How To Change your Riot ID
If you’re in the gaming world, you’ll know all about Riot. You’ll also know the importance of choosing the right gamer tag so that you stand out. This process can sometimes be lengthy as you go through a list of potential usernames.
Fortunately, updating your details on Riot is a quick and easy process. In this article, we’ll be going over how to change your Riot ID, as well as other account details.
Keep on reading to discover more.
Changing a Riot ID
Riot Games uses a single account to access the names and taglines of any individual user. As a result, if you wish to update your personal tag, you will need to edit the username associated with your Riot Games account.
It’s also worth noting that you can only change your Riot ID and tagline once every 30 days, so make sure that you pick something you will want to keep within that time frame.
The easiest way to change your Riot ID is via the official website. To change your Riot ID, here’s what you will need to do. The process for updating your account details is the same whether you’re using a mobile device or a desktop.
- Head over to the Riot Games website.
- Enter your account credentials to sign in.
- Head over to the “Riot Games Account Management” page.
- Select “Riot ID.”
- Change your details in the “Riot ID” and “Tagline” settings.
- You may be prompted to log in using two-factor authentication or input a code sent to your email address.
- Select “Save Changes” to proceed.
Change Riot ID Name
Having the right ID name on Riot Games can mean a lot. If you wish to update your name, you will only be able to do so every 30 days. In addition, you will only be able to update your details directly from the Riot Games official site.
To change your Riot ID name, here is what you will have to do:
- From your browser, head to the official Riot Games website.
- Enter your login details (or sign up if you haven’t already).
- The page may ask for two-factor authentication, so check your emails for a code if required.
- In the main menu section, select “Riot ID.”
- Select the pencil icon to edit your username.
- Type out your new ID name.
- When you are satisfied with the changes, select “Save.”
Change Riot ID Number
A Riot ID number is made up of a gameplayer’s game tag and hashtag that consists of three to five numbers and letters. Let’s take a closer look at how to change your Riot ID number.
- Go to the Riot Games official website.
- Navigate your way to the Riot “Games Management” page.
- After editing your name and tagline, also you will be able to change your Riot ID number.
- When you are happy with the changes, make sure you select “Save” to update your information.
Change Riot ID Before 30 Days
Currently, you can update your Riot ID once every 30 days using your account. Not only are you able to update your name within that time frame, but you can also edit your tagline. When doing so, it is vital that you do it directly from the Riot Games official website.
Since players can only update their details once every month, be sure to choose a name and tagline that you can enjoy for the duration of that period. Many people tend to go for names associated with the game they mostly play.
Does changing my Riot ID replace my Summoner name?
Not yet. It would take a while to switch from Summoner names to Riot IDs. You will not use the current name when a Summoner name switches to your Riot ID.
How long can a Riot ID be?
Your Riot ID comprises two parts: your in-game name and a specific hashtag followed by three-to-five letters or numbers. You can use a website to find the perfect combo of characters and numbers. Head over to this website to find out more.
Does your ID change depending on your region?
In contrast to other game developer sites such as Steam or Battle, Riot requires one username for your main account and a separate one for your game ID. If you live in North America, your ID will be unique to that region.
Does it cost money to change your Riot Games ID and username?
Changing your name on Riot Games does not cost any extra money. Having said that, when playing League of Legends, it will ask you to pay to change your Summoner name. This doesn’t apply to any other name changes in that game.
Let’s the Games Begin
Riot Games prides itself on having a positive customer relationship. For this reason, they have made things extremely easy for newer and seasoned players to update their account details with no hassle.
Once you have updated your details on Riot Games accordingly, you will be free to play the games you want. You can also rest assured that you will be able to update your Riot ID username and tagline once every 30 days.
So, if you find yourself wanting to create a specific name associated with a game you are playing, you will be able to do so.
Have you tried updating your Riot ID? If so, did you run into any complications? What were they? Let us know more in the comments section below.