How To Find an Instagram Account’s Profile or Post URL
While the Instagram desktop differs slightly from the mobile versions, functionality is the same. However, some exceptions exist, such as navigational menus and options. Regardless, you can still find an Instagram URL on a PC if desired. Both mobile and PC options allow you to access Instagram account URLs whenever you want, and you can share them wherever you need.
Here’s how to find, send, and manage URLs for profile accounts and posts on Instagram.
Finding Your Instagram Profile URL using a Browser
Finding your Instagram profile URL is relatively simple whether you want to use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, or any other browser on a PC, laptop, or mobile device. Here’s how to do it.
- Click or tap on your “profile icon” in the top-right area of the screen.
- Choose “Profile” from the menu list.
- Go to the browser’s address bar, highlight the URL, then copy it. Now, you can paste the URL where needed.
So, you could probably say that finding your profile URL is relatively easy using a browser on your PC, laptop, or mobile device. Unfortunately, most people rarely use Instagram on their computers because they’re frequently on the go and have smartphones.
If someone prefers checking the IG feed from a desktop unit, they’ll most likely use a desktop app. This is almost identical to the mobile app and features most functionality.
Regardless, you can’t find your Instagram profile URL directly when using an Instagram app. However, you can use your profile URL by manually typing it in. The URL pattern for Instagram profiles is as straightforward as they come.
Every profile features the Instagram URL and the username combined. So, your Instagram profile URL would be “https://www.instagram.com/username_here.” If you want to send your profile URL to someone or paste it in a field on a website, the easiest way is using the website version of Instagram. Still, you can manually type it in using the default URL structure above.
How to Get an Instagram Post’s URL and Share It
Instagram has made sharing photos and videos very simple. Below every one of them, there’s a share icon indicating the share feature. That option lets you send the post to any Instagram or Facebook contacts you choose. Yes, both Instagram and Facebook lists appear when using the mobile app. However, sharing an Instagram post’s URL to outside sources (Twitter, email, text message, blogs, forum comments, etc.) requires a different method. Here’s how to get the URL of any Instagram post.
Grab and Share an Instagram Post’s URL using the Android/iOS/iPhone App
- Find the post you want to grab the URL from, then tap or click on the “vertical ellipsis” (vertical three-dot icon) to open the post options.
- Tap on the “Share” option.
- Now, you can tap “Copy” or browse and select from the sharing options, such as “SMS, Twitter, Facebook, Messenger, Skype, Gmail, etc.”
- Choose the posting or sending method and the recipient. Depending on the app and your chosen option above, you may need to paste the link.
- Depending on the source, the message will most likely include an image or thumbnail when sent to someone directly via Messenger, SMS, etc.
Obtain and Share an Instagram Post’s URL using a Browser (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
If you’re using a browser on Windows, Mac, or Linux to access Instagram, finding and copying a post’s URL is similar to the Android/iPhone process. However, more choices are available when using the “ellipsis” icon menu.
You can still use the “share icon” to send to Instagram contacts, but Facebook friends are not listed in the browser—they are an option when using the “ellipsis icon.” To better explain how to share an Instagram post URL in a browser, follow the steps below.
- Browse for the Instagram post you want to copy the URL from, then click on the “horizontal ellipsis” (three horizontal dots).
- To copy the URL of the image or video, select “Copy Link,” and you’re done.
- To copy the URL/link for other actions, select “Share to…” and choose your option below.
- To share the UJRL/link to Instagram profiles, select “Share to Direct.”
- To share the URL to your Facebook feed or story, select “Share to Facebook.”
- To include the URL in a Facebook message, choose “Share to Messenger.”
- To post the URL to Twitter, choose “Share to Twitter.”
- To send the post’s URL in an email, choose “Share via Email.”
- To add the post’s URL to a forum comment, blog, or any other option requiring a URL, choose “Copy Link” if you didn’t use the copy option in “Step 2.”
Copying Instagram post URLs is as easy as it gets. Click the photo, access the options, and choose your copying/pasting/sharing/sending method.
How to Get Someone Else’s Instagram Profile URL
You may want to copy someone’s Instagram profile URL to have it for reference, or perhaps you want to send the URL to someone else. Regardless of the purpose, you can share the person’s profile using a browser in Windows, Mac, or Linux. You can also do it using the Android or iPhone mobile app. Here’s how to copy an Instagram profile URL.
Copy Someone’s Instagram Profile URL using a Windows, Mac, or Linux Browser
- Go to the “Instagram profile” you want to copy the URL from.
- In the “Address Bar,” highlight the “URL” and copy it by right-clicking it and selecting “Copy.”
- Use “Paste” by right-clicking and selecting it wherever you need to send the URL.
Copy Someone’s Instagram Profile URL using Android or iOS/iPhone
- Go to the “Instagram Profile” you want to grab the URL from, then tap on the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) in the top-right section to open the menu.
- Select “Copy profile URL.”
- The screen displays “Link copied” over the profile page.
- Paste the “profile URL” wherever you need it, whether that is an email, a social media post, messages, a blog, a forum, etc.
Copying Instagram profile URLs is easy; you can paste them wherever you need, whenever you need to.
As you can see, Instagram is generally a bit weird about URLs. Some addresses are easy to share and copy, while others (like your profile URL) don’t have a simple “copy” option. Sharing your profile URL is only possible using a browser while other profile URLs are easily copyable using the mobile app and in a web browser on a PC or laptop. Posts, with or without images or videos, are easily copyable in the app or a browser. If you don’t think you’ll ever need to copy URLs on Instagram, the time will come when you will actually need one.