How to Add Peacock TV to a Firestick
Peacock TV, based in the U.S., lets users bypass broadcast, cable, and satellite TV and receive content with just an internet connection. The service features original NBC programming, as well as syndicated and original content.
On June 24 it was officially released on Amazon devices, giving users access to the Peacock TV app without having to sideload it.
In this article, we’ll cover how to add Peacock TV to your Firestick device. In addition, our FAQs section includes how to sideload Peacock TV if it’s not yet available in your region, and how to increase your privacy on Firestick.
How to Add Peacock TV to an Amazon Fire TV Stick
To add Peacock TV to your Amazon Firestick:
- From the Firestick Home screen, click on “Find” then “Search.”
- Enter a search for “Peacock TV” or use the voice option via your Firestick remote.
- From the suggestion list, click on “Peacock TV.” Beneath “Apps and Games,” you may need to scroll down a little to click “Peacock TV.”
- Next, select “Get” or “Download.”
- Peacock TV will now download and install.
- Once complete, open the app then begin streaming.
How to Update Peacock TV on a Firestick?
If your Peacock TV app is from the Appstore, it will update automatically. Ensure the “Automatic Updates” option is enabled in “Firestick Settings:”
- Go to “Firestick Settings,” “Applications,” “Appstore,” then “Automatic Updates” to enable it.
By default, it should be turned on.
If your Peacock TV app is sideloaded, you’ll get an error message and it will ask for an update. Uninstall it then do the following:
- On your Firestick remote, long-press the Home key.
- On the pop-up, select “Apps.”
- Locate and open the “Downloader” app.
- With your remote, select the URL text box and click it.
- Enter the following URL – “firesticktricks.com/peacock” – then “Go.”
- Wait a minute or two while the Peacock TV APK downloads to your Firestick.
- When prompted, select “Install” in the bottom right.
- Wait a few seconds for Peacock TV to install.
- Click on the “Done” prompt.
You now have the latest version of the Peacock app.
How do I sideload Peacock TV on a Firestick?
If the Peacock TV app is not available from the Amazon Store in your area, you can sideload it by installing the “Downloader” app, enabling apps from unknown sources, then sideload it onto your Firestick. Here’s how:
Downloader is the official app used to sideload applications onto Firestick. It’s available from the Amazon Store.
1. From the Firestick Home screen, click “Find” then “Search.” For older versions, click on the magnifying glass icon in the top left to open “Search.”
2. Enter “Downloader” then select it from the results.
3. In the next window select the “Downloader” icon/title.
4. Choose “Download” or “Get” to install “Downloader.”
Enable Apps From Unknown Sources
To allow app sideloading on Firestick you’ll need to “Enable Apps from Unknown Sources:”
1. From the Firestick Home screen, in the middle bar, click on the Settings” icon.
2. Click “My Fire TV.”
3. Open “Developer options.”
4. Select “Install Unknown Apps.”
5. In the results, select “Downloader” and ensure it says “ON.”
“Downloader” is now permitted to sideload applications onto your Firestick.
Sideload Peacock TV on Firestick
1. On your Firestick remote, long-press the Home key.
2. On the pop-up, select “Apps.”
3. Locate and open the “Downloader” app. When you first use “Downloader,” you’ll receive a few prompts, dismiss them to continue.
4. With your remote, select the text box.
5. Enter the following address – “firesticktricks.com/peacock” – then “Go.”
6. Wait a minute or two while the Peacock TV APK downloads to your Firestick.
7. When prompted, at the bottom right, select “Install.”
8. Wait a few seconds for Peacock TV to install.
9. Click on the “Done” prompt.
Is Peacock Free on Firestick?
Most of the Peacock TV content is available to stream for free. Users can access additional content including originals with either of the paid tiers.
Get the Hottest Content on Firestick
Peacock TV offers original and syndicated content from NBC and other sources by delivering it through the app directly from the internet. Now officially available on Amazon Firestick devices, the Peacock TV app is available in the Appstore to download and join your selection.
Have you started watching Peacock TV yet – if so, what do you think of it so far? What are some of your favorite streaming apps? Tell us what you think y about using Firestick in the comments section below.