How to Set Up Email with GoDaddy
If you have a GoDaddy workspace and your own domain, it makes sense to set up an email address to match. This makes your business look professional and leaves a branded imprint. Fortunately, GoDaddy allows you to set up an email account easily, with tools like tasks, calendars, and contacts. Better still, it’s a relatively straightforward process across multiple devices.
In this article, we’ll show you how to set up an email account on GoDaddy.
Setting Up Your GoDaddy Workspace Email
Before setting up your email on all your devices, you have to set it up in GoDaddy.
- Sign into your Workspace Control Center with your GoDaddy username and password.
- Click on “create,” which is located at the top of your email address list.
- Choose “email,” and type in your email account details.
- Input and confirm your password.
- Click on “create.”
Once you’ve done so, wait a few minutes for GoDaddy to set up your email address. When it’s complete, you’ll receive confirmation.
Setting Up Your GoDaddy Email on Android
You can add your GoDaddy Workspace email account in your Outlook account on an Android phone by doing the following:
- Open your Outlook app on your Android phone.
- Click on “Get Started” if you are a new user.
- For those who have an existing outlook account, open settings, tap on “Add Account,” then tap on “Add email account.”
- Click on “IMAP.”
- Put in your GoDaddy Workspace email account details.
- Click on the tick mark and Outlook will find your account information and load your emails.
Setting Up GoDaddy on iPhone and iPad
To add your GoDaddy Workspace email account to your Outlook account on an iPhone or iPad, do the following:
- Open your Outlook app.
- Click on the menu, then choose “settings.”
- To add your GoDaddy email account, tap on “add mail account.”
- Put in your GoDaddy Workspace email account details and then click on “Add account.”
- Next, type in your GoDaddy Workspace password, your name and a description.
- Lastly click on “sign in” and all your email settings will be automatically loaded.
Setting Up GoDaddy Gmail Account on Android
Here’s how to add your GoDaddy Workspace email account in your Gmail account on your Android phone:
- Open your Gmail app on your phone.
- If you don’t already have an account, click on “add an email address.”
- If you already have an account, click on your “profile,” which will be found in the top right corner, and click to add another account.
- Under set up email, click on “other.”
- Put in your GoDaddy Workspace email address and click on “next.”
- Click on Personal “IMAP” as your account type.
- Input your password and tap “next.”
- Where it says “server,” input “imap.secureserver.net” and click on “next.”
- Where it says “SMTP” server, input “smtpout.”
Setting Up GoDaddy Mail in Windows
You can add your GoDaddy Workspace email account to Mail in Windows by doing the following:
- Open the “mail” app from the start menu on your computer.
- If you have used the app already, click on “settings,” then choose “manage accounts.”
- If you have not used the app before, click on “add account.”
- Choose “other” account
- Input your GoDaddy Workspace email address, your name and your password.
- Then click on “sign in” and your server will automatically load all your account information and emails.
Setting Up GoDaddy Email on Mac
You can add your GoDaddy Workspace email account to Mail on Mac by doing the following:
- Open the “Mail” app on your computer.
- Choose a “mail account provider ”if you have not used the Mail app before.
- If you are already using the Mail app, click on “main,” then click on “add account.”
- Choose a “mail account provider.”
- Click on “other” mail account then continue.
- Input your GoDaddy Workspace email account details.
- Click on “sign in,” and input the mail server settings then click on “sign in.” For the incoming email server, “input imap.secureserver.net.” For the outgoing email server input “smtpout.secureserver.net.”
- Click on “done” and Mail will find and add your account settings and load your emails.
Setting Up GoDaddy Email on Thunderbird
You can add your GoDaddy Workspace email account to Thunderbird by doing the following:
- Open “Thunderbird.”
- Click on “email,” in “set up an account.”
- Input your name and GoDaddy Workspace email account details.
- Click on “continue.”
- Click on “IMAP” and then click on “done.”
Set Up a Recovery Email for Your GoDaddy Workspace Account
If you lose or forget your password, you’ll need a way to be able to access your GoDaddy Workspace email account. In that respect, setting up a recovery email is essential. All new users are able to set up their recovery mail as soon as they sign up to Webmail.
If you want to add another recovery email or to edit your current one, you can do so from the Workspace Control Centre. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to your Webmail, and input your GoDaddy Workspace email account details.
- Click on “sign in.”
- A “secure your account page” comes up, in that page input your recovery email address.
- Click on “save” and “continue.”
Here’s how to edit your existing recovery email address:
- Go to GoDaddy Workspace Control Center.
- Input your GoDaddy email account details.
- Click on “sign in.”
- Click on “edit” in the email address list.
- Input your new recovery email address then click on “save.”
How to Sign In to Your Workspace Webmail
Naturally, you’ll want to access your workspace from Webmail from time to time. This is what you need to do:
- Go to “Webmail.”
- Input your email account details. (These details are not your GoDaddy login details).
- Click on “sign in” and you’ll be able to access your inbox.
Easy Email Access to GoDaddy
Email is one of the most popular ways customers contact businesses. Owning your website domain name makes it easy for you to create a professional email address with GoDaddy’s Workspace using whatever name you prefer. When customers contact your business, they expect a speedy response, and having your GoDaddy email set up on all your devices makes it easy to access your emails on the go. Whether you use mail apps on your phone, tablet or laptop, you’re contactable wherever you are and won’t miss important emails.
Did you find it easy to add an email account to your GoDaddy Workspace? Did you use any of the tips and tricks outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.