How to Change Profile Picture in HBO Max
A new streaming app on the block, HBO Max, has entered the competition with a bang! Its extensive content options make it one of the broadest streaming catalogs around. Just like other streaming services, you can register multiple devices simultaneously under one account. If you share your subscription with others, you may want to differentiate yourself by customizing your profile picture.
In this guide, we’ve outlined the steps on how to change your profile picture via the HBO app for various platforms. Our FAQs include information on downloading content and installation steps on popular devices.
How to Change Your HBO Max Profile Picture?
At present, HBO Max only offers the option to replace your profile picture from a selection of five different colored rings – as opposed to using a personal picture from your gallery. You can change your profile picture via the “Manage Profiles” option on the website or app. Read on for the detailed steps.
How to Change Profile Picture in Windows and Mac?
- Navigate to the HBO Max official website.
- Sign in to your account.
- At the top-right corner, select your profile image.
- Click on the “Switch Profiles” option.
- At the bottom of the page, select “Manage Profiles.”
- Select your profile.
- Click on one of the colored rings, then “Save.”
How to Change Profile Picture in Android and iOS?
- Launch the HBO Max app.
- At the bottom-right corner of the screen, click on the profile tab.
- Underneath your profile image, click on the “Switch Profiles” option.
- Click on “Manage Profiles” to display the profiles linked to your account.
- Select your profile.
- Select a colored ring to display as your profile picture, then “Save” and Done.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Difference Between HBO, HBO Go, HBO Now, and HBO Max?
HBO is a quality cable TV subscription delivered as an add-on to your TV package. With HBO, the cost of the subscription fee will vary.
HBO Go is an online streaming application and website for accessing HBO content when you subscribe to the channel. It comes free with the HBO channel.
HBO Now is a separate streaming service for $14.99 per month. This option is for those who don’t pay for cable and would like access to HBO. Although the apps are different, it provides the same content as HBO Go. The plan is for HBO Max to eventually replace HBO Now.
HBO Max is the new WarnerMedia streaming service. It combines the content libraries of HBO Go/Now – all of HBO’s content and more. It also features popular TV shows, classic films, and new exclusive originals.
Can You Download Shows on HBO Max App?
You can download HBO Max content locally but with some limitations:
• Users have a total of 30 downloads on each account for all devices and profiles.
• Downloads expire after 30 days when unwatched, or after 48 hours once you’ve started watching it.
• You’ll have the option to renew expired downloads; however, currently, it’s unclear as to how often you can do this.
• Also, you can only download five copies of a movie or show at once across your devices.
There are two download options available:
• “Highest Quality” will take longer to download since it’s a larger file, and
• “Fastest Download” files will download quicker since their smaller.
Why Can’t I Get HBO Max on My TV?
Ensure you have the latest version installed:
1. Navigate to the App Store.
2. Search for HBO Max.
3. Choose “Update” if there is one available.
Ensure your Apple TV software is up-to-date:
· Navigate to “Settings,” “System,” “Software Updates,” then “Update Software.”
How Do I Install HBO Max on Firestick?
These steps are based on using the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K; however, the steps will be applicable for the entire Fire TV device range:
1. On the home screen, enter “HBO Max” and click on the “HBO” option.
2. From “Apps & Games,” click on “HBO Max.”
3. Click on “Get.”
4. Once installed, on your remote, long press the home button.
5. Select “Apps.”
6. Hover over the app, then click on “Move.”
7. Move the app to the position you prefer in “Apps & Channels.”
8. To confirm success, open “HBO Max.”
How Do I Install HBO Max on Roku?
These steps are based on using Roku Streaming Stick+; however, they will be applicable for any type of Roku:
1. On the home screen, select “Search.”
2. Enter “HBO” then select it.
3. Click on “Add channel,” then “Ok.”
4. Navigate back to your home screen and click on “Move channel.”
5. At the top of your Channels list, move then drop the HBO Max app.
6. Click on it to launch.
How Do I Install HBO Max on Android?
These steps are based on installing on an NVIDIA Shield; however, they will apply to all Android devices:
1. From your Android device’s home screen, find and click on the Google Play Store.
2. On the top-right, select the search icon.
3. Enter a search for “HBO Max.”
4. Click on HBO Max then “Install.”
5. Then navigate back to your home screen.
6. To add HBO Max to your “Favorites,” select the plus sign icon.
7. Click on “HBO Max.”
8. Long-press the “Ok” button and select “Move.”
9. Move the app to your preferred place in your list.
How Do I Install HBO Max on My Kodi Device?
1. Open Kodi then select the settings gear icon.
2. Select “Systems.”
3. Hover over the Add-ons option and enable “Unknown sources” if it’s not enabled.
4. Select “Yes,” then back on your remote to return to the System page.
5. Click on “File Manager” then “Add source.”
6. Select “<None>.”
7. Then enter the following URL: “http://k.slyguy.xyz” and click “Ok.”
8. Beneath the source you just entered, highlight the box and enter the name for the media source.
9. Enter a name you’d like to categorize the source as, e.g., “HBO max” or “HBO.”
10. Select “OK.”
11. Use your remote to navigate back to the System page.
12. Select “Add-ons.”
13. Select “Install from zip file.”
14. Click on your media source name.
15. Select zip file: “repository.slyguy.zip.”
· A “SlyGuy Repository Add-on installed” confirmation message will display.
16. Then select “Install from repository.”
17. Select “SlyGuy Repository.”
18. Towards the bottom, click on “Video add-ons.”
19. Click on “HBO Max,” then “Install.”
20. Once the “HBO Max Add-on installed” confirmation message is displayed, select “Ok.”
21. Navigate back to your Kodi’s home screen then click on “Add-ons.”
22. Select “Video add-ons” then “HBO Max.”
How Do I Fix HBO Max Installation Problems?
Here are some tips to try at home to resolve HBO Max streaming problems:
1. Try restarting the device that you’re trying to stream from.
2. Try switching off your router for 60 seconds or so, then restart it.
3. Try switching off your modem for 60 seconds or so, then restart it.
4. Try deleting then reinstalling the HBO Max app on the problem device[s].
5. Try moving your wireless router to an open area. The signal may be blocked due to its location.
6. Try connecting your router directly to your Smart TV, game console, or whatever you’re attempting to stream from. To access the content, you’ll need a minimum of 3Mbps download speed.
Here are some tips to try on your smartphone or tablet to resolve HBO Max streaming problems:
1. For better connection speeds, try connecting to a Wi-Fi signal instead of using your cellular network.
2. Try enabling then disabling your Airplane mode.
3. Try rebooting your phone or tablet.
4. Try restarting the app.
5. Try deleting and reinstalling the app.
6. Try clearing the app’s cache, to do this from an Android device:
A) Navigate to “Settings,” then “Apps & notifications.”
B) Click on “HBO Max,” “Storage,” then “Clear Storage,” and “Clear Cache.”
· To do this from an iOS device:
A) Navigate to “Settings.”
B) Scroll down to the HBO Max app.
C) Select “Clear cache.”
D) If the toggle beside it is green, tap on it to clear the app’s cache.
7. Ensure your device has the latest version of the app installed.
Changing Your HBO Max Profile Picture Ring
New streaming service HBO Max combines all the content provided by earlier HBO’s – and then some, to offer hours of home entertainment. Like other similar services, it allows different profiles per account. Currently, to customize your account you can choose from a selection of colored rings – not as exciting as using real pictures, but gets the job done for now!
Now that we’ve shown you how to change your profile picture in the HBO app, which of the five options did you go for? We’d love to know what you think about the HBO Max so far, let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.