Does Cash App Work with PayPal? Nope!
Cash App is a popular payment app only available in the U.K. and U.S. It’s incredibly convenient to send others money using this app, as evidenced by its huge user base. However, some users also have to make do with a PayPal account since Cash App is not available in the region. The question then becomes of how to join the two apps together.
The answer to whether the two apps work with each other is a resounding no. Funds on one app are not available on the other by default. However, there are a few ways to work around this. Read on to find out what the following best solutions are.
Will Cash App Work with PayPal?
Currently, Cash App will not work with ATM cards, PayPal, and business debit cards. You will have to use alternate methods to transfer funds between the two apps.
According to the Cash App support page, it will only work with the following debit and credit cards:
- American Express
Cash App also supports many prepaid cards, though it won’t let users deposit funds to them. You can use the same card on these two apps to effectively share funds between them.
Use Your Bank Account
Both Cash App and PayPal will work with any bank account you have. Therefore, any money you send from Cash App to your bank account can then be transferred to your PayPal account balance.
There’s currently no direct link between the two services.
Cash App to PayPal
This section will teach you how to transfer money from Cash App to your bank account before moving it to PayPal. The process can take several days, unless you opt to send the money instantly for a small fee. Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch Cash App on your phone.
- Check your balance before sending.
- On the balance screen, select “Cash Out.”
- Enter the amount you want to send to your bank account.
- Proceed with the transaction.
It’s best to have some money in your bank account to cover the difference, as it can prevent unexpected errors and delays.
The standard transfer option on Cash App takes up to three business days, but it doesn’t cost anything. In contrast, you can get the money immediately by paying a transfer fee. We recommend doing so if the situation is urgent or you’re initiating the transaction near the weekends or holidays.
You can use the PayPal website or app to transfer the cash over when the money arrives.
Transferring funds via the website:
- Go to the PayPal official website and log in.
- Click on “Wallet.”
- Next, select “Transfer Money.”
- Pick “Add Money To Your Balance.”
- Choose the same bank account you’ve been using.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Click on ‘Add.”
Transferring funds via the PayPal mobile app:
- Launch the PayPal app on your phone and log in if needed.
- Tap on “Dashboard.”
- Tap again on your PayPal balance.
- Select “Add Money.”
- Pick your preferred method.
- Enter the amount.
- Proceed with the transfer.
You’ll need to wait three to five business days for both methods. Make sure your PayPal account doesn’t have any limitations placed on it, as this can lengthen the process.
PayPal to Cash App
Alternatively, you may want to transfer money from PayPal to Cash App.
Here are the steps required on a PC using an internet browser:
- Go to the PayPal official website.
- Log in to your account.
- Navigate to the “Wallet” page.
- Click on “Transfer Money.”
- Select “Transfer To Your Bank.”
- Click on “Next.”
- Enter the amount.
- Confirm the transaction by picking “Transfer $(value) Now.”
If you’re on your phone, use the app instead. Here’s how:
- Launch the PayPal app on your phone.
- Go to the dashboard.
- Tap on your PayPal balance.
- Select “Transfer” and “Add Money.”
- Choose a bank account.
- Tap “Next.”
- Choose an amount and then tap another “Next.”
- Confirm by selecting “Transfer $(value) Now.”
After some time, you should be able to send the money to Cash App. In the meantime, you should check that the money has arrived at your bank account before proceeding.
- Open Cash App on your device.
- Tap on the “Banking” tab on the app’s home screen.
- Pick “Add Cash.”
- Enter the amount you want.
- Select “Add.”
- Confirm using your PIN or Touch ID.
That said, this isn’t the only method you can use.
Use a Cash App Card for PayPal
The Cash App card is a debit card that lets you use your Cash App balance on PayPal. However, you can’t transfer any money to it. The Cash App card can only be issued to users older than 18, and delivery can take up to 10 business days.
Once it arrives, you can connect the card with your app. You’ll receive instructions with your card. Try to provide the most accurate information.
- Log into your PayPal account on your PC.
- Click on “Wallet.”
- On the left side of the page, select “Link A Debit Or Credit Card.”
- Enter the correct card details.
On mobile, here’s how it’s done:
- Launch the PayPal app.
- Tap the “+” icon near “Banks And Cards.”
- Select “Debit And Credit Cards.”
- Link the cards manually.
If you’re not a verified Cash App user, PayPal may not let you use the card. You must also be a verified PayPal user first. Make sure to activate the Cash App debit card first as well.
Does Cash App charge any fees?
No, Cash App doesn’t charge any fees for using the service. You can send and receive money without losing a cent, even after a long period of inactivity. However, you can choose to receive money faster by paying a transaction fee.
Can Amazon accept Cash App?
Yes, you can use Cash App for your Amazon purchases. It’s one of the options on the checkout page.
No Direct Links
At the time of writing, there is no direct service for transferring funds between the two services. Regardless, these methods should help you circumnavigate this setback.
Do you think PayPal and Cash App should be connected? What do you think about the Cash App card? Let us know in the comments section below.