How To Create Custom Stickers for Telegram
They say, “A picture is worth a thousand words,” so it’s no wonder stickers have taken over our daily communication. The sheer volume and diversity of Telegram stickers alone might be enough for you to forget about other messaging apps. When you consider that Telegram lets you use your own stickers, it’s a clear winner.
Keep reading to learn how to create your custom Telegram stickers.
How to Create Custom Stickers for Telegram
Stickers can be a fun way to communicate with your friends, coworkers, and family. Although Telegram already offers an impressive array of choices, you might have some inside jokes that would be perfect for a sticker set.
The best thing about Telegram stickers is that anyone can make them. You don’t need a developer account, and there isn’t a lengthy review process. Just think of an idea and you can custom your sticker set by the end of this article.
Cover the Basics
Telegram stickers might be all about creativity and unique expression, but there are some guidelines you’ll need to follow. Before setting off on this custom-sticker adventure, you should familiarize yourself with the ground rules:
- Telegram stickers must be formatted as PNG files.
- They must have a transparent background.
- The size of the stickers must be 512 x 512 pixels.
- The sticker pack’s icon should be 100 x 100 pixels (the icon is optional).
- Each sticker should be created as an individual image file.
- There is no limit to the number of stickers in a pack.
- You can add new stickers to your pack even after publishing it.
- Telegram stickers can’t contain copyrighted material.
Telegram doesn’t run a copyright check when you upload your stickers. However, they can be removed for copyright infringement if the owner files a complaint. Generally speaking, quotes and images from popular media are copyrighted and should be avoided.
Design Your Stickers
Although Adobe Photoshop is the most popular image editing software, it requires a higher skill level and comes with a hefty price tag. If you’re skilled in graphic design, you can use this software to create fun stickers and promote your art on Telegram.
If you’re not as skillful, consider other beginner-friendly and free alternatives. Designing and uploading stickers is easier on your PC, so here are some tools you can use:
You can use one of the many third-party apps for creating custom stickers on your mobile phone. Some of the most popular choices are:
You can also remove the background from a PNG image you think could be a great sticker using tools like Adobe Express.
Contact the Telegram Sticker Bot
Once you’re satisfied with how your stickers turned out, the next step is to upload them to Telegram. You can do this by using the Telegram Sticker Bot. There are two ways to contact this handy tool:
- Follow the link to contact the Telegram Sticker Bot directly.
- Type “stickers” in the Telegram search bar and tap the “Stickers” bot when it appears.
When you start a conversation with the bot, you’ll see a list of commands you can use to control it. You can type:
/newpackto make a new PNG/WEBP sticker set.
/newanimatedto create an animated sticker pack.
/addstickerto add a new sticker to an existing set.
/replacestickerto replace a sticker in a pack.
/delstickerto delete a sticker from a previously published set.
/setpackiconto set a custom icon for your sticker pack.
/delpackto remove a set of stickers.
/cancelto cancel the previous command.
Apart from commands for creating and editing custom packs, you’ll be able to see stats about your stickers’ performance:
- The /stats command shows how many times a specific sticker has been used.
- The /top command displays the best-performing stickers in your pack.
- The /packstats command shows how many times a sticker set has been used.
- The /packtop command displays your most-used sticker sets.
Upload Your Telegram Stickers
Now that you’re familiar with the inner workings of the Telegram Sticker bot, it’s time to put it to use and upload your custom stickers.
- Type “
/newpack” into the message bar and tap the “Send” icon or hit “Enter.”
- Enter the name you’ve chosen for your custom set.
- Click the paperclip icon.
- Select “File” from the menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose “Gallery” to send images without compressing them.
- Check the sticker you want to upload and send it.
- Assign an emoji to the sticker using the emoji keyboard.
This helps the bot categorize the stickers, so use an emoji that describes the sticker well. You shouldn’t assign more than two emojis to a sticker.
- Repeat steps 3-7 for each sticker in your custom set.
- When your set is complete, type “
/publish” and send it.
If you’d like to add a custom icon to your sticker set, do the following:
- Tap the paperclip icon.
- Select “File” from the menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Press “Gallery” to send the image without compressing it.
- Find your custom icon and send it.
As having an icon is optional, you can skip this step by entering the “/skip” command. The first sticker you sent will become the icon by default.
The final step is to provide a short name for your sticker pack. Remember to type the name with no spaces. The Telegram Sticker Bot will use it to create a custom URL you can send to your friends and followers. The bot will ask you to choose a different name if the one you chose is taken.
When Telegram sends you the link, your custom sticker set has been officially created. Don’t forget that anyone on Telegram can see and use the stickers, so be mindful of any private content you might share.
Use Your Telegram Stickers
Now it’s time for the fun part – using your custom stickers. Follow these steps to add your custom set to your Telegram sticker collection:
- Click the link to your custom set provided by the Telegram Sticker Bot.
- Press “Add Stickers” to download the set.
Your custom set will pop up in your sticker keyboard, and you can use it like you would any other.
To share the fun with your friends and family, send them the link to download your set:
- Click the link to your custom set created by the Telegram Sticker Bot.
- Tap “Share.”
- Choose the contacts or the groups to send the stickers to.
What’s great about Telegram stickers is that you can add new sets by tapping on a sticker you like. As there’s no official Telegram sticker store, this might be the best way for your stickers to spread.
Stickers might convey your feelings better than a text message, especially when you’re the one who made them. This article has guided you through the process of making a custom sticker set. Now it’s up to you to get creative and have fun with your friends and family.
Do you use stickers on Telegram? Have you thought about creating a custom set? Let us know in the comments section below.