How to Make a Collage in Canva
Collages are trending in advertising because they help create more memorable campaigns. Whether you want to make a collage for personal photo sharing or to pitch a product to a customer, Canva can help even beginner designers make impressive collages. Fortunately, it’s an easy process. If you want to make a collage with Canva, this article will tell you what you need to know to successfully accomplish the task.
How to Make a Photo Collage in Canva With a Predesigned Template
Canva makes the process simple and basically walks you through it. Open Canva to get started.
- Locate the search bar and type in “collage.”
- Select a premade template to use for your collage.
- Fill the photo placeholders with your pictures. Drag them from your computer and drop them into the prearranged spaces.
- As you view the entire collage, you can resize your photos or move them around to create the exact design you want.
- When you are satisfied with your finished project, click “Download” in the top right corner.
- Select the file format you want for your downloaded file.
This is the fastest way to create a beautiful project with a minimal amount of effort. You have a great deal of flexibility as you reposition and reformat the pictures in your collage.
How to Make a Video Collage in Canva With a Preformatted Template
Many people make photo collages, but did you also know you can make a video collage in Canva? Follow these steps to create a video masterpiece.
- Type “collage” into the search bar.
- Various pre-made collage formats are available. Choose the one that fits your needs.
- Drag and drop your videos into the prearranged slots. You can mix and match videos and photos if you’d like.
- As you design the look you’re going for, you can move videos from one space to another or resize the video windows to suit your preferences.
- Once the collage looks just right, click the “Download” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose the MP4 file format to save a video collage. This is the only format that will include videos in the finished project.
Creating a video or photo collage has never been simpler! In minutes you can have a project that is as unique and professional as if a seasoned designer created it for you.
How to Make a Photo or Video Collage With Canva Grids
Canva has another option for helping you build a collage. If you don’t want a premade collage design but would like to start with a little structure, using grids is the perfect format for you.
- In the top right corner, click “Create a design.”
- Click the “Elements” tab.
- Type “grid” in the search bar.
- Choose your favorite grid style.
- Photo or video placeholders will appear according to the grid you choose. Drag and drop your
collection of images or videos into the spaces provided.
- When your collage is done, click “Download.”
- Designate the desired format for the download file.
This method gives a classic, simple look to a project without all the fluff. You can further dress it up if you want to or leave it classically austere.
How to Make a Photo or Video Collage With Your Own Design
If you are a creative person, you may want to design your own collage instead of using Canva’s preset formats. This is also possible with Canva, which offers the option for you to create your own layout and design. This takes a little more time but has infinite possibilities for uniqueness and creativity.
- Create a custom document.
- Enter the dimensions for your project or choose from a list of frequently used sizes.
- Click the “Elements” button.
- Type “Frames” into the search bar to begin adding structure to your design.
- Choose any frames you want to include and place them in your project.
- Organize the frames in any layout you desire. Once you like what you have created, drag and drop pictures and videos into your document.
- Continue to adjust the project layout and image sizes to fit your collage vision.
- Add extras as you desire.
- Once the project is perfect, click “Download” and choose a file format to save the file.
Canva Collage Extras
Once you’ve played around a little with collage design and creation, try out some of these extra features that Canva includes.
Include Photos or Videos From Canva’s Library
Don’t have the perfect video you need in your personal library? Never fear, Canva offers over a million photos and videos that you can use for free. There are also premium images available for very affordable fees. Use the image search feature to add the perfect touch to your collage.
Use the Built-In Photo Editor
You won’t need a third-party app to edit your pictures before adding them to Canva. In the app or program, the built-in editor can make all the changes and upgrades necessary to really make your photos stand out. Canva has an “Auto Enhance” option to give a quick uplift to your pictures. Or if you are more of a photo editing expert, you can adjust effects such as saturation, contrast, color, and shadowing yourself.
Filters are all the rage with photo sharing these days, and Canva takes this into account as well. Apply filters to your pictures right through the photo editor.
Phone a Friend
If you need a little cooperative help from a friend or your art teacher, use Canva’s collaboration feature. Share ideas with other Canva users online worldwide. Teamwork makes the dream work with Canva creativity.
Dress Up Your Pictures and Videos
Express your ideas with text, stickers, and extra design elements decorating your collage. Once you’ve added the pictures and videos you want to include, don’t forget to explore all the trappings Canva offers and dress it up a little.
Why are the videos not showing up in my downloaded file?
If you open a downloaded collage and find your video files are missing, you probably didn’t save the file in an MP4 format. If you save it as a JPG or PNG, your pictures will be fine, but videos will not be included.
What quality images and videos should I use?
It’s important to use only high-quality videos and images to make the best Canva collages. If you don’t have any available, use the Canva stock library.
They say a picture communicates a thousand words. And a collage of pictures says even more. For your next personal project or your next advertising pitch, use a collage in Canva to communicate your ideas to your friends or customers. With Canva it’s easy to create professional, impactful collages in just a few steps.
Have you used Canva to create photo or video collages? What are your favorite design touches? Let us know in the comments below.