How to Change the Default Font in Evernote
The world of note-taking has become quite competitive through the years, with new apps that offer a wide range of interesting features. Most can’t compare to the select favorites that people tend to use, especially Evernote, also known as the “king of notes.”
However, every feature-rich app comes with a few hidden ones that are always a bit obscure for the typical user. One of these features is changing the default font in Evernote. While some users may be perfectly fine with the default font, a few prefer to customize fonts for this app.
If you fall into the latter category, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to learn more about changing the default font in Evernote across various platforms.
How to Change the Default Font in Evernote on a PC
One of the most convenient things about Evernote is that it offers a PC version that you can download off their official website or log in through a web browser and access everything directly from there. If you’re an Evernote for PC user, customizing your app’s font is as easy as 1-2-3.
All you have to do is the following:
- Open a new blank document, or open an older one you’re already working on.
- On the top bar that sits right on top of the document, there are several editing tools like Insert,
Bold, Italic, and right in between those, there is a Font option.
- Click on the current font name displayed, and change it to whichever one you prefer.
How to Change the Default Font in Evernote on the iPhone App
Similar to the PC version, there are ways to change the fonts on the official iOS application. There was no way to do this in previous versions of this app, and people were trying to create lots of different workarounds.
Fortunately, the team at Evernote listened and provided a solution – and it’s a simple one. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Editing tab located near the top of the keyboard.
- Right next to the Insert button, there’s a letter “A” with three horizontal lines next to it. Select the text you’d prefer.
- Tap on the “A” button.
How to Change the Default Font in Evernote on an Android Device
There are several different workarounds for changing the font in your Evernote documents. However, Android devices have a few more options than other devices. It might be because the Android system is open-source, which allows for everything to be more customizable.
Even though changing the default font on Android devices is done similarly to the iOS app, there is a little more you could do to be creative with styling your notes and documents. The first way to change the font in Evernote is the following default method:
- On the Evernote app, open a new note.
- Tap on the letter “A” with the three horizontal lines next to it. This button is located right above the keyboard, on the Editing tab.
- A small window will pop up, and you can switch between fonts on the spot.
However, if you’d like to only change the font styling to a particular paragraph or sentence, here’s what you should do:
- Open a pre-existing note.
- Select the particular word, sentence, or paragraph that you’d like to style differently.
- Tap on the same letter “A” with the horizontal stripes right next to it. Style with the font of your liking.
If you’re not satisfied with the font selection of the app, you could try doing the following:
- Open any web browser app on your Android device.
- Look around different websites for different fonts that you might prefer to the ones offered on Evernote.
- Copy an excerpt of the text that is styled in the font you prefer.
- Open Evernote and paste that text in your new blank document or a note you’re already writing. It should be pasted with the font of your preference.
- The way to continue typing with that same font is to continue writing in the same line as the excerpt. You can delete the pasted text once you are finished writing, as the app will already pick up the font.
On Customizing and Aesthetical Value
Customizing your notes, documents, and schedules can be a beneficial routine for the working person who wants to get things done. From what you’ve read through above, you’ve learned about the different ways you can utilize the Evernote app to bring a higher aesthetical value to your work.
If you are a customization fanatic, using Evernote might be a good idea, and if you already use this service, now you know a little more about all the ways you can use it better to your advantage.
With all this said, would you try to spice up your notes in Evernote, or do you prefer sticking to the stock one? Let us know in the comments section below.