How to Get Yama in Blox Fruits
The Yama is one of the game’s Cursed Katanas and bears the Legendary status. Wielding such a potent weapon in the “Blox Fruits” open world will offer you a tactical advantage. The sword deals remarkable damage, and it’ll have most of your foes scurrying away to hide. Combined with other weapons, such as the Tushita, they form one of the most lethal weapons in the game: The Cursed Dual Katana.
Keep reading to find out how you can obtain the Yama Sword.
Getting the Yama Sword
You’ll need to meet a few requirements to improve your chances of getting the Yama. Below are detailed steps on how to acquire the sword:
Find the Elite Hunter
The first step is finding the non-player character(NPC) Elite Hunter. He will trigger the quests that will help you obtain the Yama. Here’s how you can locate him and complete the quests:
- Go to the Castle on the Sea Island.
- Locate the Elite Hunter.
- Speak to the NPC to accept the quest. You’ll have to return after 10 minutes if he doesn’t have any tasks.
- The “Kill Elite Pirates Quest” begins.
Be aware that the Elite NPCs are level 1,750 bosses, so it’s best to attain the same level or higher before embarking on this quest.
Completing the Quests
The higher the number of Elite Pirates you take down, the better your chances of getting the Yama. You need to eliminate at least 20 of them to get a shot at pulling the sword. If you don’t attain this threshold, you’ll likely die. Killing 30 Elite Pirates gives you a 100% success rate of obtaining the sword.
Time is of the essence when performing these quests. Remember that other players are also rushing to complete them and obtain the Yama. If any opponent gets ahead, they will set you back 10 minutes. Luckily, the Elite Hunter provides the exact locations, so you don’t have to waste time hunting them down.
You can track your progress by speaking to the quest giver. Use the progression option to see how many more Elite Pirates you must kill to reach the ideal 30-target mark. Once the task is complete, you can head to the Hydra Island. You don’t have to inform the Elite Hunter once you’re done, as he keeps the tab on all Elite Pirates.
Go to the Hydra Island
You’re likely familiar with this location if you already have the Tushita Sword in your arsenal. Here’s what you should do:
- Go to the Third Sea and locate the Hydra Island.
- Go to the waterfall.
- Find the secret door hidden behind the waterfall.
- You’ll find five ghosts inside the Enma room guarding the sword. Fight the ghosts and kill them.
- It’s time to get the Yama Sword.
Pulling the Cursed Katana
Once you’ve killed the ghosts, nothing stands between you and the Yama. It’s time to claim your reward. Here’s how:
- Go to the Sword.
- Click on the Yama. Your third try will elicit a pop-up. The message will warn you that you might die due to the curse. But if you fulfilled all the requirements, you’ve got nothing to worry about. If you don’t follow the rules, you’ll be killed, and the notification “The sword has rejected you! You’re not worthy” will be displayed.
- The fourth click will allow you to pull out the Yama Sword. A message will appear on the screen showing “the sword has accepted the player as its new owner.” The title “Demon Mode” will be conferred upon you.
Understanding the Enma Sword
Even though this Cursed Katana is the dream weapon for most “Blox Fruits” players, it does have some limitations. Listed below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of this weapon.
- Excellent mobility
- Short cool-down period
- Combines well with other weapons
- It is relatively easy to obtain compared to Tushita
- An excellent choice for players who like to travel
- Infernal Hurricane X move stuns opponents
- Chop users are immune to this sword
- reduced damage output compared to other Katanas
- Using Instinct can disable the Yama Sword moves
- Requires high mastery levels to use moves
- Hard to hit if transformed with Buddha 2
Using the Yama Sword
This Cursed Katana provides you with two moves: the “Hellish Slash and “Infernal Hurricane.” These actions can help you unleash high-damage dealing attacks on your opponent.
This move is activated using the Z key. But you’ll need a mastery level of 150 to use it. The player carries out a spinning slash following a circular motion while moving the cursor towards the target. The knockback effect from this attack is impressive, and the damage is significant. The strike will surely deal more extensive damage if a player successfully combines the spinning and air slash attacks.
To execute this move, you’ll need to use the X key and have a mastery level of 300. The player readies himself in a stance to prepare for an attack as red and black slashes appear. Once you release the cursor toward the target direction, the character will quickly lunge forward and unleash a series of rapid slashes on the enemy. This attack’s intensity helps you quickly disarm and defeat your opponent.
Upgrading the Yama Sword
You’ll need to talk to the Blacksmith NPC to upgrade the sword. This will increase its damage by up to 10%. You’ll need 20 Mini Tusks and six leather to trade with the Blacksmith. While leather is a common material and can be obtained in several places in the “Blox Fruits” world, Mini Tusks are hard to come by. Mythological Pirates drop these once you defeat them, but you have a dismal 2% to 5% chance of obtaining them.
Is there a difference between the Enma and Yama Sword?
No. This is the same weapon with varying names. It’s also known as the Cursed Katana.
How do you get the Cursed Dual Katana in Blox Fruits?
You must obtain Tushita and Yama and get them to 350 mastery level to get this Katana. You should also complete the Cursed Dual Katana Puzzle, which requires reaching level 2,200 to succeed.
What should a player do to maximize the use of the Yama?
The sword needs good timing and precision to serve you well in battle.
Unleash Terror With the Legendary Yama Sword
Seasoned “Blox Fruits” players understand how essential weapons are in the game. You need them to not only take down bosses but also wage battles and complete quests. Swords also come in clutch when you want to grind fruits. Even though the process of obtaining the Yama is grueling, the effort is worth it for a weapon of such high caliber.
Have you succeeded in obtaining the Yama sword using these steps? Would you consider upgrading it? Let us know in the comments section below.