How to Give People Robux
If you’re feeling a little generous and want to donate Robux to your favorite player, it’s an easy process. Or at least, it should be.
Unfortunately, donating Robux on Roblox isn’t as simple as pressing a “donate” button, but players are crafty. They’ve developed a few ways to “give” people Robux without a dedicated button.
Find out more about donating Robux from your account and the different methods you can use to give Robux to other players.
Donate Robux to Your Friends
In a perfect world, you’d be able to share your Robux bounty with your friends with a simple button click. The world isn’t perfect, though, even the worlds you create on Roblox. If you want to donate Robux to your friends, you may have to jump through several hoops.
Luckily, there are a few ways to do it so you can pick a method that works for your situation:
Method 1 – Selling a Game Pass (PC only)
Methods 1 and 2 are great options if you want to donate Robux that you already have in your account. To do this, though, you need two Roblox accounts, presumably yours and a friend. Once you coordinate with the friend/recipient of the funds, these are the steps to “donate” Robux:
- Launch Roblox and log in.
- Select the “Create” tab.
- You should already have a game created because every Roblox account gets its own game automatically upon sign-up. It’s usually called, “[gamer tag]’s Place.”
- Click the gear icon to the right of the game.
- Choose “Create Game Pass” from the list of options in the drop-down menu.
- In the next screen, select any file on your computer with the “Choose File” button and upload it. It can be anything because this is just a placeholder.
- Name your Game Pass.
- (Optional) Write a description in the text box.
- Click the “Preview” button.
- Press the green “Verify Upload” button.
- You’ll see a message box appear saying, “Game Pass Successfully Created.”
- Go to the gear icon for the game again and open the drop-down menu.
- Select “Configure.”
- Select “Sales” from the options in the left menu pane.
- Toggle “ON” the feature for “Item for Sale.”
- Enter the price (how much you want to give) in the field. The recipient only receives 70% of the sale price and Roblox gets the rest. For example, if you want to give 100 Robux, you need to enter 143 Robux for the price.
- Click the “Save” button so that your Game Pass goes live.
- Send the link to your friend/recipient or have them find it on your games.
- Log into your Roblox account and search for the Game Pass or use your friend/recipient’s sale URL.
- Buy their Game Pass.
- “Donation” complete.
Keep in mind that this method doesn’t yield Robux right away. Roblox has a three-day “Pending Sales” period to transfer funds from one player to another.
Method 2 – Group/Group Funds (PC and Mobile)
Transferring Group funds is another way to “donate” funds to other players. It also works on the Roblox mobile app. You do need a Group with funds already in the account to take advantage of this method, though.
Here’s how to do it:
If you haven’t already, you need to create a Group. Check out the steps below to create one or go to your Groups page.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select “Groups.”
- Press the “Create Group” button.
- Fill in all the fields.
- Pay 100 Robux to start the new Group.
Once you have a Group, you (or recipient) need to create a game and then a Game Pass for it. However, you can bypass this step if you already have funds to distribute from the Group account.
- Click the “Create” tab from the Groups page.
- Select the “Group Creations” tab.
- Make sure you select the target group in the left menu pane.
- Press the green “Create New Game” button.
- Select “Baseplate” or any other type of game on the page. It doesn’t matter because it’s used as a placeholder for the Game Pass.
- Go to the right of your newly created game and press the gear icon.
- Select “Create Game Pass.”
- Upload a file using the “Choose File” button. It doesn’t matter what type of file you choose because this is just a dummy/placeholder Pass.
- Name the Game Pass.
- Press the green “Preview” button.
- Click on the green “Verify Upload” button.
- Once the Game Pass is created, go to the right of it and press the gear icon.
- Click on “Configure” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Sales” from the left menu pane.
- Toggle “Item for Sale” to the “ON” position.
- Set the price in the appropriate field.
- Press “Save.”
Robux Donor/You – Adding Funds to the Group Account
- Buy the new Group Game Pass using the sale URL or search for it on the sales page.
- Check to make sure the Robux is going into the Group funds by going to the Group Page.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the Group name.
- Scroll and select “Configure Group.”
- Select the “Revenue” and then “Summary” from the left pane menu.
- It’ll say “Pending” and take three days to appear in the Group’s funds.
Robux Donor/You – Donating Robux to Another Player
- Once it’s in the Group funds, go back to the “Revenue” option and select “Payouts.”
- Click “One-Time Payout.”
- Select the “Add Payout Recipient” button.
- Enter your friend/recipient’s name in the username field.
- Scroll and select the recipient’s name from the drop-down options.
- Press “OK” to continue. The recipient needs to be in your created Group, though. If you haven’t already added them, you’ll want to do it before going through these steps.
- Set the amount of Robux you want to payout to the recipient. You need to have enough funds in the Group account to cover the payout.
- Press the “Distribute” button.
- The recipient receives the payout instantly with no “pending” waiting time.
Method 3 – Buy Robux Gift Cards
If you have access to a credit card or don’t feel like doing all the steps in the methods described above, you can always buy a Robux gift card.
Gift cards are available at brick-and-mortar stores worldwide. Check out the following stores to pick up a card near you:
- Best Buy
- CVS Pharmacy
If you pick up a physical card, you’ll still need to send it to your recipient so that they can redeem it. For faster donations, digital cards are always an option. You can check out retailers like GameStop, Amazon, and Target for digital cards in different denominations.
You can also check out the official Roblox website to buy gift cards directly from the source. Gift cards come in pre-set values of $10, $25, and $50, but you can set a custom amount, too. Each gift card, regardless of where it’s purchased, comes with a free virtual item upon redemption of the gift code.
Robux Giving FAQs
Can You Just Give Robux to Your Friends Directly?
Yes, and no. Unfortunately, the answer isn’t a simple one.
You can buy digital gift cards and send them to your friends, or you can buy physical cards and send them via “snail mail.” However, you can’t transfer funds from your account to a friend’s Roblox account.
If you have an abundance of funds and you want to share the wealth, you can use one of the methods described above to “give” Robux to friends, directly from your account. The easiest way to “donate” funds is to do a “payout” from a Group account wherein you’re both members.
Spending the 100 Robux to create a new Group may be out of the question for some players, though. If that sounds like you, you can always ask the recipient/friend to create a Game Pass for you to “buy.” Using this method does come with some downsides like the three-day waiting time and the percentage that Roblox keeps for the sale.
Share the Wealth
Gifting other players with Robux is as simple as buying a gift card, but for some players that isn’t an option. If you have an abundance of Robux in your account or just don’t want to break out a credit card, there are workarounds to “donate” from your balance. The easiest way is to use a shared Group account, but you can always do the individual Game Pass sale if you’re willing to wait a bit.
What’s your favorite way to “donate” Robux to other players? Which methods have you tried? Tell us about it in the comments section below.