How to Change your Phone Number on Amazon
Amazon is the world’s number one online retailer. As such, it should come as little surprise that updating your details on Amazon is a quick and easy process for its customers worldwide. When using Amazon, it’s vital that your details are up to date. Have you recently moved home and therefore your home number has changed? Or perhaps, you’ve got yourself a mobile upgrade and consequently a new number. Or maybe, you Maybe you just want to use a single number dedicated to your Amazon account.
Fortunately, changing your phone number on Amazon is a straightforward process. In this article, we will be showing you how to do this, no matter your device.
Carry on reading to find out more.
How to Change Phone Number on Amazon on a PC
Many people enjoy scrolling through Amazon via their desktop. If you fall into this category, then you’ll be pleased to find out that changing your password is easy to do.
Simply follow these steps:
- From your browser, head on over to Amazon’s website.
- Log in to your account using your credentials.
- Hover your mouse over where it says, “Accounts and Lists.”
- Select “Your Account.”
- From the options that appear, choose “Login and Security.”
- Type out your password and hit “Sign In.”
- Next to your phone number, click on “Edit.”
- In the appropriate fields, enter your new phone number.
- When this is done, hit “Save Changes.”
How to Change Phone Number on Amazon on the iPhone App
The digital age has become increasingly characterized by the emergence of apps. Considering how popular Amazon is, it only seems right that they too have their own application from which people can easily access their accounts in an easy way.
These days, many of us prefer to scroll through Amazon using the mobile app. It saves time and can be accessed from anywhere. If you find yourself using Amazon on an iPhone, here is how to update your details in order to change the phone number associated with your account.
- Open the Amazon app on your iPhone.
- If you haven’t already, log in to your account using your Amazon credentials.
- Navigate your way to your “Account” page by selecting the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next to where it says “Phone Number,” tap “Edit.”
- You will then want to follow the on-screen instructions to update your number.
- Hit “Save Changes” to complete your phone number update.
How to Change Phone Number on Amazon on the Android App
Changing your phone number on Amazon through the Android app is a quick and easy process. Before you do anything else, it’s important that you have the Amazon app downloaded onto your device. While it is possible to access your account from your mobile browser, downloading the app is far more straightforward.
If you haven’t downloaded it yet, you can do so access this by heading to the Google Play Store (or whichever app store you are using). Once the download is complete, simply follow these steps to change your password.
- Open the Amazon app on your Android.
- If needed, log in using your Amazon username and password.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper left corner of the page.
- Next, select “My Account.”
- Choose the “Login and Security” option.
- Next to where it says phone number, tap “Edit.”
- When prompted, type out your new mobile number.
- When finished, select “Save Changes.”
- Your mobile number should now be updated.
Some Additional FAQs
How do I change my email address on my Amazon account?
To change your email address on Amazon, you will need to access your account page. From there, head over to the “Login and Security” section. When you see your email address, opt to edit it by clicking on the button. You will then be able to update your email address. When this is done, make sure that you save your changes. That way, your details will be updated across all of your devices.
Can I change my phone number more than once on Amazon?
Yes, you can update your phone number on Amazon as many times as you like. There is currently no limit to the number of times you can do this.
Can I update my payment details on Amazon?
Yes, it is possible to update or add new payment details on Amazon. To do this, you’ll need to head to your account and select “Your Payments.” To add a payment method, choose the link of the method you wish to add. Alternatively, to edit or remove a method of payment, click on the drop-down menu next to the relevant payment. Select either “Edit” or “Remove.”
Do I have to provide my phone number to Amazon?
Yes, it is required to have a phone number associated with your Amazon account. While you can make an Amazon account using just an email address, you will need to provide your phone number too. If you do, you will be able to use that number in order to sign in to various Amazon apps across platforms. You can also receive status updates for your deliveries via text message.
Can I have two Amazon accounts using the same phone number?
No, you can’t. An Amazon account is strictly attached to strictly one email address and one telephone number.
Stay Up to Date
Getting a new phone is a great way to start fresh in the digital world. However, it also means you need to update your personal account information across various sites. It’s better to get this done as soon as possible, so as to avoid missing any important information that may be sent to your device.
While Amazon doesn’t require you to have a phone number associated with your account, it can be extremely useful. For instance, it can be used to help you reset your password in the case that you forget it.
In the case that anything goes wrong while updating your account details, you can rely on Amazon’s customer service team to help you out. It operates online 24/7 and generally has high ratings.
Have you attempted to change your phone number on Amazon? If so, how did you find the process? Let us know more about your experience in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
5 thoughts on “How to Change your Phone Number on Amazon”