How to Change Your Netflix Plan Subscription
Cold days of winter are coming, and we all know we can’t do cozy anymore without Netflix. If you’re ready to chill, then you probably already have a list of your favorite TV shows ready to binge-watch. Maybe also try to squeeze in a movie or two?
Whatever you’re planning to watch, you might want to review your subscription plan. Does it still suit your needs?
If not, you’ll be happy to hear that changing your plan is possible in just a few clicks. Or taps – you can even do it from your smartphone.
Keep reading if you want to learn how.
How to Change Your Netflix Plan
Netflix offers three different plans, so you can choose the right one based on your needs and budget. Each one has specific features, such as the number of screens you can stream on or the availability of HD and Ultra HD videos.
If your current plan doesn’t meet your needs anymore, you can change it. Follow the instructions below to do so.
- Open your browser and go to Netflix.com.
- Sign in to your account and go to the Account page.
- If you see the blue Change Plan link, click on it and see the list of available packages.
- Select the plan you want to subscribe to and click on Continue (If there’s the Update button instead, click that).
- Click on Confirm to save your choice, and the change will be applied on the date you’ll see on the screen.
Be aware that if you’ve decided to buy a cheaper plan, the change will take effect on the next billing date. That’s when you’ll pay the new price. However, if you’ve decided to upgrade your plan, the change is made immediately, and you’ll pay the new fee on the next billing date.
How to Change Your Netflix Plan on iPhone
If you’re an iPhone user, you may be paying for Netflix services via iTunes. If that’s the case, you can use this software to change or cancel your Netflix subscription. However, those who became Netflix members before 5/10/2014 need to cancel their accounts first and then choose a new payment method after their billing date.
Follow the steps below to change your plan on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Log in to your Netflix account on your mobile device.
- Once you’re on your home screen, select the Settings icon.
- Tap on your user name and then open iTunes & App Store.
- Locate your Apple ID and tap to view it. Log in with your Apple credentials, if asked.
- Select Subscriptions to view them all and find Netflix on the list.
- Pick the plan you want to switch to and tap Confirm in the pop-up dialogue box.
- You can now see your new subscription plan on your account.
Note: You might be asked to log in to iTunes again before you finally confirm the change. Do this, and make sure you’re using the correct Apple ID. If you don’t see Netflix in the Subscriptions section, go to the official Netflix website and change your plan from there.
How to Change Your Netflix Plan on Android
You can change your Netflix plan on the go if the situation requires it. If you’re team Android, you can easily do this using your Netflix app. Here are the instructions to follow:
- Open Netflix on your Android phone (or tablet).
- Navigate to the bottom of the home screen and select the More icon.
- When a new menu is open, tap the Account option.
- You’ll then be directed to a web page. Look for the Plan Details section displaying your current plan. Then, tap the Change plan option and choose the one you want to switch to from now on.
- Select the blue Continue button you’ll see below.
- On the next screen, confirm your choice by tapping on Confirm Change. You’ll see your current and your future plan there.
Depending on what plan you’ve chosen, you may need to wait until your next billing date to see the change and use the new plan.
How to Update Your Netflix Account
You can update plenty of information in your account on your own. For instance, under the Membership & Billing section, you can change your phone number or the email address associated with the account. As you’ve seen, you can also change your subscription plan.
If you’re no longer interested in receiving emails from Netflix, you can update this option too – under Settings.
If you’re sharing your account with someone, you may want to know that you can hide specific titles from this list. And if you’re going to change your payment method, you can also do it via the Account section.
If you’re looking to change something else related to your profile and you can’t seem to find it anywhere in the settings, you may need customer support to do it for you. They may have to verify your identity first, and then they’ll help you update your desired information.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Account
There are several ways to cancel your Netflix account if you no longer want to use it. Let’s see what they are.
How to Cancel Your Plan via Mobile Devices
If you’ve got an iPhone or another iOS mobile device, you can use the same steps we’ve described above. However, this time, you won’t be changing the plan, but when you find Netflix on your list of services you’re subscribed to, tap it, and select Cancel Subscription.
For Android users, you can cancel Netflix via Google Play Store. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to Google Play Store and navigate to the hamburger icon on the top left corner.
- Tap it to open the main menu and find Subscriptions and tap to open the list.
- Locate Netflix on your list of subscriptions and tap to open, then choose Cancel.
You can also cancel your account via the Netflix app on both iOS and Android devices.
- Open the Netflix app and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Tap the More button.
- Go to your account, and a web page will open, where you’ll see Cancel Membership at the bottom.
Before you confirm the cancellation, be sure you want to end your membership. Once you cancel it on your mobile phone, you won’t be able to stream Netflix on any other device.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription on a Mac
You can also sign in to iTunes and change your plan using a Mac computer. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the App Store app on your Mac.
- Select the blue View Information button at the top.
- Sign in, if necessary.
- A new page will load, so scroll to Subscriptions.
- Select Manage and find Netflix on your list of active subscriptions.
- Click the Edit button next to it.
- Click on Cancel Subscription and confirm your choice if you’re asked to do so.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Account in a Web Browser
You can use any PC or mobile device to cancel your account using a web browser. This is how:
- Make sure you’re signed in to your Netflix account.
- Find the Profile icon at the top and click or tap it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Account.
- Find the Membership & Billing section and click or tap the Cancel Membership button.
Your account will be deleted when your current billing period is over. Until then, you’re free to keep watching Netflix.
Do you have more questions about your Netflix subscription plan? Check out the following section – you may find your answer there.
Why Did My Netflix Plan Change?
Your Netflix plan will never change unless you’re notified about it by the Netflix team. If something changed in your subscription, such as its price, check the email address associated with your account. If there are any changes in pricing, Netflix will notify you about it. You should also see a message on your display as soon as you sign in.
You can expect to receive this message a month before there’s an increase in the price. If this happens, according to Netflix, it’s because they’ve added more shows and improved the quality of their service.
You will be able to cancel your subscription at any time if you’re unhappy with the change.
How Much Does a Netflix Membership Cost?
There are three available plans on Netflix: Basic, Standard, and Premium.
The Basic plan costs $8.99 per month. For the Standard one, you’d need to pay $13.99 a month, while the Premium package price is $17.99 per month.
What Is the Standard Package for Netflix?
The Standard plan is an upgrade compared to the basic one, which provides good video quality. If you choose Standard, you’ll enjoy better video quality in 1080p resolution.
You will also have the opportunity to watch countless TV shows and movies on different devices – computers, TVs, laptops, mobile devices. Your first month will be free, and after that, you can cancel anytime.
How Do I Change My Netflix to 2 Screens?
Different Netflix plans allow you to stream videos on a different number of devices at the same time. Unfortunately, if you’re a Basic subscriber, you can only stream on one screen at a time. If you’re sharing your password with a friend or a family member, watching the same show at the same time isn’t going to work.
Unless… you upgrade your subscription to the Standard plan. This one allows you to stream on two devices at once, so you’ll be able to co-watch your favorite movies and TV shows.
Also, check out the Premium package, which lets you stream on four screens simultaneously.
Choose a Suitable Plan and Chill
No need to fill out tedious forms or reach out to customer support if you want to change your plan. Netflix has made it as easy as possible – a few clicks or taps, and you’re done. Moreover, you can do it from a variety of devices, and the change can be effective immediately, depending on whether you’re upgrading or downgrading.
What’s your current Netflix plan? Have you tried to change it? Let us know in the comments section below.