How to Enable Cookies on a Mac
Whenever you enable cookies in your web browser, a small piece of data from the website is stored on your computer as you browse.
The information saved is used to develop an understanding of your interests and to show you products you may like. Sometimes, cookies enable you to go straight into your frequently used accounts without signing in each time.
Some browsers save cookie information by default, and in others, you need to enable the option. Read on to learn how to enable cookies on your Mac via various browsers.
How to Enable Cookies on a Mac in Google Chrome
To enable cookies in Google Chrome, start by opening Chrome, then follow these steps:
- In the top right corner, click the three-dotted menu icon.
- From the pull-down menu, choose “Settings.”
- At the bottom of the browser, select “Advanced.”
- From the left sidebar, click “Privacy and security.”
- Select “Cookies and other site data.”
- Click on the “Allow all cookies” button to enable it.
From now on, cookie information will be stored on your computer whenever you visit a website.
How to Enable Cookies on a Mac in Safari
Safari is the default browser for all Apple devices. To enable your cookies, open the Safari browser and follow these steps:
- Click “Safari” from the menu bar, then “Preferences.”
- On the “General preferences” screen, select the “Privacy” tab.
- Uncheck the “Block all cookies” option to enable cookies in Safari.
- Close “Preferences” to save your changes.
- From the pull-down menu, choose “Settings.”
- At the bottom of the browser, click “Advanced.”
- In the left sidebar, select “Privacy and security.”
- Click “Cookies and other site data.”
- Choose the “Allow all cookies” option to enable it.
Your cookie data will be stored on your computer whenever you visit a website.
How to Enable Cookies on a Mac in Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is a popular open-source web browser. Open Firefox and follow these steps to change your cookie settings:
- At the top left corner, click the “Firefox” menu icon.
- From the pull-down menu, select “Preferences.”
- Choose “Privacy & Security” from the left sidebar.
- Click the “Custom” section to expand it, then uncheck the “Cookies” option to enable cookies.
The cookie information will now be saved on your computer when you browse the internet.
How Do I Clear My Cookies on Mac Chrome?
Here’s how to clear the cookie information in Chrome on your Mac:
Note: Deleting your cookie data might log you out of some websites.
1. Launch Google Chrome.
2. In the top right corner, click the three-dotted settings menu icon.
3. At the bottom of the page, choose “Advanced.”
4. Select the “Clear browsing data” section.
5. Beneath the “All cookies and site data” section, you can decide which cookies to remove based on options like a specific time range.
6. Click “Clear data” to remove cookie information.
To delete your cookies in Chrome using an iOS device:
1. Open Chrome.
2. Click on the three-dotted menu in the top right corner.
3. Tap “Settings” and then “Privacy.”
4. Select “Clear browsing data.”
5. Choose “Cookies, site data,” and deselect all other items.
6. Select “Clear browsing data,” then “Done.”
How Do I Clear My Cookies on Mac Safari?
Follow these steps to clear your cookie information in the Safari browser on your Mac:
Note: Removing your cookie information may sign you out of some websites.
1. At the top left corner of the toolbar, select “Safari” then “Preferences.”
2. Click on the “Privacy” tab.
3. Beneath “Block all cookies,” choose “Manage Website Data.”
4. Now, you can delete the information saved by particular websites by choosing a site and clicking “Remove” at the bottom of the window. Alternatively, to remove the information collected for all sites, choose “Remove all.”
5. When you’re finished, click “Done” in the bottom right corner.
To remove the cookie information in Safari on your iOS device:
1. Open the “Settings” app.
2. Select “Safari,” “Advanced,” then “Website Data.”
3. Choose “Clear history and website data.”
How Do I Clear My Cookies on Mac Firefox?
To remove the cookie information saved in Firefox via your Mac, open Firefox then follow these steps:
Note: You may be signed out of some websites after deleting your cookie information.
1. In the top right corner, select the hamburger menu.
2. Select the “Privacy” tab.
3. Choose “Clear your recent history.”
4. Ensure that only the “Cookies” option is selected.
5. Choose the time frame you want the cookies deleted. Select “Everything” to delete all cookies.
6. When you’re done, hit “Clear now.”
To delete the cookies in Firefox via your iOS device:
1. Launch the Firefox app.
2. From the top right corner, click the hamburger menu icon.
3. Choose “Settings,” then scroll down to “Privacy.”
4. Click “Clear private data.”
5. Make sure “Cookies” is the only option checked, then choose “Clear private data.”
With the “enable cookies” option selected; you’re allowing websites to save information about your browsing habits. This is useful for things like returning to a saved shopping cart or signing directly into accounts you’ve forgotten the passwords for. The option is usually found via “Privacy” in your browser and can be disabled at any time.
What do you think enabling your browser cookies will be helpful for? Let us know in the comments section below.