How to Create Meeting Link in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is one of the best and most reliable collaboration software for business. It has been a part of Office 365 since 2016, and since then, its popularity has only increased.
One of the reasons so many companies rely on it for remote working is how easy it is to schedule a meeting. You can do it by creating a link and then sharing it with a single person or an entire team.
This article will discuss how to create and share a link for a meeting and answer some of the commonly asked questions about Teams.
How to Create a Meeting Link for Microsoft Teams on a PC
Even though Microsoft Teams is available for both desktop and mobile devices, many users prefer their PC because they’re working on it already.
If it’s your responsibility to schedule a new meeting with one person or even a team, that will require several steps. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Microsoft Teams for desktop and sign in to your account.
- Click on the “Calendar” icon on the left-hand side of the window.
- Then select “New Meeting” in the top right-hand corner.
- When the new pop-up page appears, enter all the relevant information. Name the meeting, set the exact time, and list all the attendees.
- After you’ve entered all the details, click “Save” in the top right-hand corner.
- When the meeting is created, go back to the Teams’ calendar again. Select the meeting you’ve just scheduled.
- Click the “Details” tab of the meeting and find the “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” option.
- Hover with the cursor over that option and then right-click on it. You’ll see the options to “Copy Link” or “Open Link.”
When you copy the link to the meeting, you can paste it to your email, Blackboard, or send it via any other platform. People who receive it will have to click on it to join the scheduled Teams’ meeting.
How to Create a Meeting Link for Microsoft Teams on an iPhone
One of the ways Teams is a versatile platform for a workplace is proven by the fact that you can schedule or join a meeting from anywhere.
As long as you have a stable internet connection. That means if you have Teams on your iPhone and it’s time to create a meeting, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch Teams on your iPhone and tap on the “Calendar” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Then tap on the calendar icon that contains “+” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- This will create a new meeting. Add a title, participants, add a channel if you’ll use one, and set the time and date.
- Tap “Done” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
This will have successfully created the meeting. Then all you need to do is go to the Calendar again and tap in the meeting you’ve scheduled. Then follow these steps to create a link for the meeting:
- When you tap on the meeting you’ve scheduled from the calendar, switch to the “Details” tab.
- Under the meeting title and time and date details, you will be able to see “Share meeting invite” next to the sharing icon.
- When you tap on the sharing option, a pop-up window will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the app you want to use to send the link. It can be email, WhatsApp, text message, Google Drive, or even send it directly to someone on Teams.
When the person you’ve shared the link with receives it, all they will have to do is tap or click on it and join the meeting.
How to Create a Meeting Link for Microsoft Teams on an Android Device
It’s not only that iPhone and iPad users get to have the benefit of taking Teams with them wherever they go. If you’re an Android user, you can also download Teams and schedule or join a meeting with just a few taps.
Fortunately, the Microsoft Teams mobile app for Android works precisely the same as it does on iOS devices. So, if you’re an Android user, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Teams on your Android device and tap on “Calendar” at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, tap on the calendar icon with the “+” symbol.
- You’ve now created a new meeting. Proceed to name the meeting, add participants, the channel you’ll be using, and make sure to set the time and date correctly.
- Tap on the checkmark at the top of the screen.
When the meeting is created, it’s time to get the meeting link you can share with others. Here’s what to do:
- Tap on the newly scheduled meeting, and then switch to the “Details” tab.
- Find the “Share meeting invite” under the meeting’s title and scheduling details.
- Tap on the sharing option and from the pop-up window select how you want to share the meeting link.
The recipient needs to click on the link in order to join the Teams’ meeting.
How to Create Microsoft Teams Meeting Link in Outlook
Teams is a part of Office 365, so, it’s no wonder it’s integrated into Outlook. And if you’re using Outlook for work already, then you’ll be pleased to know that you can create a meeting and send a link via Outlook as well. First, you need to make sure that you have the latest version of Outlook. Then follow these steps:
- Open your Outlook desktop client.
- On the calendar, select the time when you want to schedule the meeting.
- When the new appointment window opens, click on “Teams Meeting” from the toolbar on top of the window.
- Add all the meeting details, including name, attendees, or change the time if necessary.
- Make sure that under “Location,” it says, “Microsoft Teams Meeting.”
- You can also add text to the body of the message.
- Click on “Send” in the top left-hand corner to send the email that will contain the invitation to the meeting.
But maybe you want to send an email with the link from Outlook and just need to copy the automatically generated link. If that’s the case, instead of clicking “Send,” scroll down and find the “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” option.
Then right-click on it and select “Copy Hyperlink.” Then paste the link for the meeting into another app or save it for later if you need to forward it.
Can I Schedule the Meeting for the Future When I Create a Meeting Link?
When you create the Team’s meeting link, it’s going to be available for 60 days. If, after that time, no one uses it or updates it, the link will expire.
If someone uses it on the 59th day, the expiration date will reset to another 60 days. So, you can schedule a meeting for the future and change the time if you need to, the link will remain active as long as you have the meeting in that time frame.
Joining the Teams’ Meeting With One Click
Microsoft Teams might seem like a somewhat overwhelming platform at first, but soon you’ll realize it’s intuitive and optimized to work with other Microsoft products. If you use Outlook for emailing and scheduling an appointment, Teams blend in naturally.
And even if you’re not and you want to send a link to someone to join a meeting, with a few steps, you’ll be able to create the meeting, copy the link, and share it with anyone. And you can do that on both the computer and mobile device.
Do you use Teams more on your computer or smartphone? Let us know in the comments section below.