How To Set Up GoDaddy Email on an iPhone
Part of GoDaddy’s web hosting service is the provision of customized email accounts. This allows users to create addresses that match their domain names. If you’re often out of the office and prefer getting your work messages on your smartphone, then you might consider setting up the GoDaddy email account on your device. This makes the process of communicating with clients quicker and more convenient.
In this article, we’ll look at setting up your GoDaddy email account on your iPhone.
How to Set Up GoDaddy Email Account on an iPhone
You can set up your customized GoDaddy email account on your iPhone. However, you’ll need to know your POP or IMAP email server settings before you do so. These are protocols used to retrieve emails from the server. They can be accessed through GoDaddy’s Email Setup Center.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Webmail account.
- Navigate to the Help menu and tap “Email Setup Center.”
- Scroll to “Email Server Settings” and locate the incoming and outgoing server settings.
- Note down the details of your POP or IMAP server.
You now have the POP and IMAP server details, and you can proceed to set up your email account on your iPhone. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Press “Mail,” “Account,” then “Add Account.”
- Input your GoDaddy email account details and hit “Next.”
- Click IMAP and enter the following under “New Account.”
Host name as imap.secureserver.net
- Input your GoDaddy email username and password.
- Scroll to the “Outgoing Mail Server” section and enter the following:
Host name as smtpout.secureserver.net
- Enter your GoDaddy email log-in credentials and press “Next.”
Your iPhone email app will look for your GoDaddy account and load your emails. If the account doesn’t load, turn the Wi-Fi off and then on again and retry the process.
Troubleshooting GoDaddy Email Setup
If you’re having issues setting up your GoDaddy email account on your iPhone, you might want to try some simple troubleshooting techniques.
However, if none of these works, you should contact customer support to try and resolve the issue. Check out some troubleshooting tips here.
Look for Typos
The email setup process won’t work if some information is incorrect. You might have typed in your password wrong or gotten mixed up when inputting the IMAP server details.
Go back to Settings and carefully look over everything to see if there are any spelling errors. Retype the password and see if your GoDaddy account will load correctly.
Reset Your Password
If you’re having trouble loading your GoDaddy email account to your iPhone, the problem might be with the password. Reset your password in your GoDaddy account as follows:
- Sign in to the GoDaddy Workspace Control Center.
- Scroll to the row of email addresses and press the expand button next to the relevant address.
- Tap “Edit” to open a new window.
- Go to “Change Password” and enter a new password.
- Click “Confirm Password” and then “Save.”
With your GoDaddy password now reset, try loading your email account on your iPhone again and see if it works.
Change the SMTP Ports
The SMTP port allows you to send and receive emails on your iPhone. Providers deliberately block some ports for security purposes. This might be why you can’t load the GoDaddy email account. Try changing the SMTP port as described below and see if that will rectify the problem.
- Open your email app on your iPhone and go to Settings.
- Tap on “Accounts” then “Password.”
- Click the email account you would like to change and press “SMTP.”
- Ensure you have “Use SSL” turned on and hit the SMTP server.
- Enter the SMTP port below:
80, 3535, or 25.
Your GoDaddy email account should now be working on your iPhone.
Update Your iPhone
It could be that your GoDaddy email account isn’t loading because your device needs to be updated.
On your iPhone, go to “Settings,” “General,” then “Software Update.” If there’s an update available, go ahead and tap on it. Your GoDaddy email account should now be up and running.
Work From Anywhere
Sending and receiving work emails on your phone makes it easier to respond to client queries. It saves you the cumbersome task of lagging your laptop around with you. This guide walks you through setting up your GoDaddy email account on your iPhone.
Have you set up your GoDaddy email account on your iPhone? What was the process like for you? Let us know in the comments section below.