How to Change your Email Address in Binance
Registering for Binance requires you to set up an email account. However, as you explore this vast cryptocurrency exchange, you might decide to change it. But how exactly can you do this? In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on changing your email account in Binance. We’ll help you breeze through this process, even though it may seem overwhelming at first.
How to Change Your Email Address in Binance on a PC
The easiest way to change your Binance email address is to use your PC. It provides a larger overview of all the necessary information, allowing you to complete the process quickly.
Take the following steps to use a different email for your Binance account:
- Launch your browser and navigate to the Binance web page.
- Enter your login credentials if you haven’t done so.
- Press the profile symbol in the upper navigation bar to access a new menu.
- Browse this menu and find the “Security” tab. It should be located next to “API Management,” “Identification,” and other sections.
- Choose “Security” to reach the necessary settings.
- You’ll now land on a new page that gives you a checklist of your security option. Go to the “2FA” header.
- Look for the “Email Address” section and press the “Change” button. This section should be visible immediately for PC users.
- Enable SMS authentication by going back to the “Security” settings and activating “SMS Authentication” under the “2FA” header.
The platform will now decide whether your withdrawals will be disabled for two days after changing your address. Unfortunately, this is a mandatory security measure, and you can’t avoid it.
- Press the “Next” button. This will take you to a “Security Verification” page.
- Navigate to the “Email Verification Code” box and click the “Send Code” option.
- Go to your email, find a six-digit code, and copy it. If you can’t locate the message, be sure to check the spam/junk folders.
- Return to Binance and paste the verification code on the appropriate field.
- Click the “Submit” button to finalize the verification.
- Type your new email and password in the “New Email” and “New Password” fields.
- Reenter your new email in the “Confirm New Email” box.
- Click “Confirm,” and you’ll now be able to log into your account with the new email.
Accessing your original email account is a key part of this process. But what if your account was hacked, or you’ve forgotten the password and can’t recover it?
You might think there’s no way to change your Binance email, but that’s not the case. This is what you’ll need to do instead:
- Press the “Security verification unavailable” button on the “Change Email Address” screen.
- Check the box beside the email address and choose “Confirm Reset.” The platform will now prompt you to type in the code from another available 2FA device to confirm the change.
- Enter your new address, but make sure it’s not already registered to a Binance account.
- Hit the “Send Code” button and type the code sent to the new email.
- Press “Reset Now.”
- The system may ask you to complete several security questions to confirm your identity, depending on the Identity Verification level on your account. If so, click the “Start Answering Questions” box and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you’ve already completed this verification on your account, you’ll need to perform a face verification.
- Press “Use PC to Do Verification” to proceed. You shouldn’t use any hats, filters, or glasses during the process. You’ll also need to ensure there’s enough lighting. Choose “Continue” when you’re ready.
- Complete the verification, and your request will be submitted. You’ll need to wait for the platform to review it before finding out if your email change was successful.
How to Change Your Email Address in Binance on an iPhone
The Binance iOS app is chock-full of useful features, but changing your email address isn’t one of them. This means you’ll need to use your iPhone browser to alter your email address.
The steps are nearly identical to changing an email address on a PC:
- Start your browser and open Binance’s website.
- Log in with your account and tap the profile icon in the upper part of your screen.
- Navigate to the “Security” tab in the new menu and choose the “Security” section.
- Scroll down until you find the “2FA” header and press the “Email Address” button. While you’re there, you should also enable “Google Authentication.”
- You should now be notified that Binance may prohibit you from making withdrawals for 48 hours, depending on the nature of your request.
- Tap “Next” to continue to the “Security Verification” page.
- Go to your “Email Verification Code” field and tap “Send Code.”
- Open your email app and copy the six-digit code sent by Binance.
- Go back to Binance and paste the code in the designated box.
- Press “Submit” to complete your verification and enter the new email and password in the appropriate fields.
- Type in your new email once again in the “Confirm New Email” section and press “Confirm.”
- Your email account registered with Binance should now be changed.
How to Change Your Email Address in Binance on an Android
Millions of people use Binance on Androids, but they face the same issue as iPhone owners – the inability to change their email through the app. As a result, they need to take the approach outlined in the previous sections:
- Open Google Chrome or another browser on your Android.
- Head to Binance and log in with your email and password.
- Go to your profile by pressing the symbol in the upper part of the display.
- Navigate to the “Security” section and find the “2FA” header.
- Press the “Change” button in the “Email Address” field and enable “Google Authentication.”
- Tap “Next” once the system notifies you that it may disable withdrawals for 48 hours.
- Head to the “Email Verification Code” area and choose “Send Code.”
- Copy the six-digit code from your email account and paste it into the appropriate field on the Binance website.
- Complete the verification by pressing “Submit.”
- Enter your new email and password in their respective fields.
- Reenter your new email in the “Confirm new email” section.
- Tap “Confirm,” and that’s all there is to it.
Simplifying an Intricate Procedure
Although Binance is a relatively secure cryptocurrency exchange, it doesn’t mean your account is impervious to hacking. Hackers can compromise your email account if you’re not careful, exposing sensitive crypto information. Consequently, you could lose your funds, which is why it’s vital to change your email as soon as you notice suspicious activity.
While it’s unfortunate that you can’t complete the change on the app, doing so on your browser shouldn’t be too challenging. Just make sure to choose a more secure password when setting up your new account to minimize the risk of data loss.
Have you ever changed the email in your Binance account? If so, what made you switch to a different email? How long did it take you to link your new email? Let us know in the comments section below.