through the Account tab.
- You’ll see the Start screen and the “Account Management” option.
- It’s now possible for you to log in as a guest again and repeat the process.
The codes for the dummy accounts are always sent to the primary email. Once you land the roll you want, make sure to bind that account to a different email and not a dummy one, as that could cause problems for unbinding later.
Binding with an email is necessary since you can’t log out as a guest. Make sure to bind your main account, or you’ll risk losing the saved data, including your rolls.
How to Reroll Faster in Arknights
Rerolling faster involves skipping the tutorial battles. Skipping the battles is simple to do so using the cogwheel icon. Also, when you have a specific banner in mind, it certainly speeds things up.
Salt-enabled email providers are a must for fast reroll bindings. When an email provider uses salt, such as Google Mail accounts, it means that it can use the same base email many times for registration at the same registering point. As a side note, what you write after the + can be numbers and letters, though numbers are better since they can help you keep track of multiple rerolls. It’s not the same as having multiple emails because when a salted email receives mail, it’s redirected to the base email.
If you use Android and your internet and installing speed is fast, you may want to consider using the “Resetting advertising ID” method.
To use this method, start by closing the Arknights app. Go to the app setting and clear its data and cache. After that, you must reset the Google advertising ID by going to Settings -> Google (Google Services) -> Ads. Once that process is complete, you can reroll again.
Generally, using this Android method could take a while, though, so the email address method should be your go-to option regardless of the platform. Whichever email provider you use, make sure it’s a salt-enabled one. Since Gmail accounts can use salts, they are suited for rerolling.
Rerolling Is Only Natural in Arknights
Rerolls are a part of the gacha-system gaming world. While rerolling is recommended when you are after a character that will make your early game more manageable, you may want to use this method sparingly. In many games, including Arknights, the focus is on the playthrough. Training the obtained characters along with gathering materials for future pulls is all part of the process.
Eventually, these future pulls will get you characters you had your eye on, so prioritizing rerolling isn’t necessary. As the saying goes, “where there is no remedy, there is patience.”
What ideal reroll are you gunning for? How has the gacha system treated you so far? Let us know in the comment section below.