How to Connect Bose Headphones to a Windows PC
Bose Headphones are a famous brand that allows you to connect the headphones to multiple devices. You’re not restricted to your phone. Hence, many use these headphones while gaming, streaming, or talking over their Windows PC.
But before you can do all of that, you have to connect the headphones to your PC. In this article, we’ll walk you through the necessary steps to connect Bose headphones to a Windows PC.
How to Connect Bose Headphones to a Windows 11 PC
When you connect a Bose to a PC, you’ll find that the process is more involved than with a wired headphone. First, you have to pair the headphones with your Windows 11 PC. To do so, follow these steps:
- Push the power switch to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it until you hear the instruction “ready to pair.”
- Put your Bose headphones within 3-6 feet of your computer after releasing the button.
- Take a look at the taskbar’s right-hand side for the Bluetooth icon (if yours is located at the bottom of the screen). Add a Bluetooth device by clicking on it.
- Add Bluetooth or other devices and choose “Bluetooth” from the drop-down menu.
- Let the list of devices fill in for a few seconds before proceeding.
- Other PCs, cellphones, and even smart TVs will appear on the list. There are two symbols for Bose headphones while the headset is in “pairing” mode. It’s essential to make sure that you choose the headphone symbol rather than a phone or screen icon before the connecting process can begin.
- Once the pairing is complete, look for the speaker icon on the taskbar on the right. A new window will pop up with a list of available names. Simply select the one you want and click “Open.” A list of available output devices will be shown.
The output device should be your Bose headphone. Changing the volume is also a good idea at this point. Now that the headphones are paired, connecting is easy. As long as your Windows 11 PC has Bluetooth turned on, and the Bose headphones are in use, it will automatically pair them with your device.
How to Connect Bose headphones to a Windows 10 PC
- Press and hold the power switch next to the Bluetooth icon until you hear the message “ready to pair.”
- After releasing the button, place your Bose headphones within 3-6 feet of your computer.
- Locate the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar’s right-hand side (if yours is located at the bottom of the screen). By clicking on it, you may add a Bluetooth device.
- Select “Bluetooth” from the when adding Bluetooth or other devices.
- Wait a few seconds for the list of devices to appear before continuing.
- Additional personal computers, smartphones, and even smart TVs will be added to the list. While the headset is in “pairing” mode, there are two icons for Bose headphones. Before the connection procedure can begin, it is critical that you choose the headphone symbol rather than a phone or screen icon.
- Once the pairing process is complete, locate the speaker icon on the right-hand taskbar. A new window with a list of possible names will open. Simply click “Open” on the one you want. A list of all accessible output devices is displayed.
Your Bose headset should serve as the output device. Connecting is simple now that the headphones have been linked. As long as your Windows 10 PC’s Bluetooth is enabled and the Bose headphones are used, the headphones will automatically connect with your device.
How to Connect Bose Headphones to a Windows 7 PC
- Hold down the power switch next to the Bluetooth symbol until you hear the message “ready to pair.”
- Once the button is released, position your Bose headphones within 3-6 feet of your computer.
- Go to “Start” and then “Devices and Printers.”
- Right-click your PC on the list and choose “Bluetooth settings.”
- Check the “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer” checkbox in the Bluetooth Settings window, and then click “OK.”
- Then go back and select “Add Device.”
- Select your headphones.
- Once the pairing procedure is complete, navigate to the right-hand taskbar and select the speaker icon. A new window will open with a list of potential names. Click “Open” on the one you want. You will then be presented with a list of all accessible output devices.
As long as Bluetooth is enabled on your Windows 7 PC and the Bose headphones are used, the headphones will automatically connect to your device.
How to Connect Wired Bose Headphones to a PC
Even Bose headphones are wireless, a cable can be used. When it comes to the type of cable, you may choose either an aux or a USB one. A cable connection can be a lifesaver when the Windows PC doesn’t have Bluetooth or your Bose headphones’ battery is empty.
Almost all Bose headphones include an aux/USB cable in the packaging. You can get one on Amazon or in a local shop if you don’t have one. The cables range in price from $5 to $10, but you must select one that is compatible with your headphones.
It’s as simple as plugging one end of an aux or USB cable into your PC’s audio input or USB port and a pair of headphones, and you’ll be ready to go.
Drivers for wired headphones are pre-installed in the newer versions of Windows operating systems. Because of this, you don’t have to bother about installing any additional components.
Is there a Bose connect app for Windows PCs?
Bose Connect app is not available. Thus, you won’t be able to use app-exclusive features like the auto-off timer, controllable noise cancellation level, voice commands, and battery readings. Bose Connect also allows you to upgrade your headphones’ software, although you can do the same with a Windows PC.
What can I do if my headphones are not connecting?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you try to connect your headphones to your PC that could be causing your connection issues:
• Connect your Bose headphones by clicking on the appropriate icon on your computer’s desktop. A headset symbol and an LE- prefix are both possible names for your Bluetooth headphones in the Windows 10 Bluetooth device list. Windows will know you’re using a sound output device if it sees the headset/speaker icon.
• Check to see if your Windows support Bluetooth audio. Older Windows systems may only be able to use Bluetooth for mice or keyboards, but not for audio. It’s possible that before utilizing your wireless headphones, you’ll need to purchase an external Bluetooth audio adaptor.
• You can check the audio output device for any errors. This is especially important if your PC has two or more audio output devices.
Enjoy Your Bose Headphones
Your Bose headphones will sound better when you connect them to your laptop or desktop computer with a stable connection. There may be various third-party solutions to overcome any issues with using the Bose Connect app on Windows. However, please do your research before trying them out.
Which Bose headphones do you have? Have you ever had issues connecting them to your Windows PC? Let us know in the comment section below!
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.