What App Do You Need to Use Chromecast with Android?
Chromecast is one of the most popular video-streaming devices in the world right now. It’s a small piece of hardware that connects your TV with any Android device you may own.
In this article, we’ll break down how Chromecast works with the Google Home for Android and help you find out more about other apps that support it.
What Is the Chromecast App for Android?
One of the must-have apps to connect your Chromecast to android devices is the Google Home app. With it, you can control your Google Home, Google Nest, Chromecast, and other Google devices and use it as a control center.
How to Set Up a Chromecast Device?
If you want to set up a Chromecast device, these are the steps to make it work with your Android phone:
- Download Home app and create an account.
- Plug your Chromecast into your TV (one end of the cable goes to power and the other to the TV).
- Connect your phone or tablet on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- Open Home app.
- At the left top corner of the Home app, you’ll see “+.”
- Then tap “Set up device”.
- Once the devices are connected, you can use your phone or tablet to control Chromecast.
Google Photos on Chromecast
One of the best storage apps for photos is Google Photos. With Chromecast support, you can connect your Android phone and show your photos on the big screen. In addition, if you have a photo collection created on your phone, you can easily show it to your guests or family.
And if you want to use one of your photos as a wallpaper when you’re not casting anything, Chromecast can turn your TV into a giant photo frame.
Netflix on Chromecast
Once you set up your Chromecast, you might want to use a good video streaming platform to watch your favorite TV shows and the latest movies. That’s why Netflix is one of the most popular apps with Chromecast owners.
Pandora Radio on Chromecast
If you like having music around the house all day, you can install Pandora Music as it’s compatible with Chromecast, and it gives you access to a number of radio stations. You can use it to discover new artists or enjoy your favorite playlists.
How to Cast Your Screen with Chromecast?
Casting your screen can be useful if you’re using your phone as a photo or a video library, and if you don’t want to pass your phone around, you can just cast it on the TV screen. Here’s how to cast your phone to another screen:
- Make sure your android device is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Chromecast.
- Open the Home app on your phone.
- Tap the device where you want to cast your screen.
- Tap “Cast my screen,” and when everything is connected, tap “Cast screen.”
- When you want to stop, you just need to tap “Stop Mirroring.”
How to Link Your Smart Speakers to Chromecast?
Google Home can help you transform your home speakers into a powerful loudspeaker system with its speaker groups feature. You can connect all your home speakers for playing your favorite song, podcast, and everything else.
If you want to try it, here’s what you should do:
- Open the Home app and click on the “+” sign.
- Find the “Add to” option and tap the “Create speaker group.”
- Select all the speakers you want to connect (all of them must be compatible) and tap “Next.”
- Give your speaker group a name.
- Click on “Save” and all of your devices are now connected.
How to Set Up Routines in Google Home App?
Routines exist in everyone’s life. That’s why Home app has a specific feature to manage them with simple commands. There’s six presets, and they’re called:
- Good morning
- Leaving home
- I’m home
- Commuting to work
- Commuting home
Of course, all of these presets can be renamed and changed to reflect your daily routine. You can also assign particular actions to a specific device. For example, when you’re commuting, your phone can set reminders and alarms. Here’s how you manage routines:
- Open Home app.
- Tap “Manage routines.”
- Find the “+” option and add commands or actions for your routines.
Make Your TV Smarter
Now that you know more about the Chromecast app for Android and how you can use the Home app, you can personalize your home environment to suit your needs. Whether setting up new routines, learning new languages, or playing your favorite radio around the house, Google Home can support your choices while making certain home appliances smarter than before.
What do you use Chromecast for? Is there an app that you would need to have on your Chromecast?
Let us know in the comments section below!
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
One thought on “What App Do You Need to Use Chromecast with Android?”
Comments are closed.