How to Change Your Username on Roblox
Many people that register an account on Roblox never really take much time to come up with a username. Some people do it just to test things out, and some are too excited to start creating or playing games to care.
Knowing how to change your username on Roblox is a handy piece of info to have. If for one reason or another, your old one isn’t cutting it anymore. Below we’ll show you all the necessary steps to do so, regardless of the platform you’re on.
How to Change Your Username on Roblox on a Windows or Mac PC
If you are using a computer, changing your username will be the same whether you are using Windows or macOS. Your username will be tied to your account, thus you need to access the Roblox site to change it. It doesn’t really matter which browser you use, as long as you can open the Roblox website. The steps for changing your username are given below:
- Proceed to the Roblox website then log into your account.
- Click on the gear icon on the upper right corner of your browser screen. This will open the Settings dropdown menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Make sure you are in the Account Info tab. If not, click on Account Info in the menu to the left. Click the edit icon that is located to the right of your username.
- On the window that appears, enter your new desired username and then your Roblox password.
- Note that changing your username will cost 1,000 Robux. If you have the required funds, click on Buy. Your username should now be changed. You can now navigate away from this window.
How to Change Your Username on Roblox on an Android Device
The instructions on how to change your username on Roblox mobile are rather similar. Account registrations aren’t really dependent on the platform, so the process is very similar. To change your username on an Android device, do the following:
- Open the Roblox App on your phone.
- Log into your account.
- Tap on the Settings icon on the bottom right corner of your screen. The icon looks like three dots inside a circle.
- From the menus, scroll down until you see Settings. Its symbol would be a large gear. Tap on it.
- From the resulting menus, tap on Account Info.
- Tap on the edit icon that is to the right of your username.
- Enter your new desired username, then your Roblox password.
- Similar to the PC version, you will need to pay 1,000 Robux to be able to change your name. If you have the amount available, tap on Buy.
- Your username should now have been changed. You can navigate out of this screen.
How to Change Your Username on Roblox on an iPhone
The mobile version of Roblox is similar for both the iPhone and Android. The process to change your username is also similar. If you wish to change your username, follow the instructions as described for the Android version of the app above.
How to Change Your User Name on Roblox on an Xbox One
If you’re using the console version of Roblox, you’ll also need to access your account to be able to change your username. The process is similar to the other platforms and with only minor differences. The steps are detailed below:
- Open the Roblox app on your Xbox.
- If you’re not logged in yet, log in now. You’ll see two buttons when you start up the program. One to sign in with your Gamertag and the other is to use your username. Do note that if you’re using your Xbox Gamertag as your name, you’ll need to change the Gamertag if you want the username to change as well. This is done through the Microsoft webpage, not through Roblox. Sign in with your username and password.
- You’ll need to open the Settings window. To do this, move your cursor to the gear icon that’s in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose and click on Settings.
- Open Account Info.
- Click on the edit icon located to the right of your current username.
- Input your new preferred username and then your Roblox password.
- The name-change costs 1,000 Robux. If you have that much available and want to continue, click on Buy.
- Your username should be changed. You can now navigate away from this screen.
How to Change Your User Name on Roblox on a PS4
In the PS4 version of Roblox, you can change your username similarly to changing it on the Xbox as described above, i.e. by opening the app, or you can do it using the website. The PlayStation 4 has a built-in web browser that can do the job. If you wish to use the web browser, open it and then type in Roblox. Follow the instructions as given in the PC version as given above.
If you’d rather use the application, follow the instructions as given in the Xbox. The process is similar.
Changing Your Roblox Email Address for All Platforms
If instead of changing your username, you wish to change your email address, you can follow these instructions.
- Follow the instructions as given for your platform above until you get to the Account Information window.
- Instead of clicking or tapping on the edit button next to your username, tap or click on Update email instead.
- From the window that pops up, enter your new email address and your Roblox Password.
- Click or tap on Update Email.
- A confirmation message will be sent to the email address that you entered. Open that message and follow the instructions as stated in the email.
- Once you’ve confirmed your new email address, it should now be your set as your default email.
Here are a couple of frequently asked questions regarding changing Roblox usernames.
Are there any limitations or restrictions associated with renaming my user in Roblox?
Are there any limitations or restrictions associated with renaming my user in Roblox?
There are no obvious restrictions to name changes as set by the developers of Roblox. Although you could say that the payment requirement is a restriction in and of itself. There are a few pointers that you should take note of when changing your username though:
1. Although all of your old forum posts will still be around, older posts will remain under your old username. But your new username will be credited with your total post counts just the same.
2. Your account creation date won’t be reset when you change your username. Anyone who has achieved the Veteran status will keep the title.
3. People that know you by your old username will still be able to find you using that name. The name is locked to you, and even after you change your username, you will still be connected to it.
4. Reverting to an old username will need another name change for the 1,000 Robux.
5. All new usernames are subject to the regular naming restrictions, which are:
a. Usernames shouldn’t contain inappropriate words or phrases.
b. Usernames shouldn’t infringe on copyrighted brands or names.
c. Usernames can’t be all numbers.
d. Usernames can’t contain spaces.
e. Only one underscore is allowed.
f. The underscore can’t be at the beginning or end of a username.
g. Not to exceed 20 characters.
h. Must have at least three or more characters.
i. Duplicate usernames are not allowed. If you enter a name that’s in use, you’ll be asked to try again.
j. No special characters allowed.
k. Since all usernames stay connected to players, including banned players, banned names can’t be reused.
l. Any account registered or owned by someone 13 years old must not contain any identifying information.
m. As mentioned, old usernames of other accounts are locked and unavailable.
n. Unless you’re using the mobile version, you can’t use the name Robloxian followed by numbers.
6. If you’ve changed your username, you can find a list of all of your past names by going to your Profile or Account Settings page.
How often can my user name be changed in Roblox?
As name changes are a paid service, there really isn’t a restriction on how often you can change your username. As long as you have enough Robux to change your name, you can change it as often as you like. But as mentioned, other users can still search an old username of yours and get your new username.
A Steep Cost
No matter what reason you may have, knowing how to change your username on Roblox will be useful if you ever feel the need to do so. The cost may be steep, considering that it’s a simple name change, but if you think that it’s worth it, having the option available is a good thing.
Have you ever changed your Roblox username? Did you have problems with editing it, or do you know of other ways to do so? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
4 thoughts on “How to Change Your Username on Roblox”