How to Clear Your Cache on Hulu
If you are a Hulu user, you might have noticed that their content is only getting better. Shows like The Handmaid’s Tale, Castle Rock, or Shill are captivating audiences around the world. But imagine if something were to prevent you from enjoying your favorite Hulu originals?
Sometimes, due to the corruption of cached files, Hulu won’t stream as well. You might even get an error message informing you that you need to clear your browser cache and restart it. In this article, you’ll see how to clear cache in every browser, and the Hulu app.
Clearing Browser Cache
One of the most popular ways to watch Hulu is via the browser. All you need to do is log into your account and pick the show or a movie you want. But to make sure that your browser is at its best, it’s essential to clear the cache quite regularly.
But it’s something everyone forgets, until there’s a problem, of course. Here are the steps to clearing cache for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari:
The process for Chrome is the same whether you’re using it on a Mac or Windows computer, and it goes:
- Select three vertical dots in the top right corner of Chrome.
- Select “More tools.”
- Select “Clear browsing data…”
- You can select the period. If you want to delete all cache, choose “All time.”
- Select the box that says, “Cached images and files.”.
- Select “Clear data.”
If your browser of choice is Firefox, the process is very similar and. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Firefox menu.
- Click “History.”
- Click “Clear Recent History…”
- Select “Everything” for the time range.
- Check the “Cache” box (no need to check anything else.)
- Select “Clear Now.”
After you’ve cleared cash, it’s probably best to restart Firefox. That way, the changes will apply immediately.
For all the Mac users that are struggling with streaming Hulu, clearing cache on Safari is super easy. Just follow these steps:
- From the menu, select “Safari.”
- Choose “Preferences.”
- Choose the “Privacy Tab.”
- Select “Manage Website Data.”
- Select “Remove All.”
- Select “Remove Now” and confirm.
Now you know how to clear cache from all major browsers that support Hulu. In case the problem re-occurs, it probably means that you need to do it again.
Clearing Cache on Android Devices
To watch Hulu on your Android device, you first need to download it from the Play Store. But if you’re having issues with it on your phone or tablet, you can quickly clear cache and data.
For most Android devices follow these steps:
- Go to your device Settings and then open Apps.
- Scroll and tap on the Hulu app.
- Select “Storage” and then “Clear Cache.”
- You can also select “Clear Data” to optimize the app even further. Just keep in mind that this will erase your login info.
You can clear the cache on Android TV as well. The process is very similar to the mobile app. Just go to Settings>Application>Hulu and click on “Clear Cache.”
Clearing Cache on iOS Devices
When it comes to iPhone and iPad, it is best to check how much storage Hulu is currently using. And then, to free up space, reinstall the app. Here’s how you do that:
- Go to your home screen and select the Hulu app. Press and hold until you see “X.”
- Press again and then select “Delete.”
- Find Hulu again in the App Store and install it on your device.
After that, re-open Hulu and see if your streaming experience is uninterrupted. As far as Apple TV goes, the situation is the same. The only way to get rid of cache files is to delete and download the app again.
Browser and App Hygiene
Clearing your Cache files can seem like a chore, and that’s why most people forget to do it. But it is vital for maximizing the speed and performance of your devices and apps. Also, if you’re using a public network, it becomes a matter of maintaining your security online.
If your Hulu app lags or won’t work, clearing cache in your browser will likely fix the minor bugs. Plus, reinstalling the app from time to time will burden your device even less.
Have you ever had to clear Hulu Cache before? Have you ever reinstalled the app? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.