How to Give People Robux
In a perfect world, you could share your Robux bounty with your friends with a simple button click. The world isn’t perfect, though, including the worlds you create on Roblox. If you want to donate Robux to your friends, you may have to jump through several hoops.
Players have become crafty since donating Robux on Roblox isn’t as simple as pressing a “donate” button. They’ve developed a few ways to “give” people Robux without a dedicated button.
Yes, there are a few ways to do it. You can pick a method that works for your situation.
This article explains how to donate Robux from your account and describes the different methods to give Robux to other players.
Selling a Game Pass (PC only) to Donate Robux
Selling a Game Pass is a great option to donate Robux that you already have in your account. To do this, you need two Roblox accounts, presumably yours and a friend. Here’s what to do.
- In the recipient/friends account, launch Roblox and log in.
- Select the Create tab.
- You should already have a game created because every Roblox account gets its own game automatically upon sign-up. It’s usually called, [gamer tag]’s Place.
- Click the gear icon to the right of the game.
- Choose Create Game Pass from the list of options in the drop-down menu.
- On the next screen, select any file on your computer with the Choose File button and upload it. It can be anything because this is just a placeholder.
- Now, type a name for your Game Pass in the Game Pass Name box.
- Optional: Write a description in the Description text box.
- Click the Preview button.
- Press the green Verify Upload button.
- You’ll see a message box appear saying, Game Pass successfully created.
- Go to the gear icon (Settings) for the new game and open the drop-down menu.
- Select Configure.
- Select Sales from the options in the left menu pane.
- Toggle the Item for Sale feature to ON.
- Enter the price (how much you want to give) in the field. The recipient only receives 70% of the sale price, and Roblox gets the rest. For example, if you want to give 100 Robux, you need to enter 143 Robux for the price.
- Click the Save button so that your Game Pass goes live.
- Send the link to your friend/recipient or have them find it in your games list.
- In your Roblox account, search for the Game Pass or use your friend/recipient’s sale URL.
- Buy their Game Pass.
- The Robux donation is now complete.
Note: The above method doesn’t yield Robux right away. Roblox has a three-day “Pending Sales” period to transfer funds from one player to another.
Using the steps above, you create a Game Pass on the friend’s account that gives players Robux. You pay for Game Pass access with your Robux using your account, and the recipient gets 70% of it after Roblox fees.
Use Group Funds (PC and Mobile) to Donate Robux
Transferring Group funds is another way to “donate” funds to other players. It also works on the Roblox mobile app. You do need a Group with funds already in the account to take advantage of this method, though.
Create a Roblox Group
To use group funds to donate Robux to another player, you must have a group, and it must have funds available to donate.
If you already have a group, skip to the next section, Adding Funds to Your Roblox Group. If you already have funds in your group, double-skip to Donate Group Funds to a Specific Player.
- If you haven’t already, you need to create a Group. On mobile, click on the horizontal ellipsis (three horizontal dots) in the bottom-right corner of the screen. For PC, Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner.
- On mobile, scroll down and select Groups. For PC, choose Groups from the list.
- Tap on the Create Group button on mobile or PC.
- Fill in all the necessary fields.
- Pay 100 Robux to start the new Group.
- Now, you need to create a game and a Game Pass on your PC. If you need to add funds to the Group account, skip to Step 23. If you have funds available, skip to Step 29. Otherwise, click the Create tab from the Groups page.
- Now, select the Group Creations tab.
- Make sure you select the target group in the left menu pane.
- Press the green Create New Game button.
- From here, select Baseplate or any other type of game on the page. It doesn’t matter because it’s used as a placeholder for the Game Pass.
- Go to the right of your newly created game and press the gear icon.
- Now, select Create Pass from the drop-down menu.
- Upload a file using the Choose File button. It doesn’t matter what type of file you choose because this is just a dummy/placeholder Pass.
- Name the Game Pass.
- Press the green Preview button.
- Click on the green Verify Upload button.
- Once the Game Pass is created, go to the right of it and press the gear icon.
- Then, click on Configure from the drop-down menu.
- Select Sales from the left menu pane.
- Toggle Item for Sale to the ON position.
- Set the price in the appropriate field.
- Press Save.
