How To Change the Font in MIUI
MIUI phones offer users numerous opportunities for customization. You can change the lock screen or background to reflect your personality. It’s also possible to adjust the font and font size so that they align with your personal preference. Although some users struggle with the process, it’s relatively straightforward.
This article will outline everything you need to know about changing the font of your MIUI smartphone. Keep reading to learn more.
How to Change the Font
Xiaomi still hasn’t rolled out a user-friendly way that would allow users to tweak text style through their phone’s system settings. Although most people assume it’s impossible to change font styles, this isn’t true. You can customize your phone and modify the text style using the “Themes” app. Although it’s primarily used for installing new themes to change the interface, it also has options for font manipulation.
Here’s how to change the font style on an MIUI phone:
- Go to “Settings” and navigate to “Additional Settings.”
- Click on “Region” and select “Hong Kong” or “India.” Alternatively, use the search menu to change the region quickly.
- Exit “Settings” and launch the “Themes” app.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the small “T” icon in the right-hand corner.
- The new window will display the different font options.
- Press the green “Free download” button next to the style you like the most. Before the phone downloads the font, you might see a promotional video.
- Tap the “Apply” button.
- Restart your phone.
The new font will affect all installed apps when you power on the phone. Launch your frequently used apps to see whether you’re satisfied with the changes.
If you’re unsure about switching your phone’s location, don’t worry. Modifying the “Region” section won’t change the language settings. When you pick “Hong Kong” or “India,” the MIUI interface will continue to use English.
After toying with different styles, you might wish to return to the default font design. To do so:
- Launch the “Themes” app and navigate to “font” icon. The “font” icon is located in the bottom right part of the interface.
- Tap “My fonts.”
- Press “Roboto.” It’s the default font style on Redmi and Xiaomi smartphones.
- Tap the “Apply” button.
- Restart your phone.
The text will revert to the original MIUI style.
Although the default font size gives the text a sharp and clean look, the default size may not work for all users. Fortunately, you can change the size and modify the appearance of all onscreen text. The following steps will help you do so:
- Head to your phone’s “Settings” and click on the “Display” tab.
- Scroll through the list of options and tap “Text Size.”
- You’ll see a slider at the bottom of the screen. Move the slider to modify the font size. The smallest size is marked as “XXS,” while “XXL” stands for the largest option.
The changes will affect the size of the text in all apps. If you’re unsure about the adjustments, you can experiment and see how the letters look in your most-used apps.
Another way to personalize your phone’s interface is by changing the font color. To do so:
- Open your phone’s “Settings” and press “Display.”
- Select the “Color scheme” option.
- Modify the color scheme of the font.
In addition to picking your favorite color, you can adjust its temperature to create a shade you like best.
While the “Themes” app has several attractive font styles, the selection is quite limited. Those looking for more inventive designs might be dissatisfied with the available options. The good news is that several third-party apps will help you find a style that ticks all your boxes.
For example, the MIUI Font Changer app is an excellent choice to tweak the letter style without rooting your phone. To use the app:
- Go to the Google Play Store and install MIUI Font Changer.
- Launch the app.
- The fonts are organized into two groups. Go through the “Color” and “Cool” groups and see which font catches your eye.
- Tap a font to preview it.
- When you find a design you like, press the “Download” button.|
- Select “Set.”
- The action generates a new widow displaying four installation options. For best results, go for the first option and select “Method 1 (Old).”
- Tap “OK.”
- Open the “Themes” app and find the downloaded font in the “Fonts” section.
- Tap “Apply.”
After you reboot your phone, the system will apply the selected font across all apps.
Note that this method only works with MIUI 7, 8, 9, or 10 devices. Although MIUI 12 or 12.5 users have fewer customization opportunities, they can still use the “Themes” app to tweak the size and style of the font.
MIUI phones have numerous customization options that let you change the wallpaper, theme, or ringtone. But you can further elevate the screen’s appearance by modifying the style, size, or color of the font using the “Themes” app. If you feel none of the designs suit you, you can download a third-party tool like MIUI Font Changers and install an eye-catching font style.
Have you customized the font on your MIUI phone before? Did you change the color or size of the letters? Let us know in the comments section below.