How To Fix Error Code 103 in Roblox
Roblox is a game that contains millions of player-created Experiences, which are creations of the community. With some creative freedom, the Roblox community can immediately hop from a CoD clone to something like Blox Fruits. However, there is a peculiar error code that sometimes appears.
Error code 103 is a code you may encounter for several reasons, but the solutions aren’t complicated. It’s mostly related to age-restricted content. Read on to learn more about this problem.
How to Fix Error Code 103 in Roblox
The message contains the following text:
“Unable to Join
The Roblox game you are trying to join is currently not available.
Error Code: 103”
Your only option is to accept the error and try a different game. However, your friends might be waiting for you in the game you couldn’t join. That’s when some of these fixes come in handy.
Some Roblox Experiences have an age limit that prevents children from joining. The solution is to create a new Roblox account that has an age of at least 18 years old. That way, you can access the content not allowed for an age-restricted account.
- Head to the Roblox site to create a new account.
- Enter your details.
- Confirm the birthdate you entered makes you at least 18 years old.
- Sign up and verify your new Roblox account.
- Try to join the multiplayer game you couldn’t enter before.
In most cases, this is why people cannot play certain games. The game developer has assets that aren’t safe for child consumption, so they slapped an age limit on their game. An adult account should have no problem accessing the Experience.
Change Xbox Child Account Settings
Sometimes it’s not Roblox’s fault, but you’re on an Xbox Child account. These accounts have features that keep children safe from harmful content. If you want to disable them, follow these steps.
- Boot your Xbox console and log in to your Parent account.
- Head to “My Games & Apps.”
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Scroll down and select “Family.”
- Pick the Child account you want to adjust.
- Go to “Privacy.”
- Allow the setting labeled “See Content Other People Make.”
- Save your changes.
- Switch to the Child account and try playing Roblox again.
Roblox Experiences are made by other gamers, so this Child safety setting usually prevents the account from entering these games. If changing the Roblox account age and Xbox Child account settings don’t work, it’s likely a network or data corruption issue.
Try Port Forwarding
As an online game, Roblox uses Network Address Translation features to connect to other servers. The latest routers already enable the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) feature, but older models may not. That results in error code 103.
There are two ways to port forward. One is for newer routers, and the other is for older devices.
- Gain access to your router’s settings.
- Log in if prompted.
- Look for your router’s settings menu.
- Enable UPnP under whatever category your router manufacturer placed it.
- Save your changes.
- Reboot the router and your Xbox.
- See if the error is gone.
If your router can’t enable UPnP this way, you’ll have to do so manually. Here’s how it’s done.
- Access your router settings.
- Enter your credentials.
- Head to the router’s settings menu.
- Look for the option to port forward.
- Enter “3074” for TCP.
- Enter “88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500” for UDP.
- Save these settings.
- Reboot your console and router.
- Launch Roblox and test if the error persists.
Port forwarding is known to address network issues. If this doesn’t resolve the error, it’s time to follow the next solution.
Power Cycle Your Xbox
There’s a chance your Xbox has some file corruption stored in the temp folder. This folder can be cleaned out by power cycling your console. Doing so also has the extra benefit of clearing the power capacitors and resolving some glitched firmware.
- Have your Xbox fully functional and not hibernating.
- Press and hold the Xbox button for 15 seconds.
- Wait for the LED and fans to turn off.
- Wait for at least a full minute before booting the console again.
- Wait for the Xbox to go through a longer startup process.
- Open Roblox and try joining a multiplayer game.
If the startup animation lasts at least five seconds, you’ll know you performed the power cycle correctly.
There are times when Roblox somehow didn’t install correctly on your Xbox. The only way to resolve this is by reinstalling the game. This is likely the last resort for eliminating error code 103.
- Press the Xbox button and enter the Guide menu.
- Head to “My Games & Apps.”
- Scroll down and select Roblox.
- Press the Start button.
- Select “Manage Game.”
- Choose the “Uninstall All” option.
- Wait for the game to be uninstalled.
- Reboot your Xbox and reinstall Roblox.
- See if Roblox lets you join multiplayer games now.
Can Error Code 103 Appear on Other Platforms?
Roblox is playable on mobile devices and PC. Therefore, there’s a chance it may appear on both these platforms. The probability isn’t too high, but you have to be prepared.
For PC users, the account change and port forward fixes can work. Uninstalling is also helpful if there is a deeper problem. However, some people still encounter the issue.
The only way for PC users to fix it is to use software that repairs their PC’s files. Follow that program’s instructions and try using Roblox again. System corruption can affect more than just Roblox.
Mobile users can also do the same. Nevertheless, this code is usually only found on Xbox. These users tend to access multiplayer games fine on PC or mobile.
Let Me Through
Roblox is a fun game that young gamers enjoy playing, but errors like this are not amusing in the slightest. These are the most effective solutions if error code 103 pops up on your Xbox. The cause is usually relatively trivial and can be addressed without much trouble.
Which of these solutions helped you play Roblox properly again? Do you know any other tricks? We’d like to hear from you in the comments section below.