Adding Funds to Your Roblox Group
Now that you have a Roblox Group Game established, you need to add funds so you can give them to the other player to basically donate your Robux.
- Add funds from your account to the Group Game as the donor. Buy the new Group Game Pass using the sales URL or search for it on the sales page.
- Check to ensure the Robux is going into the Group funds by going to the Group Page.
- Click on the horizontal ellipsis (three horizontal dots) to the right of the Group name.
- Scroll and select Configure Group.
- Select Revenue and then Summary from the left pane menu.
- It’ll say Pending and take three days to appear in the Group’s funds.
Add a Roblox Player to Your Group Game
Now that you have a Group Game established with funds ready to pass out, you need to add the person to the group so you can donate Robux from the group to them. You’ll need to have them request access to the group first.
- Go to the Roblox homepage/profile page.
- On mobile, click on the horizontal ellipsis (three horizontal dots) in the bottom-right corner of the screen. For PC, click on the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) in the upper-left corner.
- On mobile, scroll down and select Groups. For PC, choose Groups from the list.
- Tap or click on your existing group.
- On your group page, click on the horizontal ellipsis (three horizontal dots) in the upper right section, then choose Configure Group.
- Click on Members. then select Requests.
- Find the person’s profile and click on Approve. They must have requested access, or they won’t appear.
Now, your friend is a member of the group, and you can continue the Robux donation process.
Donate Group Funds to a Specific Player
Now that you have a Group Game established with funds ready to pass out, and you have approved your friend’s request to become a member of your group, you need to payout Robux to them.
- Donate your added Group Game funds to the chosen player. Go back to the Revenue option and select Payouts.
- Now, click One-Time Payout.
- Then select the Add Payout Recipient button.
- Enter your friend/recipient’s name in the username field.
- Scroll and select the recipient’s name from the drop-down options.
- Press OK to continue. The recipient needs to be in your created Group, though. If you haven’t already added them, you’ll want to do it before going through these steps.
- Set the amount of Robux you want to pay out to the recipient. You need to have enough funds in the Group account to cover the payout.
- Press the Distribute button.
- The recipient receives the payout instantly with no pending waiting time.
Buy Robux Gift Cards
If you have access to a credit card or don’t feel like doing all the steps in the methods described above, you can always buy a Robux gift card.
Gift cards are available at brick-and-mortar stores worldwide. Check out the following stores to pick up a card near you:
- Best Buy
- CVS Pharmacy
If you pick up a physical card, you’ll still need to send it to your recipient so that they can redeem it. For faster donations, digital cards are always an option. You can check out retailers like GameStop, Amazon, Best Buy, and Target for digital cards in different denominations.
You can also check out the official Roblox website to buy gift cards directly from the source. Gift cards come in pre-set values of $10, $25, and $50, but you can set a custom amount, too. Regardless of where it’s purchased, each gift card comes with a free virtual item upon redemption of the gift code.
Robux Giving FAQs
This section will teach you more about gifting Robux.
Can You Just Give Robux to Your Friends Directly?
Yes, and no. Unfortunately, the answer isn’t a simple one.
You can buy digital gift cards and send them to your friends, or you can buy physical cards and send them via “snail mail.” However, you can’t transfer funds from your account to a friend’s Roblox account.
If you have an abundance of funds and you want to share the wealth, you can use one of the methods described in the article to “give” Robux to friends, and you can do it directly from your account. The easiest way to “donate” funds is to do a “payout” from a Group account wherein you’re both members.
Spending the 100 Robux to create a new Roblox Game Group may be out of the question for some players, though. If that sounds like you, you can always ask the recipient/friend to create a Game Pass for you to “buy.” Using this method does come with some downsides, like the three-day waiting time and the percentage that Roblox keeps for the sale.
In closing, gifting other players with Robux is as simple as buying a gift card, but that isn’t an option for some players. If you have an abundance of Robux in your account or don’t want to break out a credit card, the “long-winded” processes in this article are workarounds to “donate” from your balance. The easiest way is to use a shared Group account, but you can always opt for the individual Game Pass sale if you’re willing to wait a bit.
What’s your favorite way to “donate” Robux to other players? Which methods have you tried? Tell us about it in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
18 thoughts on “How to Give People Robux”