How To Download Music in Deezer
Many music streaming apps allow you to listen to as many tracks as you please, but just a few will enable you to download them for offline listening. Deezer lets you download music and podcasts, among other audio materials. But, the privileges of doing so come with strings attached; you need to be a premium user to download the music. If you’re a free user, don’t be disheartened. We have something for you.
In this article, you’ll learn how to download music from your Deezer account, regardless of whether you’re a paid subscriber or not. Let’s dive right in.
How to Download Deezer Music on a PC
Deezer limits downloading music to paid users and students only. If you fall under these categories, downloading Deezer music is relatively straightforward. Here’s how to go about it:
- Launch your Deezer music app.
- Choose the playlist or album you’d like to download.
- Click on the download icon.
- Your album or playlist should start downloading immediately.
You can only download playlists and albums and not individual tracks. For that reason, ensure you have created a playlist before trying to download a song.
More importantly, go to “Settings” and turn on the “Offline Mode.” With this feature turned on, you can launch the app and listen to your favorite tracks even if you’re not connected to the internet.
While this method is relatively straightforward, it has one major setback. Even after downloading your favorite tracks, Deezer doesn’t allow you to play the music outside of the app. In fact, what you’ve just downloaded is a mere cache file of the music and not the music track itself.
This can be pretty limiting, especially if you want to transfer the music to other devices or listen to it using other audio players. For that reason, you might want to look into other third-party downloaders to get around this constraint.
How to Download Deezer Music on an Android
To download Deezer music using your Android app, you’ll first need a playlist. If you have a playlist, please skip to the next section. Otherwise, follow these steps to create one:
- Launch your Deezer app and ensure you are signed in to your premium account.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on the “Favorites” icon.
- Tap on the plus icon to create a playlist.
- Key in the name of your playlist and add a photo.
- Use the toggle buttons at the bottom of the screen to make your playlist private or collaborative.
- Tap on “CREATE” at the top left corner of your screen.
- Press the “ADD TRACKS” button.
- Select the tracks you’d like to add to your list by pressing the music icon beside each song.
Once you have your playlist set, do the following to download your music:
- Open the playlist and select the song you want like to download.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
- On the menu at the bottom, press “Download album.” Alternatively, you can tap on “Download playlist” to download the whole playlist.
How to Download Deezer Music on an iPhone
Downloading Deezer music on an iPhone is quite similar to Android. You just need to be a paid Deezer user. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Deezer music app.
- If you haven’t already, log into the app using your credentials.
- Navigate to “Favorites.”
- Tap on “Playlists.” If you don’t have a playlist already, tap on the plus icon to create one.
- Press the “ADD TRACKS” to add songs to your playlist.
- Select the tracks you’d like to add to your music by pressing the music icon beside each song.
- Open the playlist and select the song you’d like to download.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the menu at the bottom, press “Download album” or tap on “Download playlist” to download the whole playlist.
Can I Download Music Free?
If you’re not a paid Deezer subscriber, don’t lose hope. There’s still a way for you to download your favorite Deezer tracks without spending a dime.
As it is, countless third-party apps claim they can download Deezer music for free. But in the real sense, most of them just record the songs instead of downloading them. Consequently, you end up with a low-quality file that’s not enjoyable to listen to.
However, a few apps do an excellent job. For instance, Telegram is an app you can try if you want to download free Deezer music. Using APIs (Applications Programming Interface), developers can create Telegram bots that can communicate with other apps across the internet. These bots can perform tasks such as calculations and, in our case, download free music.
Here’s how to download Deezer music for free:
- If you haven’t already, download and install Telegram.
- Launch the app.
- On the search bar, type in “YouTube Spotify Deezer Downloader”. Alternatively, you can search for “@YouTube_Spotify_Deezer_Downloader”.
- Choose the first query result.
- Tap “START.”
- Type the name of the song you wish to download in the message box and press the “Send” icon.
- The bot will list all the songs with the query you keyed in.
- Press on the correct song to start the download. If you’re using a computer, wait for the track to load and click the “Download” icon.
- If you want to save the song to your device’s storage, click on the three dots beside it, then select “Save to Music.”
- If you’re on a computer, right-click on the song, and select “Save as.”
Hopefully, you can now successfully download Deezer music for free. On a side note, this method is handy if you’re in a region currently not supported by Deezer.
Note: The above method should solely be used for educational and personal use, not to pirate or redistribute music.
Downloading Music as an MP3
To download Deezer as an MP3, you might want to task a professional music downloader. There are many music downloaders on the internet, but this article will focus on DeeKeep as it’s arguably excellent at what it does. The app provides an intuitive interface that makes downloading Deezer music a snap. Here’s how to use the app to download your Deezer songs in MP3 format.
- Download and install the DeeKeep program on your computer to get started.
- Launch the app and click on “Open Deezer Music Web Player” to proceed.
- Click “Log in” at the top right corner of the screen.
- Complete the authentication process using your Deezer login credentials.
- On your DeeKeep dashboard, select the “Settings” icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the “Output Format” dropdown menu, select “MP3.”
- Choose your preferred bitrate from the “Bit Rate” dropdown menu. (The highest value is always preferred.)
- Customize the file’s download path and other organization preferences using the subsequent menus.
- Choose a playlist or album and click the “Add to list” icon.
- Checkmark all the songs you wish to download and click on “Convert.”
- Allow some time for your songs to finish downloading.
If you have many songs on the download queue, you can choose “Put system to sleep” from the “After Converting” dropdown menu, but this is optional.
Navigate to the file path you specified under your “Settings” to listen to your newly downloaded songs. Hopefully, you can now listen to your Deezer music offline and on any audio player. In addition, you can send your music to other devices as well.
Pros of Using DeeKeep for Downloading Deezer Music
- It offers high download speeds.
- It allows you to download your music in multiple formats, including AAC, WAV, and FLAC.
- It maintains the original audio quality of the files.
- You can use it to download both Premium and HiFi music.
Enjoy Offline Listening
Deezer allows you to download your favorite music, podcasts, albums, and playlists. While the download feature is limited, it’s redeemed by apps such as DeeKeep and Telegram that allow you to save the downloads to your local storage. Hopefully, you can now enjoy Deezer music with or without a subscription.
Have you tried downloading Deezer music? Which of the above methods or apps have you used? Please let us know in the comments section?