How To Clear Continue Watching in HBO Max
HBO Max places items you have recently watched in the Continue Watching category and lets you pick up where you left off when you’re ready.
However, sometimes you do not intend to continue watching a specific movie or show. Instead of seeing that title every time you log in, we’ll show you the fastest way to remove it permanently.
How to Remove From Continue Watching on Your Windows, Mac, or Chromebook PC
The most convenient way to curate content on HBO Max is via a web browser on your computer. Windows and Mac computers support it, and the service works with any major browser.
If this is how you watch HBO Max, we’ll show you how to manage the Continue Watching section. Here is what you do:
- Log in to your HBO Max account.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, click on the account icon.
- When a menu appears, make sure to select My Stuff.
- Click Continue Watching.
- Another menu will appear. Click on the Edit button in the top-right.
- You’ll see a complete list of titles you’ve started watching. Each will have a Remove button across the thumbnail. Click on the title you want to remove. Repeat as many times as necessary.
- If you want to erase the entire Continue Watching list, select Clear all at the top of the screen.
- Click on Done when you finish removing items from the list.
That’s all there is to it. It’s a straightforward process that allows you to de-clutter your Continue Watching section.
How to Remove From Continue Watching on an iOS or Android Device
The process of removing titles from the Continue Watching section on mobile is nearly identical to the steps on the web browser. There is one slight difference, though, and we’ll cover it by going through the steps in detail.
- Launch your HBO Max app on your mobile device.
- Click on your profile icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- When a menu is displayed, select the “Continue Watching” option.
- Tap Edit in the upper right corner of the Continue Watching list.
- You’ll see a list of all the movies and show you’ve started watching and a little X icon next to it.
- To remove what you don’t plan on watching, tap in X and then tap Done.
You will also have the “Clear all” option if you decide to start fresh. Also, it’s essential to keep in mind that the steps above apply to the HBO Max mobile app for both Android and iOS devices.
How to Create a My List on HBO Max?
The Continue Watching feature is primarily helpful unless it is full of shows and movies you’ll never finish. However, another HBO Max option comes in handy for users. As you know, there are so many fun things to watch and only limited hours in the day.
When you browse the HBO Max library and find something intriguing, save it to My List and watch it at your convenience. The process of adding new titles to the My List section is simple. Here’s how it works:
- Log into your HBO Max account.
- Browse through the title and select the one you want to add to the list.
- Select the + Add to My List button.
You can repeat the process as many times as you want. These steps apply to HBO Max mobile app and web version.
When using HBO Max on your computer, you can also hover over the title and just hit the “Add” button, and it will directly go to the My List section.
Now you’re probably wondering where you can access the My List option. All you have to do is click on your account name in the top-right corner of the screen and select My List. It’s just above the Continue Watching section.
HBO Max is an excellent streaming service that offers a lot of new movies and original shows. If you didn’t learn everything you wanted to know already, keep reading for the answers to more of your questions.
Where Can You Watch HBO Max?
HBO Max is continually expanding its footprint to new continents. You can see the updated list here.
Currently, HBO Max is available in the US, US Territories, and some countries in South America and Europe.
However, with a reliable VPN service, you can access the HBO Max program anywhere in the world. A reliable VPN will cost extra, though.
Does HBO Max Offer Free Trial?
A somewhat unexpected move from HBO was to not offer a free trial for their new streaming platform. When Disney+ and Apple TV+ came out, they offered great incentives for new customers.
While it’s impossible to say why HBO chose not to offer a free trial, we might assume they thought HBO needed no introduction, as it’s well-known for its quality content. The monthly subscription for HBO Max is $14.99.
Does HBO Max keep my watch history?
No. But you may see some titles you’ve finished watching in the Continue Watching section.
HBO Max – Continue Watching Only What You Love
Some streaming platforms have an overly complex interface that takes away from the overall viewing experience. That’s not the case with HBO Max, which keeps things simple and quick to find.
The Continue Watching section is very accessible and easily manageable. You can do so with a few clicks when you want to remove a title.
You can also create your watchlist and grow it as much as you want. This article has answered several other questions about HBO Max, given that it’s a relatively new service and we’re still learning about it.
What is your favorite TV show or movie on HBO Max? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.