How to Create AI Art With Stable Diffusion
While the idea of AI-generated art sounds fun, most tools only give you a taste of their real potential before you need to subscribe. However, a brand-new machine learning model bucks the trend – Stable Diffusion. It not only allows users to create as many images as they want, but it does so locally.
So, what’s stopping you from trying this incredible model yourself? Here’s how to create AI art with Stable Diffusion on Windows and a Mac.
TinyWow AI Image
Along with other AI image services, we present our TinyWow AI image service tool. AI image generators have exploded into popularity among artists and users of cutting-edge technology. The implementation of these programs has had an effect on the workflow of many creative industries.
The built-in artificial intelligence uses the existing style and visual elements of the source image. These include reflections, shadows and textures that AI uses to maintain the mood of the picture. Adding a new feature to the existing picture will preserve it in its original context.
Try a simple prompt such as “The grand canyon, pixel style, very detailed illustration by Jesper Esjing and Makoto Shinkai”. Find out if you are disappointed with the results.
Let’s go and find out on how to use TinyWow AI Image works.
- Open your favorite browsers and search for TinyWow.com.
- Hover your mouse to “Image” and click “AI Image Generator.”
- Type the simple prompt for example “The Grand Canyon, pixel style, highly detailed illustration by Jesper Esjing and Makoto Shinkai.“
- Click “Generate Image.”
- It won’t take long, wait for the image to process.
- Once you have the desired AI image, click “Download” and it will automatically save to the downloaded file from your computer.
What Is Stable Diffusion?
Stable Diffusion is an open-source text-to-image AI art generator model you can run on your PC locally. With a one-click installer, the app is easy to get up and running. Once it’s installed, users can start generating photorealistic images by simply inputting text-based prompts.
Unlike AI art generators, like Midjourney which merely requires a Discord account, Stable Diffusion has a few hardware requirements to run smoothly. It won’t run on average laptops, let alone your phone. Your computer needs to have a decent GPU and enough free space for this demanding app.
That said, Stable Diffusion can run on both Windows and Mac devices. The process of installing the generator on the two systems differs slightly. Here’s how to download, install, and run Stable Diffusion on your device.
How to Create AI Art With Stable Diffusion on a Windows PC
At the time of writing, the easiest way to install Stable Diffusion is by using GRisk’s Stable Diffusion interface. This method doesn’t require any technical know-how, and the app will be ready to use within minutes.
Nevertheless, your PC needs to fulfill a few requirements in order to run Stable Diffusion smoothly. Here are the boxes the device needs to check:
- Windows 10 or 11 operating system
- At least 4 GB of VRAM (6 GB recommended)
- A minimum of 10 GB of free space
To install Stable Diffusion on your Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Go to GRisk’s website.
- Scroll down until you find a red “Download” button and download Stable Diffusion GRisk GUI 0.1.
- Your PC will download a Zip file. Right-click the file and extract the folder inside.
- Open the folder you just extracted and find the .exe file for the app.
- Run the .exe file and wait for the user interface to load. It may take a few seconds.
You’ll be faced with a terminal window and a small user interface window. You’ll use the latter to generate your image files. To create your first AI image, do the following:
- Type a prompt into the empty box on the user interface.
- Define where you want to save your image by clicking on the “Output Folder” button.
- Set the resolution you want your image to be.
- Hit the “Render” button to start the creation process.
You’ll see your request loading in the terminal window. The rendering speed will depend on the size and detail of the image and your PC’s capacities. Once the rendering is finished, you’ll find the unique image the app generated in the output folder you defined earlier.
You can repeat the process with the same prompt to get more iterations of the image. Once you’re satisfied with the result, you can also use another program to upsize or edit the image as you wish.
How to Create AI Art With Stable Diffusion on a Mac
If you have an M1 or M2 Mac, you can try your hand at generating AI art with Stable Diffusion. The easiest way to get started with the app on a Mac device is by using an installer called Diffusion Bee. This is a simple one-click installer that doesn’t require technical knowledge.
Nevertheless, before getting started, make sure your device fulfills the following criteria:
- M1 or M2 chip
- macOS Monterey 12.5.1 or later
- At least 8 GB of RAM (16 GB is highly recommended)
- 10 GB of free storage space
Follow the steps below:
- Head to GitHub and download the Diffusion Bee interface.
- Drag the downloaded file into your Applications folder to install it.
- Run Diffusion Bee. The app will download two machine-learning models for you, which can take a few minutes.
- Wait until the model loads. You’ll see a simple interface with a text field and a “Generate” button.
- Type a prompt into the empty field.
- Adjust the image parameters if you wish by pressing the “Advanced options” button.
- Click on the “Generate” button and wait for the rendering to load.
- When the image is done, hit the “Save Image” button.
- Name your file and select a folder to save it.
Congratulations! You just created your first AI-generated image. You can repeat the process as many times as you want, tweaking the prompt, image size, and level of detail according to your preferences.
AI Art Generation Made Easy
Using Stable Diffusion with the interfaces mentioned above makes the process extremely user-friendly. As long as your PC can handle the task, there are no limits to what you can do with this incredible free tool.
Have you tried Stable Diffusion yet? What was your impression of this AI art generator? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below.