How to Add Steps Manually on a FitBit
Fitbit is an excellent device for tracking everyday activities, exercise, sleep schedules, etc. Fitbit is usually worn as a smartwatch or a tracker on your wrist, but you can also install it on iOS and Android devices.
While this app was designed to track daily activities still in progress, it also allows you to manually log steps and other exercises after you’ve finished them. In this article, we’ll show you how to manually input data on the Fitbit mobile app.
How to Manually Log Steps on the FitBit iPhone App
The Fitbit app tracks everyday activities, such as walking, daily water, food intake, exercise, and much more. You can also monitor how many calories you burn daily, your heart rate, and your sleep schedule. All in all, Fitbit helps you create and maintain healthy routines that you can keep track of daily.
You can use FitBit smartwatches and trackers to monitor your current activity, and you can also download the FitBit app to your phone. What’s more, not only is FitBit compatible with iOS and Android devices, but you can also download it on PCs and Xboxes.
The Fitbit mobile app is the ideal alternative for those who can’t afford the FitBit watch. You can carry your phone with you when you go for a jog or take a walk. The MobileTrack feature will monitor movement in the same manner as the watch. What’s more, the app is free.
While you can use the app to track all of these activities, Fitbit also allows you to manually log exercises after a certain period. This feature is meant for those who forget to wear the device –they can use the app to update exercise information afterward. You can also use this feature when you want to log something that isn’t detected automatically.
While you can choose “Walk” for your exercise type, you can’t actually add the exact number of steps you’ve taken. On the other hand, you can add other types of information, such as the duration of your walk and the exact time and date of your walk.
To manually log exercises on the Fitbit app on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open the FitBit app on your iPhone.
- Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Tap on the “Today” tab on the bottom menu.
- Select the “+” icon next to the “Track your exercise” tab.
- Go to the “Log” tab at the top of the screen.
- Type in the exercise type.
- Select the start time and duration of the exercise.
- Add how many calories you burned.
Note: If you added “Walk” in “Exercise Type,” you can also fill out the “Speed,” “Pace,” and “Distance” fields.
- Tap the “Log it” button when you’re done.
When you return to your “Today” screen, you’ll see that your “Exercise” tab has been updated.
If you want, you can edit entries after you’ve saved them. You can do this by visiting the “History” tab on the Fitbit app. Not only can you edit the type of exercise, but the date, time, and duration as well. Remember that you can only do this on the FitBit app, not the FitBit watch.
You can also delete an exercise entry. This is also done in the “History” tab on the app.
How To Manually Log Steps on the FitBit Android App
The Fitbit app is also available in the Google Play store. Once you download it and set everything up, this is how you can use the manual log feature on your Android:
- Run the FitBit app on your Android.
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to the “Today” tab in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Beside the “Track your exercise” tab, tap on the “+” icon.
- From the exercise tracking page, go to the “Log Previous” tab in the app’s upper-right corner.
- Under “Exercise Type,” choose “Walking.”
- Under the “Start Time,” type in the exact date and time of your exercise.
- In the “Duration” tab, type in how long your exercise lasted.
- Add how many calories you burned.
- Select the “Add” button when you’re done.
When you go back to the home screen of your app, you’ll notice the exercise you added. As mentioned before, the only thing you can’t log manually is the number of steps you have taken. This is because steps can only be tracked in real time.
How to Add Manually Log Steps on Fitbit Web Browser
You can add steps on a web browser if you prefer to use your Mac or PC. Here’s what to do:
- Open a web browser and log into your Fitbit account. Then, click Log at the top.
- Click Activities and scroll down.
- Click the Walk icon. Then, input the details of your exercise.
There is always something new to learn about your FitBit. If you have more questions, keep reading!
How to Manually Log Steps on the FitBit app on Windows 10
While using the FitBit app on your phone is more convenient, you can also download it on a Windows 10 laptop or computer. This helps if you want to view the app on a bigger screen.
To manually log exercises on the Fitbit app on Windows 10, here’s what you need to do:
1. Launch the Fitbit app on your Windows 10.
2. Tap the “Exercise” tab on the dashboard.
3. Select the “+.”
4. Under “Exercise Type,” choose “Walk.”
5. Type in when you started your walk and how long it lasted.
6. Enter how many calories you burned.
7. Confirm the new data entry.
How do I manually remove or edit steps?
If you input inaccurate information or need to remove a workout, you can. Follow the steps above to open the Exercise tile and tap the three-dot icon (iPhone) or exercise (Android). Tap Delete exercise to remove it.
If you’re using an iPhone, you can edit the exercise by tapping Customize Exercise. Android users can tap the pencil icon to make edits.
Can I delete steps or floors on my Fitbit?
Unfortunately, you can’t delete individual steps or floors. But you can edit the exercise and make the steps or floors disappear. Change the activity to Driving. Then, choose the time to overlap the incorrect steps or floors.
Now, your Fitbit will remove those steps.
Keep Your FitBit App Updated
Just because you forgot to bring your FitBit watch or your phone during your walk doesn’t mean that it will go unrecorded. The Fitbit mobile app allows you to manually log your walk or any other type of exercise that might not have been automatically detected. Just keep in mind that you won’t be able to keep track of the exact number of steps taken.
Have you ever tried to log steps in the Fitbit app manually? Did you use the same method explained in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.