How To Find an Instagram Account’s URL or Link
Instagram was the first popular social media app primarily intended for portable devices (phones and tablets). Whilst the Instagram desktop is slightly different than the mobile versions, functionality is primarily the same. However, some exceptions exist, such as navigational menus and options. Regardless, you can still find an Instagram URL using both methods and access them whenever you want, share them on other social media apps, and more.
Here’s how to find, send, and manage profile and post URLs on Instagram.
Finding Your Instagram Profile URL using Any Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and More) on Mobile Device, Laptop, or PC
Finding your Instagram URL in a browser (desktop or mobile) is fairly simple. Here’s how to do it.
- Navigate to your profile by clicking/tapping the “profile icon” in the top-right area of the screen.
- Click on “Profile” from the menu list.
- Go to the address bar of the browser, highlight the URL, then copy it. Now, you can paste the URL where needed.
So, you could probably say that finding the URL of your profile is relatively easy using a browser on your PC or laptop. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people rarely use Instagram on their computers because they’re frequently on the go and have portable devices.
If someone happens to prefer checking the IG feed from a desktop unit, they’ll most likely use a desktop app. This is almost identical to the mobile app and features most mobile app functionality.
Regardless, you can’t find your Instagram profile URL directly when using an Instagram app. However, you can obtain other people’s profile URLs. The URL pattern for Instagram profiles is as straightforward as they come. Every profile features the Instagram URL and your literal username combined. So, your Instagram profile URL would be https://www.instagram.com/username. In an instance where you want to send your profile URL to someone or paste it in a field on a website, the easiest way to go would be using the website version of Instagram. Still, you can manualy type it in on a mobile device using the default URL structure above.
How to Get an Instagram Post’s URL and Share It
Instagram has made sharing photos and videos very simple. Below every single post, there’s a share icon, indicating the share feature. That option lets you send the post to any Instagram or Facebook contacts you choose. Yes, both Instagram and Facebook lists appear when using the mobile app. However, sharing an Instagram post’s URL to outside sources (Twitter, email, text message, blogs, forum comments, etc.) requires a different method. Here’s how to get the URL of any Instagram post.
Grab and Share an Instagram Post’s URL using the Android/iOS/iPhone App
- Find the post you want to grab the URL from, then tap or click on the “vertical ellipsis” (vertical three-dot icon) to open the post options.
- Tap on “Link” to copy the URL.
- The screen shows “Link Copied” as a confirmation.
- Choose the posting or sending method and the recipient.
- Paste the URL into the message, comment, or social post.
Obtain and Share an Instagram Post’s URL using a Browser (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
If you’re using a browser on Windows, Mac, or Linux to access Instagram, finding and copying a post’s URL is very similar to the Android/iPhone process. However, there are more choices available when using the “ellipsis” menu option.
You can still use the “share icon” to send to Instagram contacts, but Facebook friends are not listed in the browser—they are an option when using the “ellipsis icon.” To better explain the ways to share an Instagram post URL, follow the steps below.
- Browse for the Instagram post you want to copy the URL from, then click on the “horizontal ellipsis” (three horizontal dots).
- To copy the URL of the image or video, select “Copy Link,” and you’re done.
- To copy the URL/link for other actions, select “Share to…” and choose your option below.
- To share to Instagram profiles, select “Share to Direct.”
- To share to your Facebook feed or story, select “Share to Facebook.”
- To include the URL in a Facebook message, choose “Share to Messenger.”
- To post the URL to Twitter, choose “Share to Twitter.”
- To send the post’s URL in an email, choose “Share via Email.”
- To add the post’s URL to a forum comment, blog, or any other option requiring a URL, choose “Copy Link” if you didn’t use the copy option in (Step 2).
Copying Instagram post URLs is as easy as it gets. Simply click the photo in question, access the options, and choose your method of copying/pasting/sharing/sending.
How to Get Someone Else’s Instagram Profile URL
You may want to copy someone’s Instagram profil URL to have for reference, or perhaps you want to send the URL to someone else. Regardless of the purpose, you can do it using a browser in Windows, Mac, or Linux. You can also do it using the Android or iPhone mobile app. Here’s how to copy an Instagram profile URL.
Copy Someone’s Instagram Profile URL using a Windows, Mac, or Linux Browser
- Go to the “Instagram profile” you want to copy the URL from.
- In the “Address Bar,” highlight the URL and copy it by right-clicking it and selecting “Copy.”
- Use “Paste” by right-clicking and selecting it wherever you need to send the URL.
Copy Someone’s Instagram Profile URL using Android or iOS/iPhone
- Go to the “Instagram Profile” you want to grab the URL from, then tap on the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) in the top-right section to open the menu.
- Select “Copy profile URL.”
- The screen displays “Link copied” over the profile page.
- Paste the “profile URL” wherever you need it, whether that is an email, a social media post, messages, a blog, a forum, etc.
Copying Instagram profile URLs is easy to do, and you can paste them wherever you need, whenever you need to.
As you can see, Instagram is a bit weird about URLs in general. Some URLs are easy to share and copy, while others (like your own profile URL) don’t come with a simple “copy” option. Copying your profile URL is only possible using a browser while other profile URLs are easily copyable using the mobile app and in a web browser on a PC or laptop. Posts, whether images or video, are easily copyable too in the app or in a browser. You just need to know how to do it. If you don’t think you’ll ever need to copy URLs on Instagram, the time will come when you need one.