How to Add a Bank Account in the Cash App
With the Cash App, you can send and receive payments, donate money to a cause or an organization, or even tip for services rendered. However, in order for you to do all of these things, you need to link the app to your bank account. Once you add your bank account, you can add one or more debit or credit cards to your Cash App account.
In this guide, we’ll go through the process of adding a bank account on the Cash App on various devices. We’ll also show you what to do in case you can’t add a bank account to your Cash App account.
How to Add a Bank Account in the Cash App From a PC
Even though the Cash App’s user interface is designed for the mobile app, you can still use it on your computer. What’s more, you have the option to install the app on your PC, or you can simply sign in to your account on the web browser. However, since you can’t download the app directly to your computer, you’ll need to use a workaround.
To download and use the Cash app on your PC, you’ll need an android emulator. There are various emulators you can use for this, but we recommend Bluestacks. Follow the on-screen instructions to install this free android emulator. When you’re done, simply search for the Cash App on the Play Store and download it on your device. It will look the same on your PC as it would on the mobile app.
When you first create a Cash App account, you’ll be asked to provide your bank account details. You’ll also need to enter your email address and phone number. To add a bank account in the Cash App from a PC, follow the steps below:
- Open the Cash App on your PC.
- Log into your account with your phone number or email address, which is associated with your Cash App account.
- You’ll get a confirmation code at your email address or via text message. Enter the code and click on the “Next” button.
- From your home screen, click on the bank tab in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Link Bank” option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to add bank account details.
- Save the changes by clicking on “Done.”
That’s all there is to it. If you want to add a debit or credit card to your Cash App account, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Cash App.
- Go to the “My Cash” tab in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Proceed to the “+ Add Credit Card” below the “Bank Account” section.
- Type in your credit/debit card number.
- Click on the “Add Card” button.
- Select “Done.”
It will take a couple of moments for the Cash App to remember your new credit/debit card.
How to Add a Bank Account in the Cash App on an iPhone
As mentioned before, the Cash App user interface is designed for the mobile app, so it’s much easier to use on your phone. You can download the Cash App on the App Store. To add a bank account in the Cash App on an iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Cash App on your iPhone.
- Log into your account.
- Tap on the bank icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Add a Bank” option.
- Enter your bank account details.
- Proceed to “+Add Credit Card” to add one or more credit/debit cards.
- Tap on the “Add Card” button.
- Select “Done.”
If you don’t add your bank account details, you won’t be able to use the app to transfer funds. If you want to modify a linked bank account that you have already added, follow the steps below:
- Open the Cash App.
- Tap on the bank icon in the bottom-left corner of your home page.
- Proceed to the “Linked accounts” section.
- Go to the bank account that you want to edit.
- If you don’t want to use this bank account anymore, tap on “Remove bank account.”
- To replace the bank account with a new one, go to “Replace bank account.”
- Enter the details for your new linked bank account.
- Select “Done.”
How to Add a Bank Account in the Cash App on an Android Device
To add a bank account in the Cash App on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Open the Cash App on your Android device.
- Sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Tap on the bank icon in the bottom-left corner of your home screen.
- Go to “Add a bank.”
- Follow the prompts to add your bank account details.
- Proceed to “+ Add Credit Card” to add a specific credit/debit card.
- Enter the credit/debit card number.
- Select “Add Card.”
- Continue to “Done.”
If you can’t link your bank account to your Cash App account for some reason, try doing the following:
- Run the Cash App and go to the “Balance” tab.
- Go to “Cash Out” and select how much you’d like to cash out.
- Choose the “Standard (1-3 business days)” option.
- Proceed to the search field and enter “cashapp”.
- Select “Add Manually.”
- Type in your routing and account number.
If this process doesn’t seem to be working either, another option you have is to contact Cash App customer support.
Transfer Funds With the Cash App
The cash app is very useful for sending and receiving money, as well as online payments, donating money, and tipping. The first step of transferring funds with the Cash App is to link the app with your bank account. From this point on, you can add multiple credit and debit cards, and switch between them for different payments with no effort.
Have you ever added a bank account to your Cash App account? Did you use the same method provided in this guide, or did you figure out another way to do it? Let us know in the comments section below.