How To Remove from Continue Watching in HBO Max
HBO Max places items you have recently watched in the Continue Watching category and lets you pick up where you left off when you’re ready.
However, sometimes you have no intention of continuing to watch a specific movie or show. Instead of seeing that title every time you log in, we’ll show you the fastest way to remove it permanently.
How to Remove From Continue Watching on Your Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC
By far, the most convenient way to watch HBO Max is via a web browser on your computer. Windows and Mac computers support it, and it will work with any major browser.
If this is how you watch HBO Max, we’ll show you how to manage the Continue Watching section. Here is what you do:
- Log in to your HBO Max account.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click on the account icon.
- When a menu appears, make sure to select “Continue Watching.”
- Another menu will appear. Click on the “Edit” button in the top-right.
- You’ll see a complete list of titles you’ve started watching. Each will have a “Remove” button across the thumbnail. Click on the title you want to remove. Repeat as many times as necessary.
- If you want to erase the entire Continue Watching list, select “Clear all” at the top of the screen.
- Click on “Done” when you finish removing items from the list.
That’s all there is to it. It’s a straightforward process that allows you to de-clutter your Continue Watching section.
How to Remove From Continue Watching on an iPhone or Android Device
The process of removing titles from the Continue Watching section on mobile is nearly identical to how it’s done on the web browser. There is one slight difference, though, and we’ll cover it by going through the steps in detail.
- Launch your HBO Max app on your mobile device.
- Click on your name in the top-right corner of the screen.
- When a menu is displayed, select the “Continue Watching” option.
- You’ll see a list of all the movies and show you’ve started watching and a little “X” icon next to it.
- To remove what you don’t plan on watching, tap in “X” and then tap “Done.”
How to Create a My List on HBO Max?
The Continue Watching feature is mostly quite helpful unless it clogged with shows and movies you’ll never finish. However, there is another HBO Max option that comes in handy for users. As you know, there are so many fun things to watch and only limited hours in the day.
When you browse through the HBO Max library and find something intriguing, save it to My List and watch at your convenience. The process of adding new titles to the My List section is simple. Here’s how it works:
- Log into your HBO Max account.
- Browse through the title and select the one you want to add to the list.
- Select the “+ Add to My List” button.
You can repeat the process as many times as you want. These steps apply to HBO Max mobile app and web version.
When using HBO Max on your computer, you can also hover over the title and just hit the “Add” button, and it will directly go to the ‘’My List’’ section.
Now you’re probably wondering where you can access the ‘’My List’’ option. All you have to do is click on your account name in the top-right corner of the screen and select “My List.” It’s just above the “Continue Watching” section.
Where Can You Watch HBO Max?
For now, HBO Max is only available in the US. The streaming platform is only a year old at time of writing and has been testing the company’s predominant market first. That’s not where the expansion if HBO Max ends, though.
Various HBO services are available worldwide, and the same future is set for HBO Max. Localized versions of the streaming platform will be available mid-2021 in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Parts of Europe can expect HBO Max towards the end of 2021 as well. However, with a reliable VPN service, you can access the HBO Max program anywhere in the world. A reliable VPN will cost extra, though.
Does HBO Max Offer Free Trial?
A somewhat unexpected move from HBO was to not offer a free trial for their new streaming platform. When Disney+ and Apple TV+ came out, they offered great incentives for new customers.
They still feature week-long trials while HBO Max does not. But, there’s an explanation – HBO Max is not technically new. The majority of titles available have been aired via cable TV or on their older streaming platform, HBO Now.
In fact, users who held HBO Now subscription automatically became HBO Max’s users, as the older platform was rebranded.
While it’s impossible to say for sure why HBO chose not to offer a free trial, we might assume they thought HBO needs no introduction, as it’s well-known for its quality content. The monthly subscription for HBO Max is $14.99.
HBO Max – Continue Watching Only What You Love
Some streaming platforms have an overly complex interface that takes away from the overall viewing experience. That’s not the case with HBO Max, which keeps things simple and quick to find.
The Continue Watching section is very accessible and easily manageable. When you want to remove a title, you can do so with a few clicks.
You can also create your watchlist and grow it as much as you want. This article has answered several other questions about HBO Max, given that it’s a relatively new service and we’re still learning about it.
What is your favorite TV show or movie on HBO Max? Let us know in the comments section below